The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Bwra Ruling

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
CopyofDSCF0463.jpg

QUESTION FOR GREHAM CAN YOU NAME THIS DOG WITHOUT LOOKING IT UP

THIS IS MY NEXT STUD DOG TO A MY LITTLE WHIPPET BITCH

CAN YOU NAME HIM LOL
JUST A QUICK GUESS ME OLD MATE RAZLE DAZLE BILLY IN A GREAT TIME OF 29.49.

it does not but some with no breeding details have been refused reg this year.you all can argue to you are blue in the face it was not the bwra that put this rule in place but the MEMBERS. so fact if you feel more agree to change back propose it end of year and what the members vote will decide as it should and its not the bwra but its MEMBERS.so you have two options one to propose or two live with what the members voted by a very high margine. :thumbsup:

But some have said the propsal was not clear enough.. lets face it it took me weeks to get my head around it durrrr

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, so you dont need a pedigree to register dog,s with the bwra,,,,,,,

it does not but some with no breeding details have been refused reg this year.you all can argue to you are blue in the face it was not the bwra that put this rule in place but the MEMBERS. so fact if you feel more agree to change back propose it end of year and what the members vote will decide as it should and its not the bwra but its MEMBERS.so you have two options one to propose or two live with what the members voted by a very high margine. :thumbsup:

But some have said the propsal was not clear enough.. lets face it it took me weeks to get my head around it durrrr
im not saying i agree with it but will live with the vote :D you must admit the breeding of 3/4 ghd to ghd needed sorting tho?

im not saying i agree with it but will live with the vote :D you must admit the breeding of 3/4 ghd to ghd needed sorting tho?
Yes i have said i agree, but theres to many loop holes in it the way it stands now

Yes i have said i agree, but theres to many loop holes in it the way it stands now
well if you propose a better proposal that tidys it up for the next AGM id second it :thumbsup:

well if you propose a better proposal that tidys it up for the next AGM id second it :thumbsup:
All dogs to run of of standard size whippet traps at BWRA events...which i don't need to propose as its already in the rules and when it was discussed at the agm a few years ago it was the same people moaning lol

All dogs to run of of standard size whippet traps at BWRA events...which i don't need to propose as its already in the rules and when it was discussed at the agm a few years ago it was the same people moaning lol
yes we both know this rule would have worked if was used on bends too :thumbsup:

chris that would of been the solution to all this ;)

That is my point Denise,Rule 1 has been loosley applied in the past,and continues to be loosley applied if you look at scratch dogs.As to if this bitch would be able to run now? I doubt it due to now having to record how litters are bred,listing both parents etc.How was she registered back when she ran, were both parents listed or the beddy put down as unknown sire or dam?
Sorry Karen i forgot to say ... as a person thats run none ped whippets for a number of years i do not recognize Muscle Bound as a none ped whippet under the new ruling, and weather you where at the agm or not if all proposals are to start from that date , as the members voted on in there forms ...he should not be allowed to race either :(

If i had a no limit or under 55lb as it is now i would be refusing to race against him and would be fully in my right as its the new rule , voted in Nov 08 ... sorry to be so direct but i am just pointing out what a lot of scr racers are saying at present about the none ped whippets that are over the 55lb mark ... to me some of your replies on this topic has falling under the as long as i am all right jack approach , i just wanted to make you aware of any situation that may arise, from the swapping of the start date 55lb cap ... whats good for one is good for another as they say !!!

not really sure what your saying here ? the fact you have been racing for a number of years, as no bearing on weather you recognize Muscle Bound as a none ped whippet under the new ruling, and think you have answered your point about the 55lb limit, all proposals to start from the A.G.M, that cannot inclued dogs already reg and running, or are you now saying that any dog already reg with the bwra but full under the new breeding rule should now not be allowed to run with the bwra and you would refuse to race with them ??

