The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Misty’s Dog Diary

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th April
I’ve had a busy weekend and it’s been great, but I’m very tired now.
On Saturday we went to see Great Granny, I haven’t seen her since January and I’d really missed her. She is in a new home with lots of other old people and there was lots of new sights and smells for me to explore. Apparently only well behaved dogs are allowed in, so Mum and Dad were trying to sneak me into Granny’s room before anyone noticed. As soon as I got there I had the cake right out of Granny’s hand before she even noticed! She kept stroking me and saying I was lovely so I don’t think she minded.
Today we went to Grandma and Grandpa’s for dinner, although I had to sit and watch. I don’t know why old people live in such hot houses, I had to cool off on their kitchen floor!
52DF802E-ACEC-4B88-A823-7B0C435843BE.jpeg

Monday 23rd April
Uh oh, if I had a dog house I’d be in it this evening :eek: Mum and Dad were getting their dinner ready, but they made the mistake of leaving it unattended while they finished watching a programme. I knew it was wrong and I’ve never done it before, but I just couldn’t resist, the smell was so tempting and it was in reach......before I knew what I was doing I was eating ALL of the left over expensive Taste the Difference roast beef! There was enough for two adults and it was so yummy I licked the plate clean. I gave myself away by finding Mum and Dad and licking my chops in front of them; then gave them the ‘I haven’t done anything’ look :oops: Mummy thought it was funny, Daddy didn’t see the funny side though as they didn’t have anything else. Well, they could of had my dog food because I certainly didn’t want it......I was stuffed!!
6034BF9F-0C88-4517-8570-93BD2B62188E.jpeg

Oh Misty!! :eek: You naughty girl!

Bet it was delicious :p

:DI’ve had a very busy weekend and it’s been great fun :)
Mum smuggled me in to see Great Granny and I was very good. Granny kept telling me I was lovely and she gave me a biscuit.
I’ve also been to see Grandma and Grandpa. I ran round and round their garden until I wore myself out, then Grandma gave me a biscuit (seems to be a pattern forming!)
Nana and Grandad came to lunch and they played with me in my garden. Mum had got my paddling pool out, so I made sure my toys were soaking wet before dropping them in anyone’s lap. Nana bought me a new toy because she likes to spoil me, I waited until they had gone before I ripped all it’s innards out :eek:
I only have a little bit of water in the paddling pool otherwise I won’t go in it :D
06229DA6-561F-4F85-B6C0-2FACCCD45442.jpeg

Mummy gave me a bone today. When she wasn’t looking I dug up the potatoes and used the pot to bury my bone in instead, this seemed a much better use of the soil to me :p
On my walk tonight I found yet another stick to carry home and dump with the rest of them in the pile in the garden. I don’t really know why I bring them home because I don’t play with them once we are back :confused:

Mummy and Daddy both had the day off work today, so they took me out to a village not far from us that has a river running through it and a dog friendly cafe. We walked along the river for a while, and I got very excited with all the new smells and strange quacking sounds. Before I knew it I was too close to the edge at a very steep bit and with a big splash I fell in! The water was deep and I’d gone right under, I normally only paddle. Luckily Mum and Dad were right there to get me out, but they were struggling too on the edge so Dad had to lay down to get me. As soon as I was out I shook the dirty smelly water all over both of them, then trotted off on my way. Apparently I smell like a swamp, think the dreaded bath will happen at the weekend. I was very tired when we got home and fell straight to sleep without even making it to my bed. Have I learnt my lesson?.......probably not! :p:p
FB232D85-5817-4D8B-B33C-F46EFAF6BEFF.jpeg

Misty always full of mischief!

It’s been ages since Mum has written anything in my diary, I would do it myself but I struggle with typing :(
Yesterday I found a new stick that I carried all the way home even though it was quite big. I then dumped it in the garden with the rest of my stick collection, probably never to be touched again! :D
F2C2CFBC-C184-465E-A55F-828FF0D64F54.jpeg
33F2EBD4-AD4F-417E-B8A9-D7281929E2F2.jpeg

Great to hear from you Misty! :) I know what you mean about the typing, too ;)

Aw we’ve missed you Misty! Glad you’ve been having fun though :)

I had to go to the vets today and have my glands emptied :( It was very embarrassing, but I feel much better now. I’d been scooting about a lot and I had a really stinky fishy bum :oops::eek:.
When we were out walking earlier I very nearly broke Mum’s arm when I saw a cat and charged off after it causing Mum quite a bit of pain. I didn’t catch it and Mum shouted at me so it was a waste of time really, but I’ll probably try again another day ;):).

I saw my first ever fox last night. I walked round the corner and it was standing there bold as brass on the path. We both stood completely still staring at each other, then I was very brave and gave it my best bark and it ran away.....what a wuss! :p

I did my favourite thing in the world ever today, I played ball in the park :). It was just me and Mum, and we didn’t even see any other dogs so it was even better. I don’t like it when other dogs want to play with me, I just want to be left alone to play ball with my Mum.
1A110672-5B54-4325-A506-4B08688EB5C3.jpeg

Fab, love pics of ears a flying!! Going back to the anal glands, have you tried adding grated carrot to her food( to help bulk it out and therefore empty glands naturally and a dollop of live yoghurt? (or just an acidopholus capsule sprinkled over food?)which should help with the itchy bum scooting..

Fab, love pics of ears a flying!! Going back to the anal glands, have you tried adding grated carrot to her food( to help bulk it out and therefore empty glands naturally and a dollop of live yoghurt? (or just an acidopholus capsule sprinkled over food?)which should help with the itchy bum scooting..
She does have carrot, haven’t tried the yogurt so will give that a go, thanks :)

It’s my 4th birthday today! :):):)
I had two birthday cards and some presents which I’ve made good start at ripping up, but I do a very good ‘who me?’ face :p
58C8F558-BB7D-4552-9172-9ADA103A6900.jpeg

Then mum took me to play ball in the park and I did lots of rolly pollys and got all muddy. I’m very tired now but not going to give my tennis ball up :D
DE85754A-43B7-44F1-A1D3-E03D9D87E34D.jpeg

I’ve been sent a photo from my breeder of some of my family. I don’t really remember them though and I’m much happier where it’s just me to be spoilt ;)
My mum is the apricot Poodle, my dad is the black and white Springer Spaniel, the brown Sproodle is my sister and only brown sibling, and the two that look like me are two of my five black brothers and sisters.
CCF71B45-2334-4E0C-90E3-8F2688055755.jpeg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back