The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

K9 Hacked

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
mazza said:
I tried to log on at about 4 this afternoon and up popped that really scarey figure from AVG telling me I've got a virus in the works.Done a complete system check and the infection I got is now quarantined although it appears I cannot quarantine or heal all these malicious files but I'm hoping no further damage can be done. I haven't had many viruses infect my pc but when the AVG program tells you cannot move them to the virus vault, (omg, a virus which avg is telling me I have but cannot quarantine) it makes me feel a bit worried about how powerful these trogans are and are they removed or rendered harmless before damaging other files. AVG is very good at detecting bugs but what's more important is actually getting rid of the damn things.

The files were java veri bytes something or other in the temp internet folders.

It makes me so angry that some people enjoy wreaking havoc on innnocent web users. :rant:

Did anybody else get a shock this afternoon.

Yep i got it, booted up pc in safe mode, turned off system restore where the filth can hide, ran avg which picked it up, put into virus vault, no problems, this is a good prog and its free, ASQUARED FROM EMISOFT, scans your comp for malware infections, scans and cleans malware files, viruses, trojans, spyware, if you choose to download it, update it first then run it

keith

midlanderkeith said:
mazza said:
I tried to log on at about 4 this afternoon and up popped that really scarey figure from AVG telling me I've got a virus in the works.Done a complete system check and the infection I got is now quarantined although it appears I cannot quarantine or heal all these malicious files but I'm hoping no further damage can be done. I haven't had many viruses infect my pc but when the AVG program tells you cannot move them to the virus vault, (omg, a virus which avg is telling me I have but cannot quarantine) it makes me feel a bit worried about how powerful these trogans are and are they removed or rendered harmless before damaging other files. AVG is very good at detecting bugs but what's more important is actually getting rid of the damn things.

The files were java veri bytes something or other in the temp internet folders.

It makes me so angry that some people enjoy wreaking havoc on innnocent web users. :rant:

Did anybody else get a shock this afternoon.

Yep i got it, booted up pc in safe mode, turned off system restore where the filth can hide, ran avg which picked it up, put into virus vault, no problems, this is a good prog and its free, ASQUARED FROM EMISOFT, scans your comp for malware infections, scans and cleans malware files, viruses, trojans, spyware, if you choose to download it, update it first then run it

keith

Sorry forgot to add, dont forget to turn back on SYSTEM RESTORE :thumbsup:

I'm getting the error message too and I didn't get the email! Help!

hellybobs said:
I have to admit I did panic...txt OH we had trouble... :oops:
He got home and checked everything and we was ok thankfully  :blink:

Aparently we have 3 different anti-virus and spyware thingy's going on all at the same time  :eek:   :wacko:

My OH say Norton is a bit rubbish cos it doesn't catch all the virus's and doesn't stop all the spyware...for the money you pay for it, it should do  :rant:

I'd love to know why these  :rant:   :rant: want to spoil the enjoyment of other people???

No need to pay helly, the freebies are just as good.

keith

:thumbsup:

Well, i was the bright spark (NOT) who got the email at work & OPENED IT!!!................. Company was shut down this afternoon, virus run riot, my pc has been taken away!!!

Just as well Mr IT is a personal friend!!!

He is wiping my PC totally, bringing it back tomorrow & telling those who need to know it was a random email!!!

beaker said:
Zephyr said:
Did a scan on Norton Antivirus and nothing detected BUT when I try to use my assistant to call up recent posts, this message comes up :(   :(
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_int_array() in /home/book17r/public_html/forums/sources/search.php on line 83

Nigel, what does this mean? :wacko:

i get that to :(

Yes, sorry, I know the search is broken - I'll try & sort that out later. It's not really a problem at the moment.

just an extra warning I have 2 emali adys only one of witch is used on k9 at all yet it was the oether that reseverd the email my yahoo on so check any and all email accounts for it and delete them just check tonys compuer and alexs acounts aswell

i must be the only person on ere not to be effected :p

for every1 using avg you need to get a better antivirus cos

its not as good as it made out to be..

altho it says your computer is clean ther will be certain files it not delete

and ther the files that need removing

i would recomend (bitdefender 9 pro)

its got antispam firewall and anti virus in one

i never had any problems with this program

:thumbsup:

i forgot i had joined this site. the virus email brought me back and lukily i didnt open it. and ran a scan. is it possible the anti-hunting movement was behind the breach due to the content regarding working dogs.

I got the virus email sent this morning to me in Italy...luckily I didnt open it as the wording was rather childish and we suspected it may not be from your site. Thank goodness it is now blocked on the firewall.

Yes - we got a Trojan virus can't remember which one but it was blocked, wasn't sent an e-mail but am getting the error message.

Sue

it happened to a few sites last week that I use,

seems to be aimed at invision hosted boards.

Mark Roberts said:
it happened to a few sites last week that I use,
seems to be aimed at invision hosted boards.

Yes, it was a specific exploit against IPB boards and happened to many IPB driven boards over the last few days. Hopefully the vulnerability is now fixed.

I didn't get an email and did a virus scan last night. Found one trojan threat. I still keep getting error mssg when trying to view some posts. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. Any idea why?

K9 seems ok this morning for me anyway. but have noticed - cannot view my recent posts or recent topics either. My last post yesterday was to a very strange message - a garbled one - in some sort of code by a new K9 member - - was this the culprit Nigel then.

boom said:
i would recomend (bitdefender 9 pro)
its got antispam firewall and anti virus in one

i never had any problems with this program

Yeah McAfee is much the same & went after those old trogans all right. Normally it warns me about stuff but lets me continue what I was doing if I so choose. Not yesterday tho, it wasnt having any of it. Coudnt clean em, couldnt quarantine em, in fact coulnt do anything much till I killed the critters. Went on last night at work at about 9 as OH texted to say all seemed ok, all was ok. Tried to go back on at 05 30, today and was barred by a new Google based virus guard that Ive never seen before. So glad that I didnt have Ninas bad luck tho otherwise Id be lookin for a new job today. By the way, OH got the Email but I didnt. Cant thank McAfee enough, had Norton for years & this wipes the floor with it.

Zephyr said:
Did a scan on Norton Antivirus and nothing detected BUT when I try to use my assistant to call up recent posts, this message comes up :(   :(
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_int_array() in /home/book17r/public_html/forums/sources/search.php on line 83

Im still having this problem Zephyr are you? Its happening in particular when viewing posts, and then trying to go back a page.

God this was scary!

I had a trojan but all okay now :thumbsup:

boothros said:
Zephyr said:

Im still having this problem Zephyr are you? Its happening in particular when viewing posts, and then trying to go back a page.

Still happening to me too and I didn't get the email.!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back