The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Bwra Ruling

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
dee just told me its any dogs regestered that go over fifty get a refund :( read it again :b i see what you meant yes its got to be fair to all
is that over 55 or as that been changed lol

THIS IS THE WAY THAT I SEE IT

IF THE TOP TABLE OF THE BWRA HAVE ALREADY MISINTERPRETED THE WAY THIS IS WRITERN

AND SOME OF THE MEMBERS THAT HAVE VOTED FOR IT HAVE TOO

THEN IT IS NOT A TRUE VOTE

THIS SHOULD BE REWRITTEN AND SENT OUT AGAIN OR SCRAPPED

AND DONT TELL ME NO ONE HAS BECAUSE WRITTEN PROOF IN A LETTER FROM THE BWRA JUST LOOK ON THERE WEBSIT

GARY
This post is the whole reason that I think there have been a small percentage of people creating concern about our proposal. I believe they wish to create enough uproar to get people to ask for the proposal to be scrapped...................I hope there are enough sensible people in the BWRA still to remain calm and wait for the BWRA committee to consider the considerable feeling against the start date, not against the proposal as a whole. I think to have the proposal scrapped is exactly what you want gary.

chris
From what i've heard in the time i've been whippet racing,and what i've read on K9,action towards the size of non peds as been on the cards for along while.That action has now begun.People may have been warned by the then commitee x number of years ago,but the action has been taken by the members when this breeding proposal came into being.I do not believe for one minute that this passed proposal would or should be scrapped.I do believe the commitee will sort out the fairness,with regards to dogs already here.

u want to hope your bigun dosnt put any more pounds on chris :b :D
He wont need to Gary.If the BWRA Commitee,agree that allowances can be made for the breeding proposal(allow dogs already born and concieved)to run,then they'll have to allow for the dogs (already born and concieved)affected by the 55lb capping proposal to run because there was no date on this proposal either

i thought it was that any dog allready racing could finish its carear karen
Any adult dog,Gary not pups or yearlings,even if they are already registered.

this is also the case with my breeding two become one could not have been put to killeackle reni

so there is at least 9 pups that would not have hit the track

no nch of ch primus

no nch ruby murray

mind you there is a few people who would like that

gary
the dogs you named can still run where they like is what i mean, so cant make out what you were saying, have you got a litter from the breeding named in your post thats not been reg with bwra ??

you know full well i have so dont look so suprised

i have pups two litters from stag possessed x greyhound that were born last year

they were to young to register before the cut off date because in october they handnt had there jabs

and now they cant register one is 21 lb and the other 23lb at six months old

but you already know that

not greyhounds in my book criss

gary

i'm not looking suprised really take my word for it

so the answer is no you dont have a litter from ( Two become one + killeackle reni ) which is what i was asking

and yes i know of your litters that have not been reg yet, and agree with the cut of for dogs already born etc,

we will have to start another topic on "them being whippet or greyhound another day "lol

This topics going around and around in circles now, its got my head battered -_-

Instead of all surmising the out come let the committee do what there in place for and make a decision and statement

Think another good topic to start is a big pup dairy , owners of big pups could add there photos and weekly weights , be interesting to see how some of last years litter esp greyhound crossers come along ...bet some people are wondering if there youngsters are going to stay under 55lb

now that is another topic, im against the capping full stop no pun intended,

this is also the case with my breeding two become one could not have been put to killeackle reni

no nch of ch primus

no nch ruby murray

gary
the dogs you named can still run where they like is what i mean, so cant make out what you were saying, have you got a litter from the breeding named in your post thats not been reg with bwra ??

i have pups two litters from stag possessed x greyhound that were born last year

they were to young to register before the cut off date because in october they handnt had there jabs

gary

so the answer is no you dont have a litter from ( Two become one + killeackle reni ) which is what i was asking

and yes i know of your litters that have not been reg yet, and agree with the cut of for dogs already born etc,

we will have to start another topic on "them being whippet or greyhound another day "lol
you may find this very amusing as so do some of your friends

