The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Bwra Ruling

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
answer thats just been silly of course it could havnt you ever seen a german jack sheperd terrier :unsure:

question yvonne not been nasty but is musclebound a whippet :( answer to us is yes .but joe public definatly wouldnt see it as a whippet dont you agree :unsure

anything over 35 pound wether its forty forty five or fifty wouldnt get reconised as a whippet from anyone other than non ped racers :( thats why they are called scratch dogs and were known as no limit until recently well as far as bwra rules go that is :b we all have diferent views on all subjects but surly the point now should be just to get all pups born before a certain date regestered then see how it goes might work ok might not :wacko: to be honest people can still breed what they want as long as it dosnt take the p.ss as the rule only applies to the bwra and this isnt a dig at graham but do you beleive any of this would of happened if graham hadnt used magical dreams to a greyhound because i dont but that was grahams choice .

answer yes Harvey is a whippet, and i see where your coming from, on breeding alone he's a none ped whippet, as for joe public if i put all my whippets in a row and ask them to pick the whippets out, i.e Alabama, Cracked it, hellbound, Bound too, Hellsdouble, Cracked the spell, and my pup Megan, i would say they would pick two out, Bound too and Cracked the spell, most people when i'm out will ask " what sort of dogs they are"

Last edited by a moderator:
yes i know what you mean but a non ped isnt a reconised breed is it only to us that race them most think they are either little greyhounds or lurchers apart from blue goblin she got away with whippet compliments now and then

ill tell u what ill do,,,,i will breed my 1/4 cross whith a ghd,,,,

and if i get a pup to fall in rule 1 and rule 2,,,,,i will fight my case

now i understand rule 2 has been changed i,e 55lb and might have had a few changes over the year,s regarding heavier dogs

but rule 1 hasnt been changed,,,,,,and who,s going to be brave enough to change it ???? cos that rule has been there since the beginning,,i.e non ped i.e whippet like in apperance

take that rule away,,,and u may aswell say there is no such thing as non ped racing

this is my last post on this matter

You'll be lucky if you get a response Yvonne. Vicky tried demonstrating the same with a pedigree and using a poodle as an example and folk were still in denial.
3/4 x 3/4 cross = 6/8 grey
1/4 x full ghd = 5/8 grey
Genetics doesn't work like this. The only time you definately get an accountable amount is with whippet X greyhound linings because 1/2 the DNA must come from the whippet and 1/2 must come from the greyhound.

With 1/4, 3/4, 7/8 etc etc no-one can rule out there not being whippet DNA present, however just because there's a small amount there doesn't exactly make it out to be a whippet. When you start lining 1/4,1/2, 3/4 or even 7/8 to a pure greyhound, the amount present cannot be estimated and really it's best to look at each case individually. Hence arguments being put forward for only lining some of these dogs to greyhounds if they weigh below 40lb. (The hope being these dogs would possess less of the greyhound genes within them)

I asked this question a few years back and never got an answer and I doubt I will now. When does a whippet cease to become a whippet and when does it become a greyhound?
If it's a none ped,was it ever a pure whippet in the 1st place.Don't think so.Please don't take this as harsh,as it's not meant to be Jaq.Just my wild oppinion.So long as there is the slightest % of whippet gene in there,it can never be a pure greyhound.Well,maybe after quite,(and i say quite,as in 7/8 generations),it might be pure, ish,as i bet that somewhere round the corner,that little whippet gene,that everone had forgot about,will pop out to say hello.Summit like this,i believe,happened when i mated the full brother of Minsters Rocket,to my greyhound bitch,and a couple of the pups looked to have a bit of bull coming through them.Infact Pyper had a hell of a lot.Even to the extent that they had a shortened staffy like tail.This has come through again,from Pyper,to the litter i now have from Pyper and Tara.Have lost the bull looks,but have a couple with shortened tails.There will always be the throw backs,for more years maybe,than we will be about this earth.So back to you're ? Jaq.Probibly never,if we're honest.

to be honest people can still breed what they want as long as it dosnt take the p.ss as the rule only applies to the bwra and this isnt a dig at graham but do you beleive any of this would of happened if graham hadnt used magical dreams to a greyhound because i dont but that was grahams choice .

really dont think it was just down to this mating, its been on the cards for some time and think alot of members have been worried about the a mount of greyhound in the breeding of no - limit dogs also dogs turning up with no breeding details dont think this as happened because of one thing but lots of diff things

People keep saying I'll breed this an I'll breed that and if they don't let it

Run I'll fight my case . I just want to know who do you fight because as I

Understand the top table only act on what's been voted for . Does that

Mean everyone who voted ,the proposer ? Do you get another revote ?

