The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Jinnyfizz And Star

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
To all involved in rescuing Star give yourselfs a big pat on the back :D What great people :thumbsup:

Sharon hope that Star settles in well with youre gorgeous Skye :wub:

Cant wait to see more piccys

WOW! This is great news, I am so pleased that Star has a lovely home with you. Huge well done to all those involved in getting her this far. :D

Well we all had a peaceful night, I used the excuse for being so tired that I simply couldnt be bothered NOT to have the dogs on my bed :- .

So far its bit like follow my leader. Star is following me around as if to say 'Please get this irritating pup away from me!' and Skye's following Star about as if to say 'Well go on then, do something naughty!'

Very frustrating this morning as its such a lovely one and we're all desperate to get out, but I'm waiting for a parcel to be delivered which needs to be signed for. Picked Stars' collar up to do some tidying and she came bounding over to me as if to say 'Yep come on lets get out there!'. Hopefully if this blessed postman ever gets here we'll manage to get out and about with the camera :thumbsup:

Oh Sharon you lucky bugger you........ :D

well done for giving this lovely girl a home..........she really is a beauty xxx

oh brilliant news and i do hope star gets on well with skye :luck: they do look good together sharon :thumbsup: :huggles: :huggles:

Brilliant news. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: What a great outcome to what was such a sad story to begin with.

Well done to Jane and Nicky for their part in this, and to Sharon for giving this lovely girl the opportunity of a new future where she will be really loved and appreciated. :wub: :wub: :wub:

I am sure Skye and Star will be best friends in no time. :luck: :luck:

Awww what a happy ending, Jane you are an angel o:) and you work so hard for such a great cause :huggles: i feel privileged to have met you :huggles: :

Well done you :thumbsup: :huggles:

:luck: Sharon with star :wub: i'm sure she will settle well with skye :wub:

How strange having my own pup 'Star' :wub: my choice of name for my next pup, if we decide to get one :- has always been 'Skye'.

That's such a nice story, like it's meant to be.

I hope the harmony continues. x

Awww what a happy ending, Jane you are an angel o:) and you work so hard for such a great cause :huggles: i feel privileged to have met you :huggles: :Well done you :thumbsup: :huggles:

How strange having my own pup 'Star' :wub: my choice of name for my next pup, if we decide to get one :- has always been 'Skye'.

And you only live a stone's throw from each other too, Sonia!!!!!

........ can just imagine you and Sharon meeting up to walk the dogs - Star, Star, Skye, Skye, Star, Skye!!!!!! Chaos :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awww what a happy ending, Jane you are an angel o:) and you work so hard for such a great cause :huggles: i feel privileged to have met you :huggles: :Well done you :thumbsup: :huggles:

And you only live a stone's throw from each other too, Sonia!!!!!

........ can just imagine you and Sharon meeting up to walk the dogs - Star, Star, Skye, Skye, Star, Skye!!!!!! Chaos :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: pmsl Jane (w00t) (w00t)

Well we've just had a lovely stroll (though walking 2 is a bit like leaning to ski!) and we took in the park on the way. Happily we had it to ourselves so the leads came off and the running commenced! Stars' recall is a dream compared to Skyes', but we all caught up with each other in the end and then we came home. Didnt have camera as it was being charged, so here are a few taken in the garden and a few of the 'who gets the best chair' fight.

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

What fabulous news... :thumbsup: she looks a lovely girl and Im so glad shes found

a perfect home with you...

Just catching up with this, what a fantastic ending. Looks like Star has made herself boss already!

I do love a happy ending. She really is a beautiful girl :wub:

Well done to everyone involved :thumbsup:

Oh look!!!! Star's tail is still going round and round like a helicopter blade :wub:

I love that little girl soooooooooooooo much :D

She looks really happy, Sharon. Thank you :huggles:

:D so glad this has worked out so well , TOLD YOU IT WOULD!!!! a perfect home for a any dog , lucky star :D

OI!!! whats this skyes a reprobate!!!!!!!!!!! :clown:

well done all of you , esp jane nicky and now sharon xxxx

Oh, they look lovely together. :lol:

Have fun with them.

Janetta

Thanks to the tireless efforts of Jane and Nicky, the beautiful whippet Star has been acquired from a home who didn't seem to appreciate how wonderful she really is. I've been watching Stars' advert on at least 2 different pet selling sites now for a few months and like many was appauled when the seller started to use her oncoming season as a selling point.

As many of you may know I'm the proud owner of Skye supplied to me by Tanya as a flighty, bolshy totally wonderful 3 month old pup, now a ditzy, sociable and totally loving yearling. Unlike my previous darling the beautiful Jazz who was very much a 'people' dog, its always been apparant to me that another dog in the house would very much benefit Skye.

IMG_0747.jpg
So jealous of you having Star. I saw her ad last year while looking for a second whippet and wanted to go to Wales and get her, unfortunately OH did not entertain the idea. Such a lovely ending, the two girls colours go well together. We finally did get another dog (Kadie) and we found, like you with Star, her recall was better than our dog, although Kadie's character is more like Skye's!

Good Luck for the future, Donna.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back