but i on the other hand do not so please dont talk as if this is a joke

gary

This don't realy concern me at the moment.Or maybe it does,seein as im the proud owner of a pup from Magical Dreams x greyhound,and a pup from Tinkerman x greyhound.What if they turn out to be real corkers on the bends and straights,and i want to breed from them.Can i breed Reni to Our Dannyboy. All this illegal crap,about not being able to breed 2 1/2 breds together,is total nonesence.What someone is actualy saying is,that u can't breed a none ped,to a none ped.Where as,the only way to breed a none ped,in the 1st place,is to use a whippet and a greyhound.As has once been said.Any mating from a w/g x w/g,has the potential to throw a gene pool,that is all whippet,or all greyhound.If you put a 3/4 over a straight half,there is even more chance of a pure greyhound gene pool.But still the chance of a pure whippet gene pool too.Someone brought up about Rose's litter,to sugar daddy.She has a crackin wee bitch,who is no bigger than a whippet,from that mating. Am i talking crap,like some others are doing.It's like our fishing club,telling us we cant use a red shrimp,and a Curries shrimp together on one line,in case we catch too many fish.Or win a few competitions more than Joe Blogg's.As i say,it's not realy my buisiness at the moment.But i was going to join the BWRA this month,as i wanted to race my pups in a few of their opens,or whatever.Im not going to travel over,with just one dog to race.If i can't race Reni too,then im not interested.I train hard,and would also like to race hard.Theres an old saying that if youre not in,u can't win.Now some of us can't get in,to win.One other ? i have is this.If i can't regester my bitch,from Magical Dreams litter.How can i regester pups from her n Dannyboy,should this ever come about.
There would be no problem you breeding the Magical Dream x Greyhound pup Reni to the Tinkerman x Greyhound pup Dannyboy, its just that you can't put either of them back to a full greyhound for two generations :thumbsup: there's plenty enough greyhound in this breeding, why would you need to put more greyhound blood back in Billy?

Geoff
Never said i wanted too,Geoff,or ever intend too.If i wanted to do summit like that,i have a darned well bred ,tried n tested greyhound bitch here,with Irish n English Derby dogs n bitches,in her almost imediate family,ie Half sisters n brothers,on Dams side.Could breed her to anything realy,and say they was out of whatever.Think i will get considerably more for her pure greyhound offspring though,so i'll stick to that.Was just wondering ,with all this crap about not being able to breed 2 half x together,i would ask the ?,about Danny over Reni,given the % of Reni.Realy enjoying all this reading mind.Passes the night great,we've got more stupid snow fallin.

This don't realy concern me at the moment.Or maybe it does,seein as im the proud owner of a pup from Magical Dreams x greyhound,and a pup from Tinkerman x greyhound.What if they turn out to be real corkers on the bends and straights,and i want to breed from them.Can i breed Reni to Our Dannyboy. All this illegal crap,about not being able to breed 2 1/2 breds together,is total nonesence.What someone is actualy saying is,that u can't breed a none ped,to a none ped.Where as,the only way to breed a none ped,in the 1st place,is to use a whippet and a greyhound.As has once been said.Any mating from a w/g x w/g,has the potential to throw a gene pool,that is all whippet,or all greyhound.If you put a 3/4 over a straight half,there is even more chance of a pure greyhound gene pool.But still the chance of a pure whippet gene pool too.Someone brought up about Rose's litter,to sugar daddy.She has a crackin wee bitch,who is no bigger than a whippet,from that mating. Am i talking crap,like some others are doing.It's like our fishing club,telling us we cant use a red shrimp,and a Curries shrimp together on one line,in case we catch too many fish.Or win a few competitions more than Joe Blogg's.As i say,it's not realy my buisiness at the moment.But i was going to join the BWRA this month,as i wanted to race my pups in a few of their opens,or whatever.Im not going to travel over,with just one dog to race.If i can't race Reni too,then im not interested.I train hard,and would also like to race hard.Theres an old saying that if youre not in,u can't win.Now some of us can't get in,to win.One other ? i have is this.If i can't regester my bitch,from Magical Dreams litter.How can i regester pups from her n Dannyboy,should this ever come about.
There would be no problem you breeding the Magical Dream x Greyhound pup Reni to the Tinkerman x Greyhound pup Dannyboy, its just that you can't put either of them back to a full greyhound for two generations :thumbsup: there's plenty enough greyhound in this breeding, why would you need to put more greyhound blood back in Billy?

