The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Jinnyfizz And Star

boothros

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Thanks to the tireless efforts of Jane and Nicky, the beautiful whippet Star has been acquired from a home who didn't seem to appreciate how wonderful she really is.

I've been watching Stars' advert on at least 2 different pet selling sites now for a few months and like many was appauled when the seller started to use her oncoming season as a selling point.

As many of you may know I'm the proud owner of Skye supplied to me by Tanya as a flighty, bolshy totally wonderful 3 month old pup, now a ditzy, sociable and totally loving yearling. Unlike my previous darling the beautiful Jazz who was very much a 'people' dog, its always been apparant to me that another dog in the house would very much benefit Skye. Not only does she love every other dog she meets, but sometimes if we're not playing, eating, walk/running, having a chat, having a mock fight, sorting out squirrels, chasing mice, having a barking competition and all the other dumb things we get up to, I seem to be a bit of a bore to her. Hence the search for a new canine companion was on.

Insipred by the wonderful story of Nicky and Poppy, I swore on this occasion I would rescue a dog rather than go down the new puppy route (though obviously Ive still been scanning the ads!) and have either been too far away from a rescue centre for them to be able to vet me properly, or been pipped at the post by some other lucky person. Having missed out so many times, I was amazed that through the whole thread on the rescue of Star that at the time, no one was actually in the postion to rehome her so I PMed Jane and offered Star a home. I was even more amazed when Jane thought I was suitable and from then on we started to hatch our plans.

Our plans culminated today when Jane DELIVERED Star to me today after a 3 hour drive. I was on tenderhooks a bit as we've now found out that Star has a bit of a dominant side which we wearn't expecting. I think after leaving her new pack and Jane, and with the upheaval that shes had this week, she has gone back to appearing submissive which in a way is great as its given Skye a chance to put her oar in with no jealousy or fear involved.

At present, both dogs are sleeping, not exactly curled up yet but together at least, Skye thinks that Star is absolutely marvellous and I think Star thinks that at the moment Skye is a bit of an annoying prat (not far from the truth) but the settling in period has gone as well as I could have hoped so far.

I am buying Star from Jane, so the monies raised so far from your kind contibutions shall either be returned or forwarded to JR Whippet rescue dependant on the wishes of each contributer.

As K9 Community has given me the chance to own this dog I fully intend to keep my part of the bargain and supply as much photographic evidence as you can stomach of her progress. As I understand that things can and do go wrong and that also peoples cicumstances can change, the knowledge that Star will always have a home with Jane if needed is a comforting thought.

Thanks to everybody who has supported Star, I hope she will become a great ambassador for k9 and very special thanks to Nicky and Jane.

IMG_0747.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
how lovely sharon,a lovely ending ,good luck with star may she bring you many happy years :huggles:

what great news...Star and Sky.....ment to be together i think :wub: :wub:

so great that she has a forever home so fast, she can now enjoy the rest of her life with her new sofa......oh and new family ;) :lol: :lol:

aww! thats fantastic news looks like she has settled already :)

fantastic news boot

good things come to those that wait

lots of love and :luck:

now your a 2 dog household

sure in time they will be best mates

Star was with me for 2 days and in that time she went from a quivering, insecure little girlie to a happy, confident, extrovert and loving lady :wub:

She slept with me and Jinny, ate with the pack, played with the pack and exerted her own particular brand of discipline over Poacher :lol:

I miss her so much and it seems very quiet here without her, but I have the knowledge that she has a wonderful home with Sharon, Peter and Skye and couldn't be more loved :wub:

Here are some pictures I took today ................

P1040299.jpg

Skye :wub:

P1040301.jpg

P1040305.jpg

Is Star comfortable? :- :D

P1040309.jpg

P1040310.jpg

P1040306.jpg

Thank you, Sharon, for giving Star such a special home and, yes, she can come back to her family here in Devon if ever the need arises ......... and bring Skye with her too :D :thumbsup:

Oh that's brilliant news Boo!

So nice to have a happy ending - well done K9ers! :thumbsup:

Well Jayne and Boo, what a lovely story, with a lovely ending. All the very best with her Boo for the rest of her happy little life :huggles:

What a brillant ending :) Well done Boo :huggles: Hope Star settles into her forever home with Skye :wub: :wub: Good luck :luck: :luck:

aww i do love a happy ending ,your one lucky lady sharon having met this little lady she is gorguse and as iv said before if i had been in a better position i would have had her myself ,i didnt do that much in the rescue i think all the credit must go to jane (what a star you are hun :huggles: ) look forward to many more pics of the gorguse star and skye :D

:D I love a happy ending :'(

I've been following this saga & it's great to know Star is now home & has a new friend in Skye.....well almost :-

What a good move :) im sure those two are made

for each other, congratulations all round :huggles:

Skye looks fantastic i dont think i've seen any pictures

of her since she was a pup.........i never found those

pictures btw :(

Last edited by a moderator:
that 1st photo speaks volumes

2 happy girls with there mum

and will get to meet her in august

can't wait

i love happy endings

k9 strikes again well done jane xxx nicky xxx

thats brilliant sharon!!! good on you :thumbsup: beautiful pics..all the very best :huggles:

aww thats fab, :) you just couldn't wish for a more perfect ending to the first chapter of Stars life,

i'm sure the next chapters will be even more wonderful than she ever dared dreamed of while she

lived with the person who didn't love her like she deserved :thumbsup:

well done you wonderful lot :huggles:

What great news,lots of luck with her :) she looks gorgeous :wub: Julie

So pleased to see her with Skye, they make a pretty pair and I'm sure will become best friends in no time...just as soon as Skye accepts who's boss!!

Good Luck Boo with your two beautiful Girls - and well done to those involved with her safe retrieval and rehoming - what great people you all are :thumbsup:

so pleased for you all, what a happy ending,

well done everyone envolved :cheers: :huggles:

Good luck to Star for a long and happy life in her new home :cheers:

Crikey Boo you can yak! :lol:

Seriously though what a great outcome :D

Wishing you, Skye and Star all the best together :cheers:

Lovely to see

Graeme

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back