That is my point Denise,Rule 1 has been loosley applied in the past,and continues to be loosley applied if you look at scratch dogs.As to if this bitch would be able to run now? I doubt it due to now having to record how litters are bred,listing both parents etc.How was she registered back when she ran, were both parents listed or the beddy put down as unknown sire or dam?
Sorry Karen i forgot to say ... as a person thats run none ped whippets for a number of years i do not recognize Muscle Bound as a none ped whippet under the new ruling, and weather you where at the agm or not if all proposals are to start from that date , as the members voted on in there forms ...he should not be allowed to race either :(

If i had a no limit or under 55lb as it is now i would be refusing to race against him and would be fully in my right as its the new rule , voted in Nov 08 ... sorry to be so direct but i am just pointing out what a lot of scr racers are saying at present about the none ped whippets that are over the 55lb mark ... to me some of your replies on this topic has falling under the as long as i am all right jack approach , i just wanted to make you aware of any situation that may arise, from the swapping of the start date 55lb cap ... whats good for one is good for another as they say !!!

not really sure what your saying here ? the fact you have been racing for a number of years, as no bearing on weather you recognize Muscle Bound as a none ped whippet under the new ruling, and think you have answered your point about the 55lb limit, all proposals to start from the A.G.M, that cannot inclued dogs already reg and running, or are you now saying that any dog already reg with the bwra but full under the new breeding rule should now not be allowed to run with the bwra and you would refuse to race with them ??
whats good for one is good for another as they say !!!

Where in my post did i say that cannot inclued dogs already reg and running

that any dog already reg with the bwra but full under the new breeding rule should now not be allowed to run with the bwra and you would refuse to race with them ??

Yes i am saying exactly that as is many scr racers

already answered this,

the rulling " must be able to fit in to standard whippet racing traps " was talked about at the reps meeting but both set's of traps would need to be taken to whatever bend track was voted to be used for the two bend opens i.e the Tyrone and the bend champs, also any reg putting on bwra bend opens would need to take whippet traps, the problems that would arise from this, expense alone someone to move the traps up and down the country and getting the greyhound track to let you use whippet trap ! it was voted not to be workable,

page 41 lol

already answered this,

the rulling " must be able to fit in to standard whippet racing traps " was talked about at the reps meeting but both set's of traps would need to be taken to whatever bend track was voted to be used for the two bend opens i.e the Tyrone and the bend champs, also any reg putting on bwra bend opens would need to take whippet traps, the problems that would arise from this, expense alone someone to move the traps up and down the country and getting the greyhound track to let you use whippet trap ! it was voted not to be workable,

page 41 lol
Not if you insisted on dogs having at least 2 appearances on the straights out of standard whippet traps ...owners could choose where they ran there dogs as theres plenty bwra straight events through out the year to choose from ... if they didn't not run at least twice in a year then they wouldn't qualify to run the bends , after all whippet racing was all straights once over ..that way it would not need anyone to cart traps around the country..

I am quite happy to answer Denise. In respect to 'i'm allright Jack'Do not see where you are coming from as I attended the AGM and put my point with regards Harvey continuing to run to the members who were present.The Capping Rule had no specifics just as the Breeding rule.Nothing was said in the capping proposal about pups and yearlings already here that might go over the 55lb,nor was there anything said about dogs already registered and running in the proposal.That in itself left me the opportunity to question the proposal to the proposer and seconder at the AGM,to which I did through the Chairman Mr Cooper,because of the lack of information in the proposal we were able at the AGM to vote(just as you are doing on here,although I did it at the correct venue and to the BWRA members that had voted and attended the AGM.Low and behold the majority descision (there was only one who voted against)was that Harvey will continue to run.Oh and if we are talking specifics if I am supposed to just be looking after my own,then why don't you ask me what I said about our new pup if he goes over 55lb,bearing in mind he was here before the AGM.I accepted that he wouldn't be able to run.So looks like you've got it a bit wrong,and if you get a No Limit please feel free to withdraw if you don't want to race against Harvey,but I can assure you he will be racing :thumbsup:

Simple because Sup Rch Red Reign and Billy the Kid both have saluki x collie in a few generations back, but these both could be bred and produce pups that can be registered to run with none ped whippets But some are querying there greyhound cross pups ... Whippet like in appearance ..

yes they can be reg, just like any of the stud dog with greyhound in them a few generations back,

Simple because Sup Rch Red Reign and Billy the Kid both have saluki x collie in a few generations back, but these both could be bred and produce pups that can be registered to run with none ped whippets But some are querying there greyhound cross pups ... Whippet like in appearance ..

yes they can be reg, just like any of the stud dog with greyhound in them a few generations back,
Don't you think it rather a farce that dogs containing saluki x collie can be registered , yet some dogs with to much greyhound in them that where born before the agm can not be registered ... all i am saying is our none ped whippets are not a true bred they are sight-hounds , lurcher's

I am not for anyone not been able to register dogs already born , just think its unfair

i think any dog over 55 now racing should finish there racing carears its only fair...... but all of this regarding rulings on breeding and the cap should be made fair for all and hope it is for the sake of whippet racings future

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back