The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Looking For A Lurcher With Texture

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Oh how gorgeous. Both of them. You're right - I should have left him to deal with a taxi driver. I missed quite a sight.

Does unregistered mean a dog is not kennel club registered?

Yes Lind@ unregistered means the dog does not come with a KC pedigree, though it comes with information from the breeder, Bella for instance has a KC registered sire, however her mother had discrepancy in her breeding (which my friend wont mind me saying) although her line was bred strongly along a hunting deerhound line there had been outcrosses in the past and her 'pedigree' was only really heresay and her birth was the result of an accidental mating, in the end that was reflected in the selling price.

Some deerhound breeders do, do outcrosses for various reasons, for example you can see on Doxhope's site how they carefully with the KC registered deerhound sire's bred with lurchers and greyhounds, as well as bred a line of their own KC registered Deerhounds.

Although Bella is a deerhound near as dammit she can not be shown as Deerhound at limit, open or champion shows. If she is bred from when the time comes - again there would be no KC pedigree. She can be shown at lurcher shows...and serve the purpose my mate bought her for - working and companionship.

Clear as mud I'm sure :lol: Maybe others are better to explain. :thumbsup:

Try to add bit now I missed :oops: say if a 1st cross deerhound/greyhound is then bred back into registered Deerhound strains and records are kept a pedigree can then be applied for showing the % of each mating till it is considered sufficently pure bred to be KC registered. Still not well explained but hopefully you get the jist :blink: think I do if I dont think about it too much...then I do get confused!

That all made perfect sense thanks.

I don't think I'm going to be precious about the bloodline of my 'future' lurcher though. A dog like Bella would be everything I'd be looking for. I am looking for a pet foremost.

I guess if the dog were a rescue dog you'd have no say in its bloodline anyway. But Bella wouldn't be thinking of becoming a mum in near future would she? (w00t)

I went to see some lurcher pups in Fife today, small ones, by one of my whippet dogs, mother is the most lovely person, a grey hairy lurcher like a small deerhound, they all seemed to have the sweetest of temperaments, and mother and older sister are great hunters. If you are interested please phone me on 01368 864407 and I will give you more info. I think there are 3 pups still available to really good homes as house pets. They are 8 weeks old now.

:lol: No Lind@ Bella is still a baby herself at 11 months old (w00t) as far as I'm aware the plan of my friend is to perhaps breed her partner in crime a saluki x of 5 first with probably a bedlingtonxgreyhound if he can be doing with all the puppy business again, and when the time comes my friend would be thinking of breeding away from the pure deerhound strain in Bella looking for a smaller hunting dog as sire to produce a more useful all rounder for his purposes - he only bought Bella as in all his years of working lurchers he had always fancied a deerhound or as near as. :thumbsup: but she is a sweetie must be said.

Maybe can get you a kitten soon Lind@ as I think Bella's male owner is about to have some...when I mentioned breeding her soon :lol:

Still on the case for you re: lurcher with texture :thumbsup:

You've met Jock already then Lind@ :p Yes, not only a strange x but I would love to have ringside seating for to witness that delivery :blink:

Not heard from you for a while, I was just wondering whether you have had any luck?

Still looking. Thanks for asking.

I check in every night to see what has transpired online, even though I don't post. (Its freaky - I can't stay away from this site)

I've been offered a deerhound pup, but cost of a pedigree dog aside, I'm not sure if its a puppy I want. Though I do know its a deerhound cross that's top of my list.

Anyhow, I believe in fate and I'm not ready to make a wrong decision. "whit's fir ye, 'll no go by ye" as they say (somewhere!)

Hi,

Try posting entry in Homes offered on www.lurcher.org with a few details about yourself and that you would like a lurcher with texture. They are all over the country but help with transporting can be organised by volunteers.

Best of luck.

Louise

What a nice kind looking hound Gandalf is, poor chap.

Hope you like him Lind@ & he finds a loving permanent home soon! :)

i dont know if he is still looking for a home but have a look at

Winston

winston.jpg

21/2 year old neutered male curly haired lurcher. He came to us as a stray and has been looking for a home since Feb 2004. Winston is very loving and a real softie. Although he came to us as a stray along with his brother he does need to be introduced to other dogs by an experienced person. He does need his confidence building when walking on a lead so an experienced owner would be needed. We would consider homing Winston in a family with older children.

Animal Care

Blea Tarn Road, Scotforth, Lancaster LA2 0RD

Tel: 01524 65495 Fax: 01524 841819 Email: vanessa@animalcare-lancaster.co.uk

It appears that Chip has serious problems with other animals and isn't allowed near them and must be muzzled if outside :(

One would think something could be done to help him with all the dog whisperers & behavourists around? He is beautiful tho poor chap or Chip. I wonder what has happened to him?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back