The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lure Coursing/gathering

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Nice 1 Towzer , that`s what it`s all about mate, couldn`t see my missus climbing the fells or carrying the rabbit bag :D (w00t)

rabbit runner said:
surely in this day and age we must all stand together,all the money that was taken was given to a good cause TO PAY LEGAL COSTS FOR PEOPLE THAT WERE DOING SOMETHING WITHIN THE LAW.so if this means paying what everyone else pays then so be it,other clubs charge the same as this new club so whats the problem,other clubs charge less for other breeds also,instead of being negative[or quering things]maybe we should be positive about some people trying to do something for the benefit of the whippet.as i said earlier regarding the proceeds the countryside alliance is the only organisation that is standing up for coursing and field sports,you might not agree with them but do we just stop doing what we all love and have a real passion for because this government says it is wrong.
hi there

f**K me its only a fivers difference and a bit of fun at the end of the day .

lets stop digging at the people who are trying to set up and organise things and help them along a bit.

mat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

[SIZE=21pt]UPDATE[/SIZE]

WHIPPETS £10 Entry

1 Stavass Moonlighting Entered

2 Pennymeadow Poppy Entered

3 Greatcoates Pistol Pete Entered

4 Pennymeadow Blackjack Of Rabbitrunner Entered

5 Lady Beatrice Entered

6 Devon Daisy Entered

7 High Jinx Entered

9 Precious Ruby Murry Entered

10 Ebony Black Of rabbitrunner Entered

11 Elgedane Blue Empire Entered

12 Elgedane Silverslip Entered

13 Elgedane Dark Charm Entered

14 Eugenie Princess Entered

15 Winterfell Tinkerbell Entered

16 Winterfell Sprite Entered

17 Winterfell Lady Gray Entered

18 Williamswick Cavalier Entered

19 kenny's blue lady

20 Mark's pied lady

21Tanya 1 Entered

22 Tanya 2 Entered

23 Lynperry Wonder Of Firstrike Entered

24 Parkstone Queen Of The Nile Entered

25 Sidney Entered

26 Jet Entered

LURCHERS £5 Entry

1 Storm Entered

2 Tod Entered

3 Sally Entered

4 Tyler Entered

5 Lulu Entered

6 Sas Entered

7 Ellie Entered

8 Rok Entered

[SIZE=21pt]So for anyone who wants enter PM myself or Nigel [/SIZE]

matrichardson said:
rabbit runner said:
surely in this day and age we must all stand together,all the money that was taken was given to a good cause TO PAY LEGAL COSTS FOR PEOPLE THAT WERE DOING SOMETHING WITHIN THE LAW.so if this means paying what everyone else pays then so be it,other clubs charge the same as this new club so whats the problem,other clubs charge less for other breeds also,instead of being negative[or quering things]maybe we should be positive about some people trying to do something for the benefit of the whippet.as i said earlier regarding the proceeds the countryside alliance is the only organisation that is standing up for coursing and field sports,you might not agree with them but do we just stop doing what we all love and have a real passion for because this government says it is wrong.
hi there

f**K me its only a fivers difference and a bit of fun at the end of the day .

lets stop digging at the people who are trying to set up and organise things and help them along a bit.

mat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

There's no point in me keep telling people it was just a simple question -_-

I was not haggling the price nor knocking the club (my dogs wouldn't have been at the last to meets if so :blink: ) I was simply asking why it is different, anybody could have answered :thumbsup:

If it upsets people so much it must be necessary to have it that way, I'm really not THAT bothered I was just curious :wacko:

At least it's brought in plenty of entries, especially the lurchers :- "

Good luck with the future :luck: :luck:

Not this time I'm afraid, not long back from holiday, christmas round the corner and petrol prices as they are, need a second job to pay for these dogs hobbies (w00t)

[SIZE=21pt]UPDATE[/SIZE]

WHIPPETS £10 Entry

5 Lady Beatrice Entered

6 Devon Daisy Entered

7 High Jinx Entered

19 kenny's blue lady Entered

20 Mark's pied lady Entered

21Tanya 1 Entered

22 Tanya 2 Entered

25 Sidney Entered

26 Jet Entered

27 Fancy Flower Entered

LURCHERS £5 Entry

1 Storm Entered

2 Tod Entered

3 Sally Entered

4 Tyler Entered

5 Lulu Entered

6 Sas Entered

7 Ellie Entered

8 Rok Entered

[SIZE=21pt]UPDATE[/SIZE]

WHIPPETS £10 Entry

5 Lady Beatrice Entered

6 Devon Daisy Entered

7 High Jinx Entered

21Tanya 1 Entered

22 Tanya 2 Entered

25 Sidney Entered

26 Jet Entered

27 BRUNTSFIELD SKY LINER Entered

28 BRUNTSFIELD DRAMBUIET Entered

29 ALARIA BIANCA OF BRUNTSFIELD Entered

LURCHERS £5 Entry

1 Storm Entered

2 Tod Entered

3 Sally Entered

4 Tyler Entered

5 Lulu Entered

6 Sas Entered

7 Ellie Entered

8 Rok Entered

[SIZE=21pt]UPDATE[/SIZE]

