The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lurecoursing Meet Taunton 18th October

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Well you'll recognise me as it was only a couple of days you saw me (w00t) If you can't remember......just look down at the bottom of this post 8)

See you in the morning, and don't worry about the questions...we'll all sort you out :thumbsup:

TCx

Well you'll recognise me as it was only a couple of days you saw me (w00t) If you can't remember......just look down at the bottom of this post 8)
See you in the morning, and don't worry about the questions...we'll all sort you out :thumbsup:

TCx

Thanks TC

I remember u cara doesnt stop talking about you

see u in the morningxx

:lol: :lol:

TCx
who could forget TC :- im safe she wont see this now :sweating: (no doubt you will get me back :eek: )

have a great day everyone :)

good luck everyone, hope you have a fab time, wish me and Molly were there but stupid me didnt get her name down quick enough DOH!!! next time!! :clown: :clown:

Today was my first ever lurecoursing and i had a great time :D

Everyone who took part it was lovely to meet u all. :)

Got to say though caras whippet fynn and lurcher teazle was great to watch

Well done cara xxxx :) :)

Congratulations Tc on Badgers Win today. :D :D :D

Sorry we had to go before final and miss your run.

Sharon & Alec

Well done Laurie we ad a lovely day.

:D

Any chance of all the results and pics would be good too PLEASE

Main Final - MALLYFIELD WILD KNIGHT bt STARSTRIKE BIG BRUVVA

Main Purse Final - CARBORZIER IRONIC bt Winterfell Princess

Novice. overall winner Starstrike Hellraiser

Wishing all the healing wishes to Supe..... XXXXX

Well done all, lovelyday with lovely people :) xx

Thanks Laurie and all at West Somerset WRC

Thanks for the quick reply Maggiemay are you back home already? Must of been a long day for you?

lol no i aint back yet, just more or less settled having sorted the dogs. Im staying at Raes til tomorrow :)

the long drive happens tomorrow :(

lol no i aint back yet, just more or less settled having sorted the dogs. Im staying at Raes til tomorrow :)
the long drive happens tomorrow :(

It was really nice to meet u hopefully see u at the next one whenever that isx

:) :)

Had a great day!!!

All my gang ran brilliantly, especially Sox (Wixenford Winters Wish) who ran twice in the main novice stake but lost out on the judge's decision in the second round to Andy and Pat Quant's Homer (Denimonde Moonlight Shadow). She really did course well and she will be doing alot more of this in the future :)

My Little Rosie Ree won the Novice Stake Purse (w00t) and Poacher lost out in the lurcher final to Stuie (sp?)

Irie came out the winner of the Main Stake Purse :thumbsup:

So proud of them all :wub: :wub:

Congratulations to all the runners and winners - a special well done to Badger and TC :) Condolencies to Rae and Supe (Big Bruvva) - I do hope he heals quickly for you, Rae xx

A BIG thank you to all the organisers and to Mr Mel Nicholls for doing such a grand job of slipping them all day long!! All the stewards, judge and referee - what difficult jobs to do!!!!!!!

Also I must thank Annie and Ted, without whom I would not have been able to cope with getting all my gang in and out of the car, holding them and carrying their prizes back to the car at the end of the day .......... THANK YOU, YOU ARE AMAZING PEOPLE !!!!! :D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a great day!!!All my gang ran brilliantly, especially Sox (Wixenford Winters Wish) who ran twice in the main novice stake but lost out on the judge's decision in the second round to Andy and Pat Quant's Homer (Denimonde Moonlight Shadow). She really did course well and she will be doing alot more of this in the future :)

My Little Rosie Ree won the Novice Stake Purse (w00t) and Poacher lost out in the lurcher final to Stuie (sp?)

Congratulations to all the runners and winners - a special well done to Badger and TC :) Condolencies to Rae and Supe (Big Bruvva) - I do hope he heals quickly for you, Rae xx

A BIG thank you to all the organisers and to Mr Mel Nicholls for doing such a grand job of slipping them all day long!! All the stewards, judge and referee - what difficult jobs to do!!!!!!!

Also I must thank Annie and Ted, without whom I would not have been able to cope with getting all my gang in and out of the car, holding them and carrying their prizes back to the car at the end of the day .......... THANK YOU, YOU ARE AMAZING PEOPLE !!!!! :D :D :D
well done to your gang big sis ,glad my message got passed on :-

Thanks for the congrats people. I was very pleased with how Badger ran today, and Ruso, who was knocked out by Rae's Supe who then went into the final.

Very difficult accepting a trophy when the dog you were running against pulls up lame 3/4 of the way through the course, but I'd like to say two things...one, my sincere condolences to Rae on Supe's injury. Having spoken to her on the phone tonight I'm relieved to hear that Sandra (both of our's vets) is confident she can get him sorted, but the lad will have a long road ahead of him bless him :luck: and two, my thanks to Laurie for being so gracious at the presentation when he told me not to take anything away from Badger as he was winning before it happened.

It was (up until the point that Supe got injured) a good day, lovely to catch up with people, and I thoroughly enjoyed judging the lurchers, even though a couple of them gave me some really hard decisions!

Well done to everyone who organised on what was, at times, a bit trying :wacko: but nonetheless a good day which I think everyone enjoyed.

Congrats to all the winners, we had some good courses.

TCx

Had a great day!!!All my gang ran brilliantly, especially Sox (Wixenford Winters Wish) who ran twice in the main novice stake but lost out on the judge's decision in the second round to Andy and Pat Quant's Homer (Denimonde Moonlight Shadow). She really did course well and she will be doing alot more of this in the future :)

well done to your gang big sis ,glad my message got passed on :-

Yes, I got it :blink:

TCx

Sounds like a great day was had by all :)

Well done to all winners and all other runners :cheers:

Hope your dog is soon on the mend Rae :huggles:

Great day out ,really enjoyed the day.

My little Homer ran so well, bless him.A star in the making.(COMING 2ND IN THE NOVICE STAKE) :thumbsup:

Nice to see you all.

A GREAT BIG WELL DONE TO BADGER,STEWIE AND POACHER.

Hope Supe is soon well.

Thanks to all the organisers.

Well it's taken hourssss to get home ... but what a great day :D

Lovely to meet up with some old friends and new and enjoy some really good coursing :)

Tyg hasn't quite got the hang of things yet ... you're supposed to chase the lure all the way Tyggy :b

But Finn was a star :wub: losing by a whisker to litter brother Badger in the semis of the main stake ... so a big well done to the Mallyfields as Badger went on to win the final :thumbsup:

Poor Finn did get a leg horribly tangled in the lure during his second run - it was a struggle to release him - but thankfully although he was freaking out at the time he was uninjured and seemingly unaffected by the experience as he immediately ran again to win :D

Huge congratulations to all the trophy winners and many thanks to the slipper, judges and all involved in organising the event.

Rae ... I sincerely hope Supe is soon on the mend :luck:

Jane ... no need to thank us, it was a pleasure :huggles:

Ted did take some pictures but without benefit of his best lens ... if I can stay awake long enough now I'll see if I can get some of them posted this evening :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back