The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lurecoursing Meet Taunton 18th October

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Unfortunately due to Andy Smith being taken ill at work today with a case of suspected swine flu there are now three vacancies in the main stake and one in the novice stake. should anyone at this late stage wish to enter their dog please contact me via this board.

Disappointing as it is for us, it must be more so for Lesley and Andy, hope you make a speedy recovery mate.

Fancy surviving Digger and getting done by a pig :eek:

Hi
can you enter Draperslock Whizzalong for us

Alec & Sharon
Thats fine, shes now entered, thats the main stake back up to full strength.

cheers Laurie

please can i enter one novice dog sweetheart juliet and one in the main stake willow wood dark whisper hope this helps

do you have a post code for venue will help me find you as from the new forest area also will it be easier for me to pay you on day as time running short for me to get money to you or would you like me to post cheque now with my details

thankyou

jane

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately due to Andy Smith being taken ill at work today with a case of suspected swine flu there are now three vacancies in the main stake and one in the novice stake. should anyone at this late stage wish to enter their dog please contact me via this board. Disappointing as it is for us, it must be more so for Lesley and Andy, hope you make a speedy recovery mate.

Fancy surviving Digger and getting done by a pig :eek:

We are absolutley gutted Andy's really poorly he has got swine flu has been in bed since yesterday :( Hope you all have a great time though and the day goes well :thumbsup:

I think that could be misconstued larry lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just noticed that in the original post the venue is listed as Orchard Pitman ... shouldn't that be Orchard Portman ?? Was getting confused for a minute there ... I grew up in the Taunton area and didn't think the address given sounded right.

please can i enter my dogs 1 novice sweetheart juliet one main stake willow wood dark whisper do you want me to pay on day as getting late hope this helps bring your cards back to strength jane severn

Just noticed that in the original post the venue is listed as Orchard Pitman ... shouldn't that be Orchard Portman ?? Was getting confused for a minute there ... I grew up in the Taunton area and didn't think the address given sounded right.
You are quite correct , my apologies it should have read Orchard Portman.

cheers Laurie.

Blimey Lesley, really sorry to hear that and hope Andy is okay soon.

TCx

Hi
can you enter Draperslock Whizzalong for us

Alec & Sharon
Thats fine, shes now entered, thats the main stake back up to full strength.

cheers Laurie

please can i enter one novice dog sweetheart juliet and one in the main stake willow wood dark whisper hope this helps

do you have a post code for venue will help me find you as from the new forest area also will it be easier for me to pay you on day as time running short for me to get money to you or would you like me to post cheque now with my details

thankyou

jane
Hi Jane,

thanks for the entries the address is Taunton Vale Polo Club Thurlbear Rd TAUNTON TA3 5DQ

I will be posting up a revised list of runners later on this evening.

Regards Laurie

Just to bring everything upto speed re Sunday, here is the latest list of entries in their drawn order

NOVICE WHIPPET STAKE

STARSTRIKE SIMPLY RED Vs SARAQUELLE SEE YOU LATER

STARSTRIKE HELLRAISER Vs bye

bye Vs LADY NICOLA

CHASING CURLEW Vs STARSTRIKE CALL THE SHOTS

WIXENFORD WINTERS WISH Vs KARYON MIDNIGHT SHADOW

KELLYVALE SUNFLOWER Vs bye

bye Vs DENIMONDE MOONLIGHT SHADOW

MY LITTLE RIO Vs SWEETHEART JULIET

VETERAN WHIPPET STAKE

HILLSDOWN DAYDREAMER Vs LAMPLIGHT NIJINSKY

SHYBONT SILVERSPRING Vs WHEATROYD ONCE UPON A WISH

LURCHER STAKE

CHASE Vs TEAZLE

POACHER Vs MIDLAND JAKE

SHAKIRA Vs MAC

MIDNIGHT FLIGHT Vs ZIBA

MAIN WHIPPET STAKE

WINTERFELL SPRITE Vs BUEBEZI FRENCH CONNECTION

CARBORZIER IRONIC Vs STARSTRIKE BIG BRUVVA

WINTERFELL LADY GREY Vs SHANDRIL MOONCHILD

WINTERFELL TINKERBELLE Vs Vacancy

MALLYFIELD WILD KNIGHT Vs WILLOW WOOD DARK WHISPER

BLACKVELVET KNIGHT Vs DRAPERSLOCK WHIZZALONG

MALLYFIELD SILVER KNIGHT Vs WINTERFELL PRINCESS

HARERUNNER HILLSPRINTER Vs Vacancy

TOP DOG IN RED COLLAR , BYE DOG BLUE COLLAR

As can be seen there are still two vacancies in the main whippet stake anyone wishing to enter please contact Rae at Hollybush Caravan park or try ringing me on 07813 197064 as i will not be on K9 tomorrow . (Work in morning then straight down to Taunton to help plan & set out the course)

Message from Margret who will be running the West Somerset WRC meeting on another part of the grounds is that regretfully no food will be provided.

PROGRAMMES GIVING THE RUNNING ORDER AND FULL DETAILS OF DRAW WILL BE ON SALE @ £2

MEET for 9AM . First dogs in slips 9.30AM ( 1st round novice whippet stake)

Its going to be my first ever lurecoursing and im looking forward to watching.

Good luck to cara with fynn and teazle

Cant wait till tomorrowxx

:D :D :D :D

Its going to be my first ever lurecoursing and im looking forward to watching.

Good luck to cara with fynn and teazle

Cant wait till tomorrowxx

:D :D :D :D

oh i cant wait either! lol

First ever meeting eh? :) you will be hooked, we are a fab bunch of people. Would be lovely to meet you and have a chat, please do come over and have a chat :) We will be the ones with the big white LDV van.

:D

First ever meeting eh? :) you will be hooked, we are a fab bunch of people. Would be lovely to meet you and have a chat, please do come over and have a chat :) We will be the ones with the big white LDV van.

Thank you that would be very nice im still new to whippets and im looking forward to knowing more.

I will take you up on that offer thank you.

See you tomorrowxxx

We'll be there too, Clair!

Not sure what vehicle yet, but I'm the one with the mad black lurcher who does cartwheels and back flips on the end of her lead ......... and my 3 overweight whippets (w00t)

Thank you that would be very nice im still new to whippets and im looking forward to knowing more.

I will take you up on that offer thank you.

See you tomorrowxxx

please do Clair :) Oh and one of my dogs is a barking fawn and white bitch that will be making a lot of noise ! lol

We'll be there too, Clair!Not sure what vehicle yet, but I'm the one with the mad black lurcher who does cartwheels and back flips on the end of her lead ......... and my 3 overweight whippets (w00t)

They had better not be !!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Izzy was fit when she left !!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

We'll be there too, Clair!Not sure what vehicle yet, but I'm the one with the mad black lurcher who does cartwheels and back flips on the end of her lead ......... and my 3 overweight whippets (w00t)

Don't panic Shona :lol: :lol:

Tizz Izz is the right shape ..... it's Sox, Ella and Jinny who like the good life too much :sweating:

Don't panic Shona :lol: :lol:

Tizz Izz is the right shape ..... it's Sox, Ella and Jinny who like the good life too much :sweating:

LOL!! :D

Thank you for making me feel welcome.

I will be honest i really dont know the first thing about lurecoursing so forgive me if i ask stupid questions

xxx

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back