The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Bwra Ruling

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Think the last thing we should be doing is telling scratch racers there not well come or that they should form another organization :b

i did'nt say scratch racers were'nt welcome,i suggested they form their own organisation. :angry:

this debate only involves a handfull of scratch racers,the majority of scratch racers i have spoken too agree that the dogs are being bred the wrong way :)) i.e. getting to big
]

Like i said enforce the rules that says dogs run from a standard size whippet trap ... if they cannot race from a whippet trap they cannot be classed as whippet

Think the last thing we should be doing is telling scratch racers there not well come or that they should form another organization :b

i did'nt say scratch racers were'nt welcome,i suggested they form their own organisation. :angry:

this debate only involves a handfull of scratch racers,the majority of scratch racers i have spoken too agree that the dogs are being bred the wrong way :) ) i.e. getting to big
]

Like i said enforce the rules that says dogs run from a standard size whippet trap ... if they cannot race from a whippet trap they cannot be classed as whippet
does that include the bends as well ?

this debate only involves a handfull of scratch racers,the majority of scratch racers i have spoken too agree that the dogs are being bred the wrong way :) ) i.e. getting to big
]

does that include the bends as well ?

yeah :eek:

THIS IS THE WAY THAT I SEE IT

IF THE TOP TABLE OF THE BWRA HAVE ALREADY MISINTERPRETED THE WAY THIS IS WRITERN

AND SOME OF THE MEMBERS THAT HAVE VOTED FOR IT HAVE TOO

THEN IT IS NOT A TRUE VOTE

THIS SHOULD BE REWRITTEN AND SENT OUT AGAIN OR SCRAPPED

AND DONT TELL ME NO ONE HAS BECAUSE WRITTEN PROOF IN A LETTER FROM THE BWRA JUST LOOK ON THERE WEBSIT

GARY

This don't realy concern me at the moment.Or maybe it does,seein as im the proud owner of a pup from Magical Dreams x greyhound,and a pup from Tinkerman x greyhound.What if they turn out to be real corkers on the bends and straights,and i want to breed from them.Can i breed Reni to Our Dannyboy. All this illegal crap,about not being able to breed 2 1/2 breds together,is total nonesence.What someone is actualy saying is,that u can't breed a none ped,to a none ped.Where as,the only way to breed a none ped,in the 1st place,is to use a whippet and a greyhound.As has once been said.Any mating from a w/g x w/g,has the potential to throw a gene pool,that is all whippet,or all greyhound.If you put a 3/4 over a straight half,there is even more chance of a pure greyhound gene pool.But still the chance of a pure whippet gene pool too.Someone brought up about Rose's litter,to sugar daddy.She has a crackin wee bitch,who is no bigger than a whippet,from that mating. Am i talking crap,like some others are doing.It's like our fishing club,telling us we cant use a red shrimp,and a Curries shrimp together on one line,in case we catch too many fish.Or win a few competitions more than Joe Blogg's.As i say,it's not realy my buisiness at the moment.But i was going to join the BWRA this month,as i wanted to race my pups in a few of their opens,or whatever.Im not going to travel over,with just one dog to race.If i can't race Reni too,then im not interested.I train hard,and would also like to race hard.Theres an old saying that if youre not in,u can't win.Now some of us can't get in,to win.One other ? i have is this.If i can't regester my bitch,from Magical Dreams litter.How can i regester pups from her n Dannyboy,should this ever come about.

Last edited by a moderator:
this must be a headache to sort out,my veiw is that a dog bred like bigland boy should be allowed to line a greyhound.:unsure: or

why don't the scratch racers breakaway and form there own organisation,then they can breed whatever they like, just a thought

really dont think there is any debate over the proposal the members wanted this breeding program put in place " so think the saying if its not broke dont fix it " cant aply because the members who voted this in must have thought it broken, this proposal will do what its was put forward to do bring down the size of scratch dogs :thumbsup:

the only debate as i see it, is to allow litter already here to be allowed to register and run with the bwra, i do feel this should have been picked up on at the reps meeting and put right ie ask the proposer if we could incorporate a start date in the proposal,

dont you just wonder how whippet racing as ever progress lol

thats the fairest solution as it stands

but i still think the cap alone would make breeders bring down the size even though the odd one could go over still

I may get hung for this by both sides on this debate lol .

