The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Bwra Ruling

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
That is my point Denise,Rule 1 has been loosley applied in the past,and continues to be loosley applied if you look at scratch dogs.As to if this bitch would be able to run now? I doubt it due to now having to record how litters are bred,listing both parents etc.How was she registered back when she ran, were both parents listed or the beddy put down as unknown sire or dam?

Karen your wrong our whippets are none ped ... there were Rch that had collie and other breeding blood in them not that long ago

Its strange to think some of our great stud dogs where saplings from this stock ...

Our dogs are not a pacific bred they are not reconsider by any kennel club ...they are what they are mongrels ...lurchers ...long dogs ...no one can dictate to the owners / breeders what they can breed there dogs to ... AS THE RULE READS WHIPPET LIKE IN APPEARANCE as our present day dogs are not pure bred none ped whippets ... please feel free to show me one

Yes the dog ran under its true parents
COLLIE GREAT I NOT NEED A SHEEP DOG THEN :clown:

That is my point Denise,Rule 1 has been loosley applied in the past,and continues to be loosley applied if you look at scratch dogs.As to if this bitch would be able to run now? I doubt it due to now having to record how litters are bred,listing both parents etc.How was she registered back when she ran, were both parents listed or the beddy put down as unknown sire or dam?

Karen your wrong our whippets are none ped ... there were Rch that had collie and other breeding blood in them not that long ago

Its strange to think some of our great stud dogs where saplings from this stock ...

Our dogs are not a pacific bred they are not reconsider by any kennel club ...they are what they are mongrels ...lurchers ...long dogs ...no one can dictate to the owners / breeders what they can breed there dogs to ... AS THE RULE READS WHIPPET LIKE IN APPEARANCE as our present day dogs are not pure bred none ped whippets ... please feel free to show me one

Yes the dog ran under its true parents
COLLIE GREAT I NOT NEED A SHEEP DOG THEN :clown:

The bitch was SUP/RCH/RBCH little lucy ..SHE HAS COLLIE 2 ND GENERATION

bwra

her saplings pedigree

so under the new greyhound rule ...karen is saying we cannot breed this way ...like i said farce

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't having a dig at anyone its dragging on and on most people Agree with the 55lb weight cap , most agree on the pups should

Run . Their are a lot of grey areas what need sorting asap or

Its going to cause folk to think is any of this worth it .
Have to agree so why are the owners of these pups still waiting for a answer, as i have said its alot of unnecessary stress to these people ..its getting pathetic now ...hope none of them suffer with heart complaints :eek:

Just one thing i would like to know since 1968 when the BWRA was formed has it always been the policy/case ----

Proposals that are introduced------- start from the AGM date ?--

or have there been exceptions --?

I mean exactly the same as these proposals ---with no dates

Not sure if anyone would know the answer but if they do please tell me--

Not those changed at a EGM --- !

steve

Sorry Karen i forgot to say ... as a person thats run none ped whippets for a number of years i do not recognize Muscle Bound as a none ped whippet under the new ruling, and weather you where at the agm or not if all proposals are to start from that date , as the members voted on in there forms ...he should not be allowed to race either :(

If i had a no limit or under 55lb as it is now i would be refusing to race against him and would be fully in my right as its the new rule , voted in Nov 08 ... sorry to be so direct but i am just pointing out what a lot of scr racers are saying at present about the none ped whippets that are over the 55lb mark ... to me some of your replies on this topic has falling under the as long as i am all right jack approach , i just wanted to make you aware of any situation that may arise, from the swapping of the start date 55lb cap ... whats good for one is good for another as they say !!!

Wasn't having a dig at anyone its dragging on and on most people Agree with the 55lb weight cap , most agree on the pups should

Run . Their are a lot of grey areas what need sorting asap or

Its going to cause folk to think is any of this worth it .
Have to agree so why are the owners of these pups still waiting for a answer, as i have said its alot of unnecessary stress to these people ..its getting pathetic now ...hope none of them suffer with heart complaints :eek:
Don't think it's pathetic at all,better the commitee take the time to get it right,after all they are representing those who voted and attended the AGM aswell as every other member

Just one thing i would like to know since 1968 when the BWRA was formed has it always been the policy/case ----

steve

Hi Steve from what i remember i think so...start from the AGM date ?-- because that the emg kick board meeting when the chairman said he would put it out for a members voting form , i asked Murial if the count came back and to reinstated the kick boards would she let us know as quickly as possible as we wanted to run at the Tyrone with kick boards ... she said she would do her best as all newly proposed dates started at the agm ..

