The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lynperry Whippet

here is larry (lynperry dog) taken last week

regards

Gary

lazza_sitting.JPG

hi gary, he looks well mate. have you any more pics?

will take some at Greenwich park today

the sun is out !

regards

Gary

Another one of Totty's offspring, out of Keith Day's 'Bramble'. She's very fast and extremely intelligent. Couldn't ask for a better dog. :))

Olivia

Sorry about th repeats- haven't quite got the hang of posting yet-

Olivia

That totty has been a busy boy , He has turned out some good whippets and lurchers , Keep the pictures comming :cheers: Paul, p.s Where has Sparky Gone, Mark

Not heard anything from him Paul?

do you think he's gone poaching and got lost :- "

hi all, two pics of archie having a bit of a look.

sparky said:
hi corky, he's doing well. just starting to show him a few bunnies, and hes looking quite keen for them. gunna try and pick a good moment for him. he is also well keen for feather and is attemting partridge and pheasant.

Hi sparky.....I know some people are keen on taking feather, and you have had other dogs, so you know what you are doing (each to their own, etc.)...BUT iI would advice against encouraging him to take birds, especially at an early age....Get him fiixed on the bunnies and hares....Nobody needs to hunt for food (that's what Tescos is for) and so it's sport I'd be looking for with the pup....Taking ducks is an embarrasment at the best of times, but if there is a field full of feeding bunnies with a pair of ducks sat in a puddle in the middle, the last thing you want is the pup picking up the "sitting ducks" instead of giving a good run after a rabbit...Mine don't take pheasant and partridge for several reasons...number one the keepers don't like it, it's not a good way to get myself any permission, and number two , a dog that starts hunting pheasants instead of consentrating on the ferreting is a nuisance......

In my experience, dogs favour fur, given half a chance and a bit of encouragement, and you'll have a lot more sport and less problems that way.

Only trying to help....there are a lot of romantic notions about which can be a pain in the butt in reality..

hi john, point tacken. round where i live we hardly have any pheasants at all so i cant see it being a problem,also he is much keener for the bunnies and i see feathered game as a bit of bonus. took him out today and walked a couple of hares up but kept him on the lead, thought i would let him have a look at things to come. regards tony

Hi paul Tod is still very much enjoying life up in Scotland, working well to rabbit, rat and of course accidental hares! :- "

Unfortunately despite being a great jumper last week he got one jump wrong and ended up caught on the top strand of some sheep fence!

He's healing well as they do and will be back out again soon!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back