The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Bwra Ruling

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
What ur saying is if i mated a grey with a sulki,,,,the offspring would be 1/2 grey 1/2 sulki which would then be 1st generation

so if there,s to be a 2 generation gap,,,,,,then u cant cross a 1/2 cross whip x grey with a 1/2 cross whip x grey ,,,???????????????????????????????

This is not correct. under the ruling you can cross 1/2 whipxgrey with another 1/2 cross whip x grey . you can cross these forever but you wouldn't be able to breed to greyhound with any of them as they are still 1/2 and 1/2 until you bred with a full whippet for 2 gen

What ur saying is if i mated a grey with a sulki,,,,the offspring would be 1/2 grey 1/2 sulki which would then be 1st generation

so if there,s to be a 2 generation gap,,,,,,then u cant cross a 1/2 cross whip x grey with a 1/2 cross whip x grey ,,,???????????????????????????????

This is not correct. under the ruling you can cross 1/2 whipxgrey with another 1/2 cross whip x grey . you can cross these forever but you wouldn't be able to breed to greyhound with any of them as they are still 1/2 and 1/2 until you bred with a full whippet for 2 gen
this is starting 2 make a bit of sense now.

4 instance i have nikki whizz whose a half whipp/ghd if i wanted to line her with mickey whizz whose a quater ghd x whippet i cud but i cudnt line her with a full ghd?

this is starting 2 make a bit of sense now.

4 instance i have nikki whizz whose a half whipp/ghd if i wanted to line her with mickey whizz whose a quater ghd x whippet i cud but i cudnt line her with a full ghd?
Correct Carole :thumbsup: head for thinking, feet for dancing :)

:thumbsup: I'm pleased you understand Gordon.

the problem is in the wording of the proposal not the understanding of it says the progeny ie whippet x ghd back to another ghd for two generations but saying another ghd means from the ghd as that was the last ghd in its breeding the progeny is not a ghd but a whippet x ghd so by the wording of it makes that the 1st generation .

This is how the new ruling will work, I'll give you a example.
1 Pennysworth came out of a greyhound x Sugar Fire, so when I breed with her she can't be put back to a full greyhound for 2 generations :thumbsup:

2 So lets say I use Avit :thumbsup: I keep a pup out of this mating and I name her Echo, she cant be bred to a full greyhound also :thumbsup:

3 So now I want to breed with Echo, she can't be put back to a full greyhound, so I decide to use Dennis the Menace, I keep a bitch out of this mating, and I name Sally.

4 I decide to breed with Sally and put her back to a full greyhound :thumbsup:

Anyone who can't follow this simple example shouldn't be thinking of beeding a litter :teehee:

Geoff

Tony please read carefully

graham
I can follow his example but that isn't what the proposal says even if it's what you meant.

why tony what does it mean?????

graham
2) Breeders to continue to outcross to greyhounds but after an outcross progeny may not be out crossed to another greyhound for two generations. This would be done by not allowing the registration of puppies for racing if they fall within these criteria. As with all things in whippet racing this would be dependent on the integrity of members.

progeny [proj-in-ee]

Noun

pl -nies

1. offspring; descendants

2. an outcome [Latin progenies lineage]

Collins Essential English Dictionary 2nd Edition 2006 © HarperCollins Publishers 2004, 2006

generation

Noun

1. all the people of approximately the same age: the younger generation

2. a successive stage in descent of people or animals: passed on from generation to generation

3. the average time between two generations of a species, about 35 years for humans: an alliance which has lasted a generation

4. a specified stage of development: the next generation of fighter aircraft

5. production, esp. of electricity or heat

Collins Essential English Dictionary 2nd Edition 2006 © HarperCollins Publishers 2004, 2006

the first generation progeny must be the 1/2 whippet 1/2 ghd. The 1/2 whippet 1/2 ghd cannot be generation zero.
yes have to agree the 1st cross as got to be the 1st generation
Marie used the words 'after the outcross' before mentioning progeny,I took that as it was meant after the whippet was mated to the greyhound.

I THINK WHEN IT WAS PUT FORWARD AT THE MEETING YOU DID NOT KNOW WHAT A CAN OF WORMS YOU WOULD OPEN I THINK THIS IS MADNESS AND NEEDS TO BE SORTED IM SICK AT THE WAY A LOT OF YOU ARE AT EACH OTHERS THROATS IVE THOUGHT OF COMING BACK THIS SEASON TO RACE, BUT THINK ILL STICK WITH ME GREYHOUNDS.

1 Pennysworth came out of a greyhound x Sugar Fire, so when I breed with her she can't be put back to a full greyhound for 2 generations :thumbsup:

2 So lets say I use Avit :thumbsup: I keep a pup out of this mating and I name her Echo, she cant be bred to a full greyhound also :thumbsup:

3 So now I want to breed with Echo, she can't be put back to a full greyhound, so I decide to use Dennis the Menace, I keep a bitch out of this mating, and I name Sally.