CopyofDSCF0463.jpg

QUESTION FOR GREHAM CAN YOU NAME THIS DOG WITHOUT LOOKING IT UP

THIS IS MY NEXT STUD DOG TO A MY LITTLE WHIPPET BITCH

CAN YOU NAME HIM LOL

steve
any ammendments to rules or new rules brought in have always been put into practice at the start of the new season although no specific dates as far as I know have ever been stated HOWEVER I don't believe there have ever been any changes made that have excluded any dogs as the recent ones will

There is nothing set in stone to say when a particular new ruling should start from and I believe/hope the majority of members who voted in favour of the 2 proposals in question would agree to accommodating pups born and pups due from matings before the results of the ballot

If we look at the NGRC/BGRB who have new rules being introduced regarding the welfare of the dogs they will be published in April 2009 and put into practice in 2010, this is the way most organizations work when changing rules

This problem wants sorting out as soon as possible, otherwise whippet racing could come under the same Defra & Government legislation as greyhound racing. [this would be very unfair to genuine whippet racers] & would make it dificult for this sport to continue.

You were all warned about this 6 years ago at the BWRA AGM, but i dont think anybody took any notice.

I think theres a lot of people who think the same as i do, but keep quiet for fear of offending people.

Simple question for anyone really ...if we can not use certain stud dogs on greyhounds because of the 2 generation rule ...can we use a stud dog thats registered and raced with the bwra that has sulki x collie x greyhound in its line ..to line a none ped whippet or even a greyhound ..or can the litter sister whom has had pups thats been lined again register her pups ... heres another one of the loop holes ...

The way i understand it is the new rule is only for the use of greyhounds ...

Ive posted this morning loads of simple questions ..why is there no answers lol

Simple question for anyone really ...if we can not use certain stud dogs on greyhounds because of the 2 generation rule ...can we use a stud dog thats registered and raced with the bwra that has sulki x collie x greyhound in its line ..to line a none ped whippet or even a greyhound ..or can the litter sister whom has had pups thats been lined again register her pups ... heres another one of the loop holes ...

The way i understand it is the new rule is only for the use of greyhounds ...

Ive posted this morning loads of simple questions ..why is there no answers lol
i dont get this dee i know other dogs was used far in the past of the racing whippet but so it as been in every other breed of dog going and you dont see them rushing back to cross with other breeds.i mean you must see using saluki x collie would certainly not improve on the ones we race now?but the ghd x on the bends in the no limit does.i mean the term an outcross is a x then going back to a whippet if back to a greyhound the out cross becomes the whippet .we need to go forward not back?if you raced the scratch at yd a lb you not get much ghd used then :eek: it was voted in and by the majority and shouls stand but think the start date need sorting for the good of the sport :thumbsup:

I think the basic opinion is that you cannot punish people by disallowing their dogs who mated or bought pups before the date the rules were changed.

At least anyone who mates a dog now knows the rule is in place so can pick a stud accordingly.

My first thought was that these rules should have given a start date in 4 or 5 years time to allow people to adjust there breeding but its too late for that anyway now its been voted in. I dont think the true extent that the rule changes would effect the sport was considered prior to going ahead.

Simple because Sup Rch Red Reign and Billy the Kid both have saluki x collie in a few generations back, but these both could be bred and produce pups that can be registered to run with none ped whippets But some are querying there greyhound cross pups ... Whippet like in appearance ..
buts thats in the past now dogs with no breeding details would not get reg ;) now

So offspring out of red reign and its litter mates wont get regisatered due to some of it back generation not been known

to me the only?is the start date as that should have been sorted before the vote but the fact a fair vote was taken you cant over rule that.if you have a problem with the rule is to propose it for the next agm :thumbsup: then if enough want the change they can

wer does it say in the bwra, that if a none ped whippet has unknown parents, it wont be allowed too register

As has been said.... i agree some thing needed doing to cover our sport against the racing and registering of greyhounds ... but i don't think it should of been left down to a couple of fairly new comers who have read a debate on k9 , and then to stick a badly written proposal into the membership to vote on , its been proving by some on here that voted for it but did not realize the whole outcome (bigger picture) or what they where proposing for

I think when this matter arised then a couple of senior racers would of been better sitting down and writing some thing more workable with no loop holes in it .. maybe the likes of Malcolm Clarke, Tony Cooper , Paul Jennings and maybe Tony Taylor that has plenty knowledge on % in blood

Just my opinion and i am not having a dig at Marie or Chris , but when something thats going to change 40 / 50 years of none ped racing is this important it should of been left to some one who know what they where talking about

it does not but some with no breeding details have been refused reg this year.you all can argue to you are blue in the face it was not the bwra that put this rule in place but the MEMBERS. so fact if you feel more agree to change back propose it end of year and what the members vote will decide as it should and its not the bwra but its MEMBERS.so you have two options one to propose or two live with what the members voted by a very high margine. :thumbsup:

Simple because Sup Rch Red Reign and Billy the Kid both have saluki x collie in a few generations back, but these both could be bred and produce pups that can be registered to run with none ped whippets But some are querying there greyhound cross pups ... Whippet like in appearance ..
buts thats in the past now dogs with no breeding details would not get reg ;) now

navara _wer does it say in the bwra, that if a none ped whippet has unknown parents, it wont be allowed too register
If the questions to me i dont know but i have heard this twice in the past few pages , maybe them people can explain

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back