The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lurecoursing Meet Taunton 18th October

larruu

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
The South West Lurecoursing Club are holding a meeting on the 18th October at Taunton Vale Polo grounds

Orchard Pitman nr Taunton.

All profits from the meeting will be going towards the cost of the new storage container aquired by the West Somerset PWRC after a spate of break-ins to the static caravan and horse box had necessitated more secure storage to safe guard

their equipment.

ENTRIES ARE INVITED FOR THE FOLLOWING PEDIGREE WHIPPET STAKES

1. A EIGHT DOG NOVICE STAKE restricted to dogs & bitches that have not lurecoursed before.

2. A SIXTEEN DOG STAKE OPEN TO ALL AGED DOGS & BITCHES

3. A EIGHT DOG VETERAN STAKE restricted to dogs & bitches over the age of six on the day of the event

4. A EIGHT DOG LURCHER STAKE open to all non pedigree running dogs & bitches

ALL STAKES WILL CONSIST OF A MAIN STAKE AND A PURSE STAKE , the purse to be contested by dogs beaten in the

first round of the respective main stake.

Cost of entry £10 for the first entry and £5 for subsequent entries in the same ownership.

A programme will be on sale on the day at the cost of £1.

There will also be a raffle ( any prize donations gratefully accepted ) and refreshments on sale

Pease send your entries to Laurie Winter 117 Netherstreet Bromham CHIPPENHAM Wilts SN15 2DS

with the following information.

Pedigree name of entry, stake entered & name, address & telephone/email address of owner with the appropriate fee.

The meeting will be scheduled to start @ 0930 . All dogs will be slipped in pairs by our slipper on the day

Mr Mel Nicholls.

Muzzles wil be optional.

Any questions please feel free to contact Larru or Rae on K9 board.

That's great!!!

I'll be forwarding entries for you tomorrow

2 in the novice stake for sure (although I do have another 3 that I would like to try out too :- )

1 in the any age stake

1 in the lurcher stake

Cheers :cheers:

Can you put mine in please

Ruso - Buebezi French Connexion to Alacrity

Badger - Mallyfield Wild Knight with Alacrity

Entries going off now

TCx

Drat, it's the same day as the Midland Whippet Club ch show, would love to have gone lure coursing. :(

Drat, it's the same day as the Midland Whippet Club ch show, would love to have gone lure coursing. :(

damn it i would love to come to this one :( ...but i;ll be flying overhead going on my hols so i;ll give you a wave :p

good luck everyone, im sure you'l have a fab time

lets us know if any more dates :thumbsup:

I've sent my entries, Laurie, but in case the post office let me down, here they are .............

Novice

1. Wixenford Winters Wish

2. My Little Rio

Any age

1. Caborzier Ironic

Lurcher

1. Poacher

Cheers :D

hi

been looking forward to this :)

can i enter Winterfell Tinker Belle and Winterfell Lady Grey please in the 16 dog or bitch stake please

if at all possible i'll enter another two in the same stake, Winterfell Princess and Winterfell Sprite

I'll get the entries sent off in the post too :D

I'd like to enter Finn and Tyg in the main 16 dog stake please (Mallyfield Silver Knight and Blackvelvet Knight) ... off to the postbox now !

Last edited by a moderator:
can u please clarify what you mean by muzzles optional???

I was going to ask about that too, Sue :)

Mine will be muzzled because it's better safe than sorry - I'd like to think those that they run against will be muzzled too :thumbsup:

Mine will be muzzled because it's better safe than sorry - I'd like to think those that they run against will be muzzled too :thumbsup:
if you own a dog that doesnt turn why muzzle?? obviously if you know your dog is suspect then it is only right its muzzled

Hi

Posted off entries tonight for Shandril Moonchild at Harerunner, Harerunner Hillsprinter in main stake and Shybont Silver Spring in Six & over stake

Alec & Sharon

if you own a dog that doesnt turn why muzzle?? obviously if you know your dog is suspect then it is only right its muzzled

I know what you mean, but even though none of mine bother about each other, I've seen damage done by dogs whose owners swear that they will be ok ..... and they're not :(

With my two novice dogs, I'm not sure what they will do when running with a strange dog - hopefully they will focus entirely on the lure - but I'd hate to think they might just touch and rip by mistake :unsure: ...... and then there is always the trigger point when they reach the lure (w00t)

All the more reason to use a muzzle. Pye runs straight and does not turn, but as you said Jane, it's the bundle at the end where things can get a bit fraught! :lol:

If a owner is uncertain of their dogs reaction at the end of the course then for their own peace of mind and possible protection of the other dog they should muzzle . I have been to many lurecoursing meetings and it is the exception rather than the norm for the dogs to be muzzled and i can honestly say that although there may be a bit of growling etc i have never seen any damage done by biting . You know your own dogs and should act accordingly.

Finn's run off with the lure a few times :b ... suppose a muzzle would stop that :)

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE ON ENTRIES

AS OF NOW 2130 24/9 THE NOVICE STAKE IS FULL

THERE ARE THREE SPACES IN THE MAIN STAKE , FOUR SPACES IN THE VET STAKE AND THREE SPACES IN THE LURCHER STAKE . ANYONE WISHING TO PUT THEIRSELVES DOWN AS A RESERVE FOR THE NOVICE STAKE PLEASE CONTACT ME.

MANY THANKS LAURIE

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back