WHIPPETS £10 Entry

5 Lady Beatrice Entered

6 Devon Daisy Entered

7 High Jinx Entered

21Tanya 1 Entered

22 Tanya 2 Entered

25 Sidney Entered

26 Jet Entered

27 BRUNTSFIELD SKY LINER Entered

28 BRUNTSFIELD DRAMBUIET Entered

29 ALARIA BIANCA OF BRUNTSFIELD Entered

30 Fancy Flower Entered

31 Firstrike Triton Entered

LURCHERS £5 Entry

1 Storm Entered

2 Tod Entered

3 Sally Entered

4 Tyler Entered

5 Lulu Entered

6 Sas Entered

7 Ellie Entered

8 Rok Entered

`there will be a straight lure meeting held by the yorkshire greyhound club on the sunday 14th december 2008 on mr p easterby's gallops at great habton, £10.00 per whippet/ greyhounds £25.00. meet at 10.30 for 11.00 am start.

this is only 10mins from low marishes.again to support those accused of a crime under the worst piece of legistlation ever placed on the statute book by a biased uninformed undemocratic bunch of public servants addressing their own wants rather than listening to evidence or serving those they were elected to do so! `

Posted on behalf of Arron. This event will be ideal for those camping on Sat night and is again for a very deserving cause :cheers:

oh iam sorry but i have read all the conversations and had a good old laugh.Sorry,i didnt think people took things so serious.Well i have never been to a meeting like this or even raced a dog,yes i have been to races and fluttered.My sasha has not chased anything yet,but i would like to enter her in the lurchers.I know she wont stand a chance but you got to start some where.Do i send my fiver to anyone or do i pay it when i get there.Ok it is gonna cost me a bit to travel but i dont care.I am down with the flu but i am gonna get some more whiskey hot toddys down me,as soon as i am ok i will be out with sasha training her up.Please can you let me know where to send my fiver.Thanks.Oh and what distance she will have to do.Stop your bickering,keep up with the events,good on you it gives us new lurcher people the chance to see how its done,and see how our dogs do it also gives everyone a chance to put faces to names not that i have a great face.lol :cheers:

Could all entrants for the Dec 13th event please contact myself or Pennymeadow to arrange payment of entry fees?

The draw will take place on Mon 8th Dec , if we recieved your payment by then , your dog will not go into the draw

jane bone said:
oh iam sorry but i have read all the conversations and had a good old laugh.Sorry,i didnt think people took things so serious.Well i have never been to a meeting like this or even raced a dog,yes i have been to races and fluttered.My sasha has not chased anything yet,but i would like to enter her in the lurchers.I know she wont stand a chance but you got to start some where.Do i send my fiver to anyone or do i pay it when i get there.Ok it is gonna cost me a bit to travel but i dont care.I am down with the flu but i am gonna get some more whiskey hot toddys down me,as soon as i am ok i will be out with sasha training her up.Please can you let me know where to send my fiver.Thanks.Oh and what distance she will have to do.Stop your bickering,keep up with the events,good on you it gives us new lurcher people the chance to see how its done,and see how our dogs do it also gives everyone a chance to put faces to names not that i have a great face.lol :cheers:
ey up nigel things are looking good for the event

could you pm that link for your whippet forum please cheers bud

Pennymeadow Whippets said:
Lesley I set the prices as i organise the events the reason there is a difference is to encourage the lurcher brigade to take part in these events as you know Mark & myself stood for 3 wednesday evenings trying to get the lurchers involved & no one even turned up as they were mostly full of sh*t talked the talk but did not walk the walk, when we had a following of lurchers wanting to run at our events they would have been charged £10 the same as anyone else ITS whats called an introductary offer :thumbsup: .
The whippet people all pay £10 in the north & south but they are not charged for a card to enter the field as at other clubs as we try to keep prices down to help runners with mulitple dogs.

No snotty answer  :thumbsup:

hi there every1 i have lurchers and im interested in the event, can u tell me how many lurchers u have in already and wot time the racing will be startin please, is there a prize at the end of the day for the winner

mark

bigbell said:
Pennymeadow Whippets said:
Lesley I set the prices as i organise the events the reason there is a difference is to encourage the lurcher brigade to take part in these events as you know Mark & myself stood for 3 wednesday evenings trying to get the lurchers involved & no one even turned up as they were mostly full of sh*t talked the talk but did not walk the walk, when we had a following of lurchers wanting to run at our events they would have been charged £10 the same as anyone else ITS whats called an introductary offer :thumbsup: .
The whippet people all pay £10 in the north & south but they are not charged for a card to enter the field as at other clubs as we try to keep prices down to help runners with mulitple dogs.

No snotty answer  :thumbsup:

hi there every1 i have lurchers and im interested in the event, can u tell me how many lurchers u have in already and wot time the racing will be startin please, is there a prize at the end of the day for the winner

mark

your best bet is to pm nigelmcfc or pennymeadow whippets for information

nigelmcfc said:
I`m not spitting my dummy out, but when people criticise us then you will get a reaction as when you put a lot of hard work and effort into organising an event it annoys me that people have to post questions regarding entry fees on an open forum instead of asking via PM .
Yes, I would prefer to be out working my dogs , but as we have been asked to put on events like this I have agreed to run them.

I must ask one question though, what would you like to see , the lurcher owners paying £10?

The obvious answer is YES :lol:

If I come and run my Bedlington Terriers - because the entry is low and you are aiming to encourage Terrier owners to run - will the entry fee be £1.00?

nigelmcfc said:
There will be trade stands and hot food available also as it will be nearly Xmas we have some surprises planned :D   :D   :cheers:

mark

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back