A few ppl on K9 will know all about a incident around 25/30 yrs ago in the ped whippet racing world involving the BESAPS line of dogs.

My grandad actually bred his bitches to Besaps Markwiss so got some of the flack though he didn't care what ppl thought he bred damn good dogs.

I was young so don't know the full ins and outs but sounds sorta familiar. So i can see where some of you are coming from there.

I can also see where and why some want smaller more whippet size non peds after all when you think about it a 3/4 GHD X 1/4Whippet is more a non ped greyhound than non ped whippet.

Now before you shoot me i'm not saying all the large dogs are 3/4 GHD just an example .

I see the sense in the no crossing with a GHD for 2 generations that way your going to be breeding a dog which is more true to a ped whippet .

you will have a almost pure bred whippet to cross with a GHD after the 2 generation gap which has gotta be good for both racing and the dogs themselves. you will have a better wider gene pool by using the ped whippets and greyhounds and i should think dogs much better and much faster.

I am no breeder and haven't raced for 20 yrs but i do know there is always going to be this debate and argument.

But my view is a non ped whippets should still look like a whippet and be more whippet like in size and build than greyhound like.

At the end of the day no one is gonna like being told how to breed but you have to use comon sense to much ghd and it ain't a whippet no more .

Hope all this gets sorted what happened to go race you dogs and have fun :/

Btw just a thought i gota a whippet X Saluki could i race him in non peds ? breeding was dam whippet xsaluki sire laguna whippet x saluki.

<br />I may get hung for this by both sides on this debate lol .<br /><br />A few ppl on K9 will know all about a incident around 25/30 yrs ago in the ped whippet racing world involving the BESAPS line of dogs.<br />My grandad actually bred his bitches to Besaps Markwiss so got some of the flack though he didn't care what ppl thought he bred damn good dogs.<br />I was young so don't know the full ins and outs but sounds sorta familiar. So i can see where some of you are coming from there.<br /><br />I can also see where and why some want smaller more whippet size non peds after all when you think about it a 3/4 GHD X 1/4Whippet is more a non ped greyhound than non ped whippet. <br />Now before you shoot me i'm not saying all the large dogs are 3/4 GHD just an example .<br /><br />I see the sense in the no crossing with a GHD for 2 generations that way your going to be breeding a dog which is more true to a ped whippet .<br />you will have a almost pure bred whippet to cross with a GHD after the 2 generation gap which has gotta be good for both racing and the dogs themselves. you will have a better wider gene pool by using the ped whippets and greyhounds and i should think dogs much better and much faster.<br /><br />I am no breeder and haven't raced for 20 yrs but i do know there is always going to be this debate and argument.<br />But my view is a non ped whippets should still look like a whippet and be more whippet like in size and build than greyhound like.<br /><br /><br />At the end of the day no one is gonna like being told how to breed but you have to use comon sense to much ghd and it ain't a whippet no more .<br /><br />Hope all this gets sorted what happened to go race you dogs and have fun :/<br /><br /><br />Btw just a thought i gota a whippet X Saluki could i race him in non peds ? breeding was dam whippet xsaluki sire laguna whippet x saluki.<br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

well said

as the rule says . must be of whippet like appearance, but thats another debate

not havin ago at you john but when you got paloma who was half greyhound and wor john, if she had gone say 45 or 50 pound would you still say she was whippet like in appearence if you remember i had her sister who was 46 pound not a dig just a question as i do know where your coming from :)

i meant paloma was out of a greyhound to wor john cant use the new edit thingy yet

