The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Bwra Ruling

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
A QUICK WORKOUT TO MAKE IT EASY TO SEE

I WILL SPLIT INTO FRACTIONS FOR YOU

A GREYHOUND IS 8/8 A QUARTER BRED IS 2/8 =10/8 DIVIDED BY TWO IS 5/8

A 3/4 IS 6/8 A HALF IS 4/8 =10/8 DIVIDED BY TWO IS 5/8

SO IT IS THE SAME BUT ONE PUP CAN REGISTER THE OTHER CAN NOT

GARY

if you can put a 3/4 to a 1/2 cross and = 5/8 you can put a 3/4 to a 3/4 what does that make. does that make a mocery out of the proposal because call me thick that makes a more ghd then stag posed + ghd

the rulling " must be able to fit in to standard whippet racing traps " was talked about at the reps meeting but both set's of traps would need to be taken to whatever bend track was voted to be used for the two bend opens i.e the Tyrone and the bend champs, also any reg putting on bwra bend opens would need to take whippet traps, the problems that would arise from this, expense alone someone to move the traps up and down the country and getting the greyhound track to let you use whippet trap ! it was voted not to be workable,

STRANGE THAT UNDER THE NEW RULING YOU CANT PUT A 1/4 GREYHOUND TO A GREYHOUND BECAUSE YOU SAY THE PUPS WILL BE 5/8 GREYHOUND WHICH IN SOME PEOPLES OPINION IS TO MUCH

BUT IT IS OK TO PUT A 3/4 TO A 1/2 WHICH TO MY RECONING CREATES THE SAME CROSS 5/8 GREYHOUND

A QUICK WORKOUT TO MAKE IT EASY TO SEE

I WILL SPLIT INTO FRACTIONS FOR YOU

A GREYHOUND IS 8/8 A QUARTER BRED IS 2/8 =10/8 DIVIDED BY TWO IS 5/8

A 3/4 IS 6/8 A HALF IS 4/8 =10/8 DIVIDED BY TWO IS 5/8

SO IT IS THE SAME BUT ONE PUP CAN REGISTER THE OTHER CAN NOT

GARY

the point being you can breed 3/4 greyhound to 3/4 greyhound but you still can't put the pups from this mating back to a full greyhound and if you put this pup back to 3/4 greyhound your still putting more whippet than greyhound into the offspring and thats what members who voted this proposal in want !

The same old arguments.... its all been said before, just go back to the old 32lb BWRA limit and keep whippet racing as it should be racing dogs of whippet type... and no pups to be registerd that are sired by a greyhound... and the sport will live on, ...... or keep on in fighting and it will continue to die...... by the way I raced BWRA and NWRF in the early 80s 90s upto 2002.. I loved the sport for 18 years.. so just stop fighting about something you all enjoy and enjoy it.

I agree that it does exclude good stud dogs going to ghds as you show in your post and it was for that reason that I voted against the proposal. My view was and still is that the restriction on lining to ghds should apply to the No Limit class only. Who cares how much ghd breeding there is in a whippet if it weighs less than 40lb.
(w00t) You'd think I'd know how he voted (TBH I was initially surprised) but them I can appreciate his and others point of view. It does seem a bit daft that say if Maizeemu has a 20lb dog, it'll never be able to line a greyhound. :blink:

The same old arguments.... its all been said before, just go back to the old 32lb BWRA limit and keep whippet racing as it should be racing dogs of whippet type... and no pups to be registerd that are sired by a greyhound... and the sport will live on, ...... or keep on in fighting and it will continue to die...... by the way I raced BWRA and NWRF in the early 80s 90s upto 2002.. I loved the sport for 18 years.. so just stop fighting about something you all enjoy and enjoy it.

:thumbsup: Well said, life is too short for arguing, :) Di

Let the committee do their work, I for one don't give a toss if I can't run my dog, she will still be loved and looked after. ;) I feel I've achieved what I set out to do, and that was to train a pup

from young to, trap, race and not interfere with any other dogs, (I know Leia can do this if she's given the chance) :rolleyes: ;) Di

Last edited by a moderator:

hi, beyond, your saying lets not register pups with a greyhound parent, but you say let dogs run of whippet type,

so if you put a 20lb dog to a greyhound and you get a pup out of the mating that ways 30lb, you say dont register it because its a first cross, but then at 30lb it is of whippet type , so do let it run,,,,,you see what am getting at,,,,one rule would clash with the other,,,,,

Let the committee do their work, I for one don't give a toss if I can't run my dog, she will still be loved and looked after. ;) I feel I've achieved what I set out to do, and that was to train a pup

from young to, trap, race and not interfere with any other dogs, (I know Leia can do this if she's given the chance) :rolleyes: ;) Di
AND IF YOU DONT STAND UP AND ASK FOR TIME TO REGISTER YOUR PUP THEN WHAT AS ALL THAT WORK BEEN FOR .