Anyone who can't follow this simple example shouldn't be thinking of beeding a litter :teehee:

Geoff

graham
I can follow his example but that isn't what the proposal says even if it's what you meant.

graham
2) Breeders to continue to outcross to greyhounds but after an outcross progeny may not be out crossed to another greyhound for two generations. This would be done by not allowing the registration of puppies for racing if they fall within these criteria. As with all things in whippet racing this would be dependent on the integrity of members.

progeny [proj-in-ee]

Noun

pl -nies

generation

Noun

2. a successive stage in descent of people or animals: passed on from generation to generation

3. the average time between two generations of a species, about 35 years for humans: an alliance which has lasted a generation

the first generation progeny must be the 1/2 whippet 1/2 ghd. The 1/2 whippet 1/2 ghd cannot be generation zero.
Marie used the words 'after the outcross' before mentioning progeny,I took that as it was meant after the whippet was mated to the greyhound.
yes but it says back to another ghd which by its wording as to mean the greyhound if was worded a whippetxghd can not be mated back to a ghd for another two generations it is as been intended.but its the wording back to ANOTHER GHD FOR TWO GENERATIONS if took on that proposal the only other ghd is the ghd which bred the whippet x ghd

:eek: I understand theres alot of confusion but i thought most people were debating in a decent manner and NOT actually getting at each others throats, which is at least one positive, clarification from the powers that be on dates and re written in a way that everyone understands is what is needed when sorted. :wacko:

Geoff

graham

graham

progeny [proj-in-ee]

Noun

pl -nies

generation

Noun

yes but it says back to another ghd which by its wording as to mean the greyhound if was worded a whippetxghd can not be mated back to a ghd for another two generations it is as been intended.but its the wording back to ANOTHER GHD FOR TWO GENERATIONS if took on that proposal the only other ghd is the ghd which bred the whippet x ghd
:lol: See what you mean :thumbsup: It would be acceptable to put a 1st cross whippet/greyhound dog back across its greyhound dam.Think everybody would say that was an accidental mating Chris :- :lol:

:eek: I understand theres alot of confusion but i thought most people were debating in a decent manner and NOT actually getting at each others throats, which is at least one positive, clarification from the powers that be on dates and re written in a way that everyone understands is what is needed when sorted. :wacko:

SORRY ! GOT A HABIT IN WRITTING IN CAPITALS .. IM NOT SHOUTING AT ANYONE ...LOL

SORRY ! GOT A HABIT IN WRITTING IN CAPITALS .. IM NOT SHOUTING AT ANYONE ...LOL
Didn't know you did shout Sean :lol: How are you and the family?

SORRY IM SHOUTING CAP ON how are we going to tell what the breeding is going to be then., your going to get people saying thats not the right breeding and thats going to cause more arguments :-

Its quite simple ..any stud dog that has greyhound in its breeding 1 or 2 generation back can not line a greyhound or visa versa any bitch with 1 or 2 generation greyhound blood can not be lined with a greyhound stud dog

Maybe the simplest thing would be to adopt the rule ...all dogs to run from whippet traps

SORRY IM SHOUTING CAP ON how are we going to tell what the breeding is going to be then., your going to get people saying thats not the right breeding and thats going to cause more arguments :-
I'm not shouting :lol: That'll be up to the BWRA to deal with any disagreements over breeding,when registrations are sent in.

this must be a headache to sort out,my veiw is that a dog bred like bigland boy should be allowed to line a greyhound.

:unsure: or

why don't the scratch racers breakaway and form there own organisation,then they can breed whatever they like, just a thought

this must be a headache to sort out,my veiw is that a dog bred like bigland boy should be allowed to line a greyhound.:unsure: or

why don't the scratch racers breakaway and form there own organisation,then they can breed whatever they like, just a thought
No need to break away John both the NNWRF and the BWRA cater for scratch racers :thumbsup:

this must be a headache to sort out,my veiw is that a dog bred like bigland boy should be allowed to line a greyhound.:unsure: or

Think the last thing we should be doing is telling scratch racers there not well come or that they should form another organization :b

really dont think there is any debate over the proposal the members wanted this breeding program put in place " so think the saying if its not broke dont fix it " cant aply because the members who voted this in must have thought it broken, this proposal will do what its was put forward to do bring down the size of scratch dogs :thumbsup:

the only debate as i see it, is to allow litter already here to be allowed to register and run with the bwra, i do feel this should have been picked up on at the reps meeting and put right ie ask the proposer if we could incorporate a start date in the proposal,

dont you just wonder how whippet racing as ever progress lol

Think the last thing we should be doing is telling scratch racers there not well come or that they should form another organization :b

i did'nt say scratch racers were'nt welcome,i suggested they form their own organisation. :angry:

this debate only involves a handfull of scratch racers,the majority of scratch racers i have spoken too agree that the dogs are being bred the wrong way :)) i.e. getting to big

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back