This don't realy concern me at the moment.Or maybe it does,seein as im the proud owner of a pup from Magical Dreams x greyhound,and a pup from Tinkerman x greyhound.What if they turn out to be real corkers on the bends and straights,and i want to breed from them.Can i breed Reni to Our Dannyboy. All this illegal crap,about not being able to breed 2 1/2 breds together,is total nonesence.What someone is actualy saying is,that u can't breed a none ped,to a none ped.Where as,the only way to breed a none ped,in the 1st place,is to use a whippet and a greyhound.As has once been said.Any mating from a w/g x w/g,has the potential to throw a gene pool,that is all whippet,or all greyhound.If you put a 3/4 over a straight half,there is even more chance of a pure greyhound gene pool.But still the chance of a pure whippet gene pool too.Someone brought up about Rose's litter,to sugar daddy.She has a crackin wee bitch,who is no bigger than a whippet,from that mating. Am i talking crap,like some others are doing.It's like our fishing club,telling us we cant use a red shrimp,and a Curries shrimp together on one line,in case we catch too many fish.Or win a few competitions more than Joe Blogg's.As i say,it's not realy my buisiness at the moment.But i was going to join the BWRA this month,as i wanted to race my pups in a few of their opens,or whatever.Im not going to travel over,with just one dog to race.If i can't race Reni too,then im not interested.I train hard,and would also like to race hard.Theres an old saying that if youre not in,u can't win.Now some of us can't get in,to win.One other ? i have is this.If i can't regester my bitch,from Magical Dreams litter.How can i regester pups from her n Dannyboy,should this ever come about.
There would be no problem you breeding the Magical Dream x Greyhound pup Reni to the Tinkerman x Greyhound pup Dannyboy, its just that you can't put either of them back to a full greyhound for two generations :thumbsup: there's plenty enough greyhound in this breeding, why would you need to put more greyhound blood back in Billy?

Geoff

<br />I may get hung for this by both sides on this debate lol .<br /><br />A few ppl on K9 will know all about a incident around 25/30 yrs ago in the ped whippet racing world involving the BESAPS line of dogs.<br />My grandad actually bred his bitches to Besaps Markwiss so got some of the flack though he didn't care what ppl thought he bred damn good dogs.<br />I was young so don't know the full ins and outs but sounds sorta familiar. So i can see where some of you are coming from there.<br /><br />I can also see where and why some want smaller more whippet size non peds after all when you think about it a 3/4 GHD X 1/4Whippet is more a non ped greyhound than non ped whippet. <br />Now before you shoot me i'm not saying all the large dogs are 3/4 GHD just an example .<br /><br />I see the sense in the no crossing with a GHD for 2 generations that way your going to be breeding a dog which is more true to a ped whippet .<br />you will have a almost pure bred whippet to cross with a GHD after the 2 generation gap which has gotta be good for both racing and the dogs themselves. you will have a better wider gene pool by using the ped whippets and greyhounds and i should think dogs much better and much faster.<br /><br />I am no breeder and haven't raced for 20 yrs but i do know there is always going to be this debate and argument.<br />But my view is a non ped whippets should still look like a whippet and be more whippet like in size and build than greyhound like.<br /><br /><br />At the end of the day no one is gonna like being told how to breed but you have to use comon sense to much ghd and it ain't a whippet no more .<br /><br />Hope all this gets sorted what happened to go race you dogs and have fun :/<br /><br /><br />Btw just a thought i gota a whippet X Saluki could i race him in non peds ? breeding was dam whippet xsaluki sire laguna whippet x saluki.<br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

well said

as the rule says . must be of whippet like appearance, but thats another debate
I'll post a pic see if you lot think he of whippet like appearance he defo more whippet like than saluki :)

There would be no problem you breeding the Magical Dream x Greyhound pup Reni to the Tinkerman x Greyhound pup Dannyboy, its just that you can't put either of them back to a full greyhound for two generations :thumbsup: there's plenty enough greyhound in this breeding, why would you need to put more greyhound blood back in Billy?