I LIVE IN HASTINGS MY NEAREST TRINING TRACK OR CLUB IS 70 MILES AWAY SO I SPEND ABOUT 50 POUND A WEEK JUST ON TRANING THE SAME ON FOOD AND SUPLEMENTS NOW IM TOLD BY SOME TO GET RID AND START AGAIN BECAUSE WE DONT LIKE YOUR BREEDING

WELL IM PASSONATE ABOUT MY DOGS AND WONT BE TOLD THAT I CANT RUN MY PUPS THAT I BRED TO THE RULES .SORRY THEY HAVE BEEN CHANGED

GARY

am led to beleive that if i breed my first whippet xgreyhound cross back too a greyhound, the off spring wont be allowed too register, under the new bwra rule, BUT if any of the offspring fall below 32lb, the bwra rule states whippets must be whippet like,and recognisable as a whippet,,,,rule 1 in bwra book,,,,,,,,,,

and if the off spring fall below 32lb, no one can say there not off whippet like,,,,,,,,,,AND THEY MUST BE ALLOWED TO REGISTER,,,,

and can only be refused if the whippet like rule is removed,

I have 3 pups in my kennels at the moment all bred well before this new ruling came in i have spent alot of time and money on these pups and i feel very strongly about the whole situation at the end of the day its quite simple anything bred or born before this date should be allowed to register thats my opinion.

I DONT THINK THATS ASKING TO MUCH ALL THATS NEEDED IS ABIT OF COMMON SENCE AND IM SURE MOST MEMBERS WOULD BE HAPPY TO GIVE THE NEW RULES A CHANCE TO WORK.

i am not happy at all about the new breeding programe but will have to live with that as it was the members wishes but by what i can gather from the posts on here even the members that proposed the changes would like to see anything that was born or bred before the 14/12/08 be allowed to register.

i also beleive that the bwra relise that if any off the litters and pups born under the bwra rules for 2008 are refused registration, they will leave them selfs open for legal action,

but if wer all patient am sure the bwra will come back too us with a workable solution to this

dont forget this only effects racing with the bwra, and i am certain a solution is there as far as putting a time on it all :)

am led to beleive that if i breed my first whippet xgreyhound cross back too a greyhound, the off spring wont be allowed too register, under the new bwra rule, BUT if any of the offspring fall below 32lb, the bwra rule states whippets must be whippet like,and recognisable as a whippet,,,,rule 1 in bwra book,,,,,,,,,,
and if the off spring fall below 32lb, no one can say there not off whippet like,,,,,,,,,,AND THEY MUST BE ALLOWED TO REGISTER,,,,

If the breeding rule applies tho according to the ped they won't be recognised as whippet they'll be recognised as more greyhound like (as some are now by the naked eye) ........ i have to say whippet like in appearance may need to be looked at too i see where your coming from ;) that quote in itself has left things wide open as everyones opinions on whippet like in appearance or greyhound like in appearance can differ somewhat :p

If the breeding rule applies tho according to the ped they won't be recognised as whippet they'll be recognised as more greyhound like (as some are now by the naked eye) ........ i have to say whippet like in appearance may need to be looked at too i see where your coming from ;) that quote in itself has left things wide open as everyones opinions on whippet like in appearance or greyhound like in appearance can differ somewhat :p
i agree with you that the rule can be pulled in ither direction by different people, but that rule of whippet type must be one of the longest standing rule within the organisation, that rule alone decides if a dog is eligibble to run or not,,,,,so do you think we should scrap that rule and go by the paper pedigree of a dog,,which can be abused,,,,,,it really dosen,t matter wot it says on paper, if the dog looks like a whippet, we have too let it run, and we must contiue to do so untill that rule is removed,,,,and as we,r all in the game of racing a type of dog that falls inbetween to regonized breeds, whippet greyhound, and if we do remove that rule, i think it would be the worst thing to do

the ped,s have never regonised,,,,bwra type whippet as whippets,,,,,,,so let,s not bring them into it,,,,,i think what navara is saying,is with this new breeding rule,,,is the foundation rule of the bwra now under attack ????

dont take me the wrong way peopl, am not taking sides , all i want is wots best for our sport,,most peopl want to reduce the amount of greyhound blood in our sport,and i understand that, but i also beleive we have went about it the wrong way,,,because there is too many loops holes,as someone pointed out in a ealier post, the more you look into this breeding rule the more you start too see it wont work, imo,the only rule i can see working and i think you will all agree, is the cap rule, the cap rule alone will reduce the amount off whippets being outcrossed, but have we all went too far down the road with this breeding rule, that we are now starting too relise that at the present time is un workable, but lets not rule it out in the future,,

I agree whole heartedly --

I find it unbelievable it is the same minority of racers who never took any notice of Paul Jennings warning still trying to say that the rest of us should change to thier way of thinking----

For the last six years they have ample time and opportunity to change--choosing to just please themselves---

I am still of the opinion Kickboards should not be used but have had to accept -majority decision

its has been voted on give it a chance ---

lots of things that governments get wrong but as a demorcratic system is in operation we all have to adhere to even though we may not like it.

I also think if the BWRA Comiittee do not implement this vote there will be more people upset and having a view on it--

was the vote two to one?

steve

AND IF YOU DONT STAND UP AND ASK FOR TIME TO REGISTER YOUR PUP THEN WHAT AS ALL THAT WORK BEEN FOR .

I LIVE IN HASTINGS MY NEAREST TRINING TRACK OR CLUB IS 70 MILES AWAY SO I SPEND ABOUT 50 POUND