Geoff

BILLY CAN I PLACE MY ORDER FOR A PUP PLEASE.
Already have u down for one mate.Maybe two.As you n Gary normaly have one appiece,from youre own lines,ha ha.Should all stay under the 55lb cap,as Danny is realy over sized compared to the rest of the litter.Good Irish beef is hard to beat mate.

no nch of ch primus

no nch ruby murray

gary

gary

you may find this very amusing as so do some of your friends

but i on the other hand do not so please dont talk as if this is a joke

gary

how could you interpret my post as amusing ? i have'nt spoke to you ? so how could i talk as if its a joke?, the points i have made on this topic i feel are valid, the only person turning this topic into a joke is you !

it seems everytime someone says something you dont like, you start a personal attack,

i would not perpose to no what my friends are thinking ! thats why they are my friend "they think for themself "

IMO ITS TIME FOR EVERONE TO CALM DOWN IF YOU DONT AGREE WITH THE NEW RULINGS JUST PUT PEN TO PAPER GET YOUR LETTERS SENT INTO THE BWRA THATS ME DONE ON THE TOPIC UNTIL I HAVE HEARD FROM THE COMMITTEE.

Geoff
Never said i wanted too,Geoff,or ever intend too.If i wanted to do summit like that,i have a darned well bred ,tried n tested greyhound bitch here,with Irish n English Derby dogs n bitches,in her almost imediate family,ie Half sisters n brothers,on Dams side.Could breed her to anything realy,and say they was out of whatever.Think i will get considerably more for her pure greyhound offspring though,so i'll stick to that.Was just wondering ,with all this crap about not being able to breed 2 half x together,i would ask the ?,about Danny over Reni,given the % of Reni.Realy enjoying all this reading mind.Passes the night great,we've got more stupid snow fallin.
Billy, your missing my point, you can breed 2 half cross whippet x greyhounds together :thumbsup:

IMO ITS TIME FOR EVERONE TO CALM DOWN IF YOU DONT AGREE WITH THE NEW RULINGS JUST PUT PEN TO PAPER GET YOUR LETTERS SENT INTO THE BWRA THATS ME DONE ON THE TOPIC UNTIL I HAVE HEARD FROM THE COMMITTEE.

I think that this thread has been quite refreshing with only an odd person getting a little personal --

It has been quite informative which is a good thing

The trouble starts when people get frustrated --as we will never all agree

They dont take a step back and try to see that others have a right to views which differ from thier own--

Those people take everything that is said as a personal attack on them --often reading things wrongly

The bottom line is these proposals were put to the whole membership of the BWRA and the majority that voted were in favour of them being addopted--

There are lots of rules i and many others might think wrong but as a democratic organisation we have to accept the fair vote--that was taken --

To finish i agree with what jacs put on a earlier posting

Quote"

There are people against the proposal who are using this thread as a means to demonstrate the proposal isn't workable, convince enough folk and you'll get enough signatures to hold an egm and overturn a ruling."

This has happened before and is wrong if anyone is so interested in not going with a majority vote

They should put thier case at the AGM ----------------------------not months later on here ---

steve

I think that this thread has been quite refreshing with only an odd person getting a little personal --

They dont take a step back and try to see that others have a right to views which differ from thier own--

Those people take everything that is said as a personal attack on them --often reading things wrongly

The bottom line is these proposals were put to the whole membership of the BWRA and the majority that voted were in favour of them being addopted--

There are lots of rules i and many others might think wrong but as a democratic organisation we have to accept the fair vote--that was taken --

Quote"

There are people against the proposal who are using this thread as a means to demonstrate the proposal isn't workable, convince enough folk and you'll get enough signatures to hold an egm and overturn a ruling."

This has happened before and is wrong if anyone is so interested in not going with a majority vote

They should put thier case at the AGM ----------------------------not months later on here ---

steve
spot on steve my views differ from others but i think every one as a right to disagree .but that should not mean people cant have there say . :thumbsup:

Quote"

steve
you have your opinion steve i have no problem at all with that but i will still take my case to the committee which is my right and any other member that wishes to do so has the right as a paid up member to do this.

I may get hung for this by both sides on this debate lol .
A few ppl on K9 will know all about a incident around 25/30 yrs ago in the ped whippet racing world involving the BESAPS line of dogs.

My grandad actually bred his bitches to Besaps Markwiss so got some of the flack though he didn't care what ppl thought he bred damn good dogs.

I was young so don't know the full ins and outs but sounds sorta familiar. So i can see where some of you are coming from there.

I can also see where and why some want smaller more whippet size non peds after all when you think about it a 3/4 GHD X 1/4Whippet is more a non ped greyhound than non ped whippet.

