The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

My First Whippet!

vs1

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi Everyone,

I'm fairly new to the forum and came on here to find out some more about whippets and get some advice....well I recently took the plunge and got my first whippet. (w00t) His name is Busta and he is 10 months old. He is the litter brother to Pearl who I've seen pics of on here before. Thanks to Terry and Denise for letting Busta come to live with me. :) He has settled in extremely well and is everything I could possible have wished for. He's playful and fun but his recall is fantastic! I couldn't be happier with him and I'm so glad I chose a whippet. Just one problem....I need to find him a friend. I was supposed to be homing a lurcher but that didn't work out so now I have to try to find Busta a suitable playmate. I have a funny feeling the 'one whippet is never enough' thing may prove true! :D I took him up to meet my racing greyhounds at the weekend and he had so much fun with them. It was really funny to see how well he interacted with them in spite of the size difference :) He was really confident and they all got on brilliantly. I suggested retiring one of the greyhounds to be his friend but my trainer is having none of it! :D

Vicky

x

Busta playing in the garden..

DSC01738.jpg

And exploring the woods (white socks a bit black from jumping into puddles!)...

DSC01773.jpg

He's lovely :thumbsup:

I hope you soon find a friend for him, i had my first whippet about 6

months before i was looking for another :lol:

and here he is doing his favourite activity.....sleeping!

DSC01718.jpg

and checking out his alternative food options... :D

DSC01761.jpg

Hi Vicky... Sorry to hear that things didn't work out with young Boo :(

Looks as if you have a little star there :thumbsup: Good recall ? You are one lucky lady :lol: All the best with finding Buster a playmate :thumbsup:

Tracey x

Last edited by a moderator:
Busta is very handsome... :wub: Welcome to K9, you are among whippet friends here.. :lol: :thumbsup:

Busta looks like hes found the bird table then... :lol: :thumbsup:

beaubeau said:
Hi Vicky... Sorry to hear that things didn't work out with young Boo :(  

Looks as if you have a little star there :thumbsup:   Good recall ? You are one lucky lady  :lol: All the best with finding Buster a playmate :thumbsup:

Tracey x

Thanks Tracey, it was really disappointing about Boo as I was really looking forward to having her but it just wasn't the right thing for her and I had to do what was best for her. I hope she finds someone suitable soon.

Vicky

x

He looks great

Congratulations on taking the plunge

Its true though 1 will never be enough!!!!! :- "

Busta is a very handsome boy :wub: look forward to seeing lots of pics and hopefully see no 2 whippet soon :- "

Busta is :wub: Good luck in finding him a companion :luck:

He looks gorgeous.

Cant wait till we get our first whippet soon!

How does Busta behave in the woods? Considering comments I've read I've wondered if they're off like a shot in the woods, never to return, endlessly chasing anything that moves squirrel or not! :p

angelabolitho said:
He looks gorgeous.Cant wait till we get our first whippet soon!

How does Busta behave in the woods?  Considering comments I've read I've wondered if they're off like a shot in the woods, never to return, endlessly chasing anything that moves squirrel or not! :p

Lol. I must have a very unusual whippet then because he's great in the woods he runs around sniffing and frolicking in the leaves but always within a reasonable ditance from us and as soon as he's called he comes rushing back! He hasn't chased anything yet and is friendly when other dogs come running over. The only thing he wasn't too keen on the other day was when someone launched a kite quite near to him and he started growling and barking and then running back to me like I should do something about it :D

Good look in getting your first whippet. I'm gutted that I waited so long before getting one as I've missed out on years of whippety fun! :)

Vicky

x

[SIZE=14pt]aww gorgeous boy...same colour as my murph :wub: [/SIZE]

Hi Vicky,

What a beauty!!!You will have your hands full.Keep the piccies coming.

I am sure he will settle in quickly.

Amandaxx

Welcome to K9 You have a handsome whippie there :wub:

Good luck :luck: in your search for a playmate :))

wow bustas a very handsome boy,he sounds a angel too :wub: :huggles:

good luck in your search :luck: :luck: :luck: oh and welcome to k9 :oops: :p :teehee:

Great news Vicky

Your walks in the wood sound great fun, I can look forward to the same I hope!

Its good to hear , thanks

Really pleased Busta is settling in well :thumbsup:

Good luck in your quest to find him a playmate :teehee:

Yvonne

:huggles:

Im really glad he has settled in well. :D

His brother didn't seem to miss him at all. Good Luck with him, he is a little sweetheart.

Send him my love :wub:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back