What then would happen if the result ends up the same

the magical dreams litter x killeacle reni 5 pups 4 bitches 1 dog d.o.b. 20/11/07 and sorry vicky no poodle in the breeding. :lol: yes as gary has said it was my choice and at the time when reni was in season i had 2 stud dogs in mind the other was geoffs great dog suggar daddy and yes before anyone says anything if magiacal deams hadnt been taken ill at the time there would have been only one choice for me and that would have been magical dreams i did speek to geoff on using suggar daddy and geoff answer was of course you can dude.no affence ment here geoff just posting what happened at the time of the mating of reni.

RIGHT HERE GOES THE 4 BITCHES ARE ALL UNDER THE WEIGHT CAP AND WERE ALL BREED WITHIN THE RULES THE DOG AND I WILL BE THE FIRST TO ADMIT HAS GONE OVER THE NEW WEIGHT LIMIT SO NO THIS PUP WILL NEVER BE RACING WITH EITHER THE BWRA OR THE NNWRF.

THE DOG AND I WILL BE THE FIRST TO ADMIT HAS GONE OVER THE NEW WEIGHT LIMIT SO NO THIS PUP WILL NEVER BE RACING WITH EITHER THE BWRA OR THE NNWRF.
Do you mind me asking why the owner has decided not to run his dog with the NNWRF seeing as they don't have a weight limit? As has been said numerous times the NNWRF are always an alternative organisation for anyone's dogs that don't fall under the BWRA's new weight limit and regardless of what we all think of the ruling i'm sure we all still want to see dogs doing what they were bred for whether it's with the BWRA, NNWRF or at club opens.

Hope the owner reconsiders and we see the big lad racing in the future.

now i understand rule 2 has been changed i,e 55lb and might have had a few changes over the year,s regarding heavier dogs

but rule 1 hasnt been changed,,,,,,and who,s going to be brave enough to change it ???? cos that rule has been there since the beginning,,i.e non ped i.e whippet like in apperance

take that rule away,,,and u may aswell say there is no such thing as non ped racing

Sorry Bob,but do not believe you can use rule 1 as a legal fight against this ruling(have to add do not believe there is any legal fight against this new ruling,as it was voted in by the MAJORITY,won't apologise for the use of caps)because this rule has been ignored for a long while.I know Harvey and alot of the scratch dogs have a percentage of whippet in them.In Harvey's case 50%,but I would not dream of insulting peoples intelligence by saying he is 'whippet like in appearence' You cannot ignore the fact that this rule has, let me say been overlooked in alot of the dogs one minute,and then use it exactly in the next.

Sorry Bob,but do not believe you can use rule 1 as a legal fight against this ruling(have to add do not believe there is any legal fight against this new ruling,as it was voted in by the MAJORITY,won't apologise for the use of caps)because this rule has been ignored for a long while.I know Harvey and alot of the scratch dogs have a percentage of whippet in them.In Harvey's case 50%,but I would not dream of insulting peoples intelligence by saying he is 'whippet like in appearence' You cannot ignore the fact that this rule has, let me say been overlooked in alot of the dogs one minute,and then use it exactly in the next.
About 12 years ago there was a little bitch called larkhill lady she was 1/2 none ped whippet x 1/2 bedlington terrier she weighted about 22 lb and was black ... she used to race and run quite well ... and to be honest Karen this bitch was more whippet like in appearance than muscle bound ... so would this new rule affect any of our dogs that have other breeding blood in them ...

THE DOG AND I WILL BE THE FIRST TO ADMIT HAS GONE OVER THE NEW WEIGHT LIMIT SO NO THIS PUP WILL NEVER BE RACING WITH EITHER THE BWRA OR THE NNWRF.
Do you mind me asking why the owner has decided not to run his dog with the NNWRF seeing as they don't have a weight limit? As has been said numerous times the NNWRF are always an alternative organisation for anyone's dogs that don't fall under the BWRA's new weight limit and regardless of what we all think of the ruling i'm sure we all still want to see dogs doing what they were bred for whether it's with the BWRA, NNWRF or at club opens.

Hope the owner reconsiders and we see the big lad racing in the future.
i dont mind you asking vicky but you will have to ask andy at the next race meeting im sure he will tell you the reasons behind is decision not to race the dog with the nnwrf.

People keep saying I'll breed this an I'll breed that and if they don't let it Run I'll fight my case . I just want to know who do you fight because as I

Understand the top table only act on what's been voted for . Does that

Mean everyone who voted ,the proposer ? Do you get another revote ?

What then would happen if the result ends up the same

No your wrong the proposer has made it quite plain on here several times that: Both Chris and I have both said that we would like to see all puppies born or conceived before this proposal on 14/12/08 registered and for that to apply to both our proposal and the weight cap to be fair to all.