Now before you shoot me i'm not saying all the large dogs are 3/4 GHD just an example .

I see the sense in the no crossing with a GHD for 2 generations that way your going to be breeding a dog which is more true to a ped whippet .

you will have a almost pure bred whippet to cross with a GHD after the 2 generation gap which has gotta be good for both racing and the dogs themselves. you will have a better wider gene pool by using the ped whippets and greyhounds and i should think dogs much better and much faster.

I am no breeder and haven't raced for 20 yrs but i do know there is always going to be this debate and argument.

But my view is a non ped whippets should still look like a whippet and be more whippet like in size and build than greyhound like.

At the end of the day no one is gonna like being told how to breed but you have to use comon sense to much ghd and it ain't a whippet no more .

Hope all this gets sorted what happened to go race you dogs and have fun :/

Btw just a thought i gota a whippet X Saluki could i race him in non peds ? breeding was dam whippet xsaluki sire laguna whippet x saluki.

some very good points :thumbsup: as for your whippet + saluki cant see why you could'nt run it in non ped whippet racing looking at the breeding its got more whippet in the breeding than some of the scratch dogs racing as whippets :- lol
Glad i not been hung yet :p If i did decided give Flash ago at racing it would just be for fun and the run out for him i don't have the time to train him up enough really kids take up too much time and hubby lol.

To be honest i can just see how much whippet racing and the folk who participate have changed over the past few years.

After going back through this topic again today i can not believe the attitude of some people (I AM ALL RIGHT JACK) esp people who have scr dogs

Not one of the people in charge for allowing the proposal to go out to the membership have sat back and looked at the bigger picture of what the proposal has affected , don't get me wrong i am all for it i personally think whippet racing should be keep just that , scr racing to accommodate dogs that are genuinely breed that go over the norm ...or a nice small sprint bitch to a small stud dog ... producing varied weights of handicap and scr dogs

Lets face it over the past 10 years i know theres been one or two people abused the use of greyhound blood and breeding for just one purpose bend racing ...i am not going to name anyone as some are friends, but they know i have been saying it to them face to face for years ...there had to come a point where the genuine breeders that stayed in the limits was going to make a stand... you where warned as has been said 5 or do years ago even though no date was officially made , you all knew it was coming at some point

Theres only 2 problem i do have with the % proposal , 1st been the start date (i do believe the proposers should of thought about the outcome of unregistered dogs and there welfare , and i believe this was a genuine mistake on there behalf and not done deliberately as some has suggested ....2nd the wording as its caused more confusing than enough

As this proposal does not affect me as a none ped racer at present i will leave you all with one thought “It is not fair to ask of others what you are unwilling to do yourself”

ive read this with interest and while i agree the ruling is a bit extreme some people where taking there dogs breeding "too far"...cos since when is a 7/8ths greyhound 1/8 whippet a whippet...it aint....and dont say its a scatch dog because same again i feel the term scratch dog is a glorified term to justify trying to get a bigger, faster dog and technically win at all costs.

Even when i scratched raced a few years back (soapy joe 40lb & hobgoblin 35lb both whippet ghds) dogs were getting bigger & bigger and warnings were given out then about breeding.....obviously over the years not much notice was taken.

Obviously its a shame that it has come to this but people were told.

funny geoff just thinking if this had come in a few years ago sugar daddy would not have happened because you could have not lined your greyhound with sugarfire

so then no sugar mouse and many of the other pups that you have bred strange that but true t

is this a case of i got what i need know so lets not let any more into the sport

this is not me being personal its just an observation

gary
I haven't taken this post personally, and I sympathize the situation your in regarding you and others who cant register their pups, its unfare.

I have made my thoughts know to the BWRA in a telephone call :thumbsup: and I will stand in your corner to get these pups to be allowed to be registered.

And I will insist that if any of the above pups go over the 55lbs cap, they should also be allowed to race, but lets say 10 weeks after the official ruling came into force, thats a no no.

Regarding me using Sugar Fire afew years ago, my answer is simple, I would have attened the AGM, and put my case to them, explaining that any pups bred in the previous year should be allowed to be registered, but unfortunately I didn't attend the AGM like yourself.

Also, its not a case of I've got what I need so lets not let anymore into the sport, I would have got what I needed without using Sugar Fire, there's one or two good stud dogs out there with more than 2 generations greyhound gap :thumbsup: bye the way, Sugar Fire justs misses the 2 generation gap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back