The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lurecoursing Meet Taunton 18th October

Very difficult accepting a trophy when the dog you were running against pulls up lame 3/4 of the way through the course, but I'd like to say two things...one, my sincere condolences to Rae on Supe's injury. Having spoken to her on the phone tonight I'm relieved to hear that Sandra (both of our's vets) is confident she can get him sorted, but the lad will have a long road ahead of him bless him :luck: and two, my thanks to Laurie for being so gracious at the presentation when he told me not to take anything away from Badger as he was winning before it happened.
As I said on the phone TC, well done to Badger. :D However, I dont think anyone actually knows when it happened, only when he finally pulled up on 3 legs.

Very difficult accepting a trophy when the dog you were running against pulls up lame 3/4 of the way through the course, but I'd like to say two things...one, my sincere condolences to Rae on Supe's injury. Having spoken to her on the phone tonight I'm relieved to hear that Sandra (both of our's vets) is confident she can get him sorted, but the lad will have a long road ahead of him bless him :luck: and two, my thanks to Laurie for being so gracious at the presentation when he told me not to take anything away from Badger as he was winning before it happened.
As I said on the phone TC, well done to Badger. :D However, I dont think anyone actually knows when it happened, only when he finally pulled up on 3 legs.
Sorry Rae, that's what I think Larry meant, when he pulled up.

I'm still feeling horrid about the whole thing, such a sad thing seeing injuries like that happening. I just hope Supe is feeling, and doing okay today :luck: Take care of yourself and him :huggles:

TCx

Last edited by a moderator:
well done to everyone sounds like you all had a great day ,i'm def going to try and make the next one

Does anyone know who the lady taking the photographs at the meeting was? I know she took alot of pictures of Rosie in her teddy bear jumper amongst other shots and it would be lovely to see them :)

She had a lurcher of her own with her, a black grey/whippet/collie cross :thumbsup:

Does anyone know who the lady taking the photographs at the meeting was? I know she took alot of pictures of Rosie in her teddy bear jumper amongst other shots and it would be lovely to see them :)
She had a lurcher of her own with her, a black grey/whippet/collie cross :thumbsup:
Hi Jane,

Yes ,she is called Jenny i have her number some where.

She was telling me that she hopes to write a book very soon,lovely lady.

Patxx

If you find it, I'd love to be able to give her, a call as I'm sure she got a couple of my lads when they were running too.

Thanks in advance

TCx

Hi Jane,

Yes ,she is called Jenny i have her number some where.

She was telling me that she hopes to write a book very soon,lovely lady.

Patxx

If you find it, I'd love to be able to give her, a call as I'm sure she got a couple of my lads when they were running too.
Thanks in advance

TCx
Just PM'd you both.

Thanks ever so much, I've got the pm :thumbsup:

TCx

So glad that Supes on the mend after such a horrific injury. I think most people didn't know how bad it was as he never made a fuss being the kind of dog he is :wub: and well done to Sandra in saving his leg :thumbsup: as that seemed the way it may well have gone if the complex proceedure had gone even slightly wrong!!! What a dog, the best from his litter by far and really should be used. Well done to all, it was a great and fun day, looking forward to the next one :thumbsup:

So glad that Supes on the mend after such a horrific injury. I think most people didn't know how bad it was as he never made a fuss being the kind of dog he is :wub: and well done to Sandra in saving his leg :thumbsup: as that seemed the way it may well have gone if the complex proceedure had gone even slightly wrong!!! What a dog, the best from his litter by far and really should be used. Well done to all, it was a great and fun day, looking forward to the next one :thumbsup:
Sending Supe get well soon wishes.

Fern and Homer send licks to Supe. :wub: :wub:

Yes I'm looking forward to the next one :thumbsup: It was a great day.

From Pat and all the lurchers and 2 little whippetsxx

Thanks Pat - Supe sends kisses to Fern and boyish sniffs to Homer.

The cast is off, he needs to start physio but there has been a bit of a complication so a bit of delay. However, we are going back to Pembrookshire in March and we hope he will be able to have a run on the beach by then.

Sandra has done an amazing job. Having read up on this type of injury, it seems as though the ligaments go first, and then the hock if they run on it. I suppose with the addrenaline etc he's not felt it at the time.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back