Geoff

BILLY CAN I PLACE MY ORDER FOR A PUP PLEASE.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may get hung for this by both sides on this debate lol .
A few ppl on K9 will know all about a incident around 25/30 yrs ago in the ped whippet racing world involving the BESAPS line of dogs.

My grandad actually bred his bitches to Besaps Markwiss so got some of the flack though he didn't care what ppl thought he bred damn good dogs.

I was young so don't know the full ins and outs but sounds sorta familiar. So i can see where some of you are coming from there.

I can also see where and why some want smaller more whippet size non peds after all when you think about it a 3/4 GHD X 1/4Whippet is more a non ped greyhound than non ped whippet.

Now before you shoot me i'm not saying all the large dogs are 3/4 GHD just an example .

I see the sense in the no crossing with a GHD for 2 generations that way your going to be breeding a dog which is more true to a ped whippet .

you will have a almost pure bred whippet to cross with a GHD after the 2 generation gap which has gotta be good for both racing and the dogs themselves. you will have a better wider gene pool by using the ped whippets and greyhounds and i should think dogs much better and much faster.

I am no breeder and haven't raced for 20 yrs but i do know there is always going to be this debate and argument.

But my view is a non ped whippets should still look like a whippet and be more whippet like in size and build than greyhound like.

At the end of the day no one is gonna like being told how to breed but you have to use comon sense to much ghd and it ain't a whippet no more .

Hope all this gets sorted what happened to go race you dogs and have fun :/

Btw just a thought i gota a whippet X Saluki could i race him in non peds ? breeding was dam whippet xsaluki sire laguna whippet x saluki.

some very good points :thumbsup: as for your whippet + saluki cant see why you could'nt run it in non ped whippet racing looking at the breeding its got more whippet in the breeding than some of the scratch dogs racing as whippets :- lol

funny geoff just thinking if this had come in a few years ago

sugar daddy would not have happened

because you could have not lined your greyhound with sugarfire

so then no sugar mouse and many of the other pups that you have bred strange that but true

is this a case of i got what i need know so lets not let any more into the sport

this is not me being personal its just an observation

gary

IF THE TOP TABLE OF THE BWRA HAVE ALREADY MISINTERPRETED THE WAY THIS IS WRITERN

AND DONT TELL ME NO ONE HAS BECAUSE WRITTEN PROOF IN A LETTER FROM THE BWRA JUST LOOK ON THERE WEBSIT

GARY

Dont agree at all with what your saying,

this proposal as been voted in and yes some of the bwra committee may have misunderstood or whatever ??? i cant speak for them but over 100 members voted this proposal in,

i will be generous by saying 15 people on k9 have said they did'nt understand the proposal from that 15 lets say maybe 5 never sent there voting slip back, so noway should this go back out as a vote

this is also the case with my breeding

two become one could not have been put to killeackle reni

so there is at least 9 pups that would not have hit the track

no nch of ch primus

no nch ruby murray

mind you there is a few people who would like that

gary

just because some members didnt or couldnt attend dosnt mean they are not fully fleged paid up members and still have a right and an opinion regarding there sport :( i understand the proposal and the main thing wrong with it after a few mistakes were rectifide was the time on it coming into play

GARY

Dont agree at all with what your saying,

this proposal as been voted in and yes some of the bwra committee may have misunderstood or whatever ??? i cant speak for them but over 100 members voted this proposal in,

i will be generous by saying 15 people on k9 have said they did'nt understand the proposal from that 15 lets say maybe 5 never sent there voting slip back, so noway should this go back out as a vote

THAT IS YOUR OPINION

THE PROPOSAL IS MISLEADING

AND CONFUSING AND THATS WHY IT AS TAKEN SO LONG FOR PEOPLE TO REALISE WHAT DOGS THIS AFFECTS

GARY

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back