The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lynperry Whippet

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi Andy,

long time no speak, take it you, family, and dogs are well? I hate rats, is there a knack to ratting? :b What training do you give your dogs? Or is it just a case of locking yourself and your dogs in a barn with a lamp?

Cheers,

Scott.

Scott Frodsham said:
Hi Andy,         long time no speak, take it you, family, and dogs are well? I hate rats, is there a knack to ratting?  :b   What training do you give your dogs? Or is it just a case of locking yourself and your dogs in a barn with a lamp?

Cheers,

Scott.

Hi Scott yes family all well thanks and yours?

I hate rats too, just love the dogs killing em! No training required Mine just started working em themselves in a field of maize that was overun a few years back, they seem to love killing them more than rabbits.

Yis Andy.

Paul Cork said:
Andy how is the leg , and did you get it stitched,  Paul
Hi Paul yes it was stitched about twenty in total i think! took a bit longer to heal than I would have liked but it was cos Murphy was licking it till I seperated them!

He is back out running and nearly caught an ornimental duck at the park this morning! Murphy is really struggling with his mobility now and I don't think it will be too long before I have to do the honourable thing for the old warrior!

It is such a shame cos he is mentally fine and the rest of his body is good, it's just becoming too much for him to move around on three legs.

I really wish I'd had a litter from him, one of my biggest regrets!

All the best Andy.

Hope all you good coursing people are ok ,not much happning at the moment , are all the dogs ok ,Mark and Scott, Have you heard from Sparky , and how his pups are coming on , Hope to hear from you all soon ,Corky :cheers:

Hi Paul, good to hear from you mate.

Dogs are doing fine thanks, not heard anything from Sparky recently?.

Am trying lure coursing for the first time on the 18 July, but dont think it will be up to the real thing , have got any tips Mark , Speak to you soon Mark ,All the best Corky

Well i'm humbled that the great Mr Cork is asking me a lowley Northerner for advice :p

only joking mate,

I think EALCC are planning on useing a rabbit/deer skin as a lure so your dogs will chase without any problem (famous last words) from what i've seen of your dogs running they are keen as hell so I cant see you having any problem about them chasing.

just turn up and have a good laugh thats what lure coursing is about mate.

post the results. :thumbsup:

hi corky, aint seen much of lampy on here for a bit.

he's doing well corky, 9 months old now and he's solid. 21 and a bit high and 30 pounds. also without any serious training he does what you tell him and comes back when called, he's a top dog.

Sparky he's just the double of Tod! glad your having fun with him, if he turns out like Tod you will have a winner.

Am very pleased with Tod and can't wait for the winter to come so I can work him proprely in his first full proper season.

hi murphy, looking forward to this winter too. cant wait to see him on a hare.

hi corky, ive had my hands full the last couple of weeks. cleo is in season and its been a devil of a job to keep them apart. they have done my head in, dont think i will have any trouble if i want to breed them though. regards

hi gt 1970, have you got any more pics of your white dog, i also know some other members have lynpery dogs but havent posted any pics yet. regards

sparky said:
hi gt 1970, have you got any more pics of your white dog, i also know some other members have lynpery dogs but havent posted any pics yet. regards

Here is a pic of Tod's brother Larry, strikingly simmilar apart from the obvious colour!

Can't wait for this summer to end!

hi corky, where you been. you been to the costas again

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back