The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Moonpig Is Sick

Whippets Rule

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi

I haven't posted anything until now but Moonpig is very seriously ill :unsure:

I need good vibes for her please...don't know what exactly is wrong or what the prognosis but it appears as though her pancreas is either digesting itself or digesting her intestine.

WE are going to see her at the vets in an hour when we take James for his booster.

We should have blood results this evening too so we will know whether she needs to have an ex -lap to see what is going on.

Over the last few weeks she has been occasionally vomitting at night and on two occasions on going out for a poo has passed what looked like bits of intestinal tissue.

She had also last week passed a load of blood and clear mucus instead of any poo.

She is also having some issues with dry eye which isn't helping her to look any more attractive or appealing.

She is a miserable cow who doesn't take crap from anyone and doesn't tolerate nonsense( she's so much like me (w00t) )but she is our miserable cow and we love her very much...especially me, although she is my husbands dog, she has grown a special spot in my heart.

I'm very glad I had the foresight to insure her a year ago but would pay anything in the world not to have the lovely girl be ill at all.

I sometimes feel we are a bit hexed by the bad luck we have had with our dogs in the last couple of years and would really like a break where everyone is healthy for a while...

May not be able to post until quite a bit later but please keep your fingers crossed for her.

Sorry to hear Moonpig is not very well . :(

Good vibes coming from me to her . I hope things are not as bad as they seem . :luck: :luck: :luck:

She sounds like a fantastic character .

Bless her, the girls and me are all thinking of her :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

classic Moonpig..

P1080026.jpg

thanks guys..she's really not looking too good at all but if there's anything that can be done, she is with the one man who can fix her!!.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im so sorry to hear this, Moonpig is such a character... :wub:

Sending some positive vibes your way... :luck: :luck: hope your vet can do something...

Please be well again, Moonpig.

We all love your stories and life without your fun and games with James would not be the same :(

I am sending as many positive thoughts and feelings as I can muster, together with lots of love and hugs for a very brave girl :wub: :huggles: xxxxxxxx

Sending loads of positive thoughts and healing vibes for Moonpig. :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

:unsure: loads of good vibes coming from us here. I too have had enough of bad luck with my dogs so I know exactly how youre feeling :huggles:

:luck: :luck: :luck: Hope Moonpig is better soon :thumbsup:

Oh no, I'm really sorry to hear about Moonpig :(

Sending lots of good wishes for her and her worried mum :huggles:

Thanks guys......little update..Moonpig is home for the weekend... have to go, will update properly later.

All fingers and paws crossed here. Be well Moonpig ... if we could wish you well we would. :huggles: to you and her.

Annie and the boys xxx

Sending lots of luck and good vibes from us to Moonpig, and hugs for you too :huggles:

If in doubt go for the exp lap, then you are sure to know what is going on xxx

I have not long got home from work and have read this.

Sorry to hear that Moonpig is so ill.

Sending loads of healing vibes and thoughts from all at Oakmoorehill. :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

so sorry to hear Moonpig is unwell

figers crossed for good news :luck:

Poor Moonpig :( Glad she is home with you- good luck and fingers crossed for good news :luck: :luck: :luck:

I'm so sorry to hear that she's not well ... I'm sending lots of positive vibes to Moonpig :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

I am so sorry to hear about Moonpig not being well :( Sending lots of positive thoughts and hugs to her :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :luck: :luck: :luck: Lots of hugs to you as well :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

Right I finally have five minutes so I can update this at last....

Moonpig has had a comfortable night and in herself seems reasonably happy....

the vet said she has shed some intestinal lining which, whilst looking quite horrific, doesn't concern him too much...he said that given what has been happening, it is not unexpected.

she can eat for the first time in five days later on and then we wait and see what happens..it all hinges upon whether she can cope with food at all yet.

she will be having a tiny tiny meal and if she can cope with that, then again tomorrow we will give her another, maybe two and see what happens...all depends if her pancreas can manage or not...if not then back to vets on Monday and we decide whether to open her up or not.........only time will tell.

Hope Moonpig manages ok with her tiny meals :luck: :luck: :luck: She must be starving bless her, saying that when you feel ill you don't feel that hungry :( Hope she improves over the weekend let us know how she is doing. Glad she is home with you :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

We're all rooting for you Moonpig :wub: Be well little lady :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back