Then Gary Farmer sent a letter in the BWRA committee asking:

Have allowances been made for members who already have pups, or pups due from matings, which took place before the results of the ballot and for people who have purchased pups in order to join our sport?

He then received a letter from the committee back saying :

img001.jpg
Please note the start date ....CHANGED

So even though i wont get into what legal and whats not legal ... I will say you cannot apply a rule to dogs already born without a set date for changes to take affect from ... its okay saying you where warned NO DATE WAS SET IN STONE when the warning was said 5 or 6 years ago

That is my point Denise,Rule 1 has been loosley applied in the past,and continues to be loosley applied if you look at scratch dogs.As to if this bitch would be able to run now? I doubt it due to now having to record how litters are bred,listing both parents etc.How was she registered back when she ran, were both parents listed or the beddy put down as unknown sire or dam?

That is my point Denise,Rule 1 has been loosley applied in the past,and continues to be loosley applied if you look at scratch dogs.As to if this bitch would be able to run now? I doubt it due to now having to record how litters are bred,listing both parents etc.How was she registered back when she ran, were both parents listed or the beddy put down as unknown sire or dam?

Karen your wrong our whippets are none ped ... there were Rch that had collie and other breeding blood in them not that long ago

Its strange to think some of our great stud dogs where saplings from this stock ...

Our dogs are not a pacific bred they are not reconsider by any kennel club ...they are what they are mongrels ...lurchers ...long dogs ...no one can dictate to the owners / breeders what they can breed there dogs to ... AS THE RULE READS WHIPPET LIKE IN APPEARANCE as our present day dogs are not pure bred none ped whippets ... please feel free to show me one

Yes the dog ran under its true parents

Agree pups born before proposal should run . I was on about whippetier1st

Sayin he gonna breed now and if they stop him then he will fight it .

People keep goin on asking can I breed this and that , when the main

Point is about the pups that can't register at the moment .which most

People deem that unfair . All I'm saying is forget what you can or can't

Breed and fight for those pups

Karen your wrong our whippets are none ped ... there were Rch that had collie and other breeding blood in them not that long ago

Its strange to think some of our great stud dogs where saplings from this stock ...

Our dogs are not a pacific bred they are not reconsider by any kennel club ...they are what they are mongrels ...lurchers ...long dogs ...no one can dictate to the owners / breeders what they can breed there dogs to ... AS THE RULE READS WHIPPET LIKE IN APPEARANCE as our present day dogs are not pure bred none ped whippets ... please feel free to show me one

Yes the dog ran under its true parents
Think this is what bob was saying the rule now will have to be looked at

Agree pups born before proposal should run . I was on about whippetier1st Sayin he gonna breed now and if they stop him then he will fight it .

People keep goin on asking can I breed this and that , when the main

Point is about the pups that can't register at the moment .which most

People deem that unfair . All I'm saying is forget what you can or can't

Breed and fight for those pups
Yes i know what you saying about bob and i agree with him with regards to the rule (whippet like in appearance) look at my post to Karen,

Seems alot of distress to the people who have these pups that need registering ...shame we are on page 40 what ever and we still don't know the answer... most people have said they will stand by the rule , but need to know the outcome ... i just pointed out that the proposal has been changed with regards to the start date

I am getting to the point i am sick of hearing about it ... i think the whole thing is a farce with loads of loop holes ...

I don't know how right or wrong i am on this but just something i know from the past, many of the dogs when i first started racing were pure bred whippets (but not necesarilly kennel club reg, many were) to what most of us would now call pedigree whippets many were from 'whippet' show bred. Which were then lined to purebred whippets no kc reg and then the line went further away from kc reg to what we are now calling non ped - in fact we at that point were 'whippet' racing i believe. The first whippets i raced wi my parents were purebreds but not necesarilly kc reg, who were lined to non kc reg etc. I do believe in different areas of the country diff breeding lines were used i.e g/h crosses which then eventually came into play with the purebreds turning from whippet racing to what we race today. My thoughts were that initially we raced whippets!!!! Don't jump down my throat as i havent researched this its just thoughts from me as when my parents ran Shireoaks WRC many moons ago the dogs were mainly bred along those lines (i think!! along time ago)!! When whippets were whippets :clown: :D

I'm not being sarci either i do sympathise with the people with the larger bred of today and hope we come to an amicable agreement for all concerned, pups here now sorted and the rule come into play from a set date :D

Wasn't having a dig at anyone its dragging on and on most people

Agree with the 55lb weight cap , most agree on the pups should

Run . Their are a lot of grey areas what need sorting asap or

Its going to cause folk to think is any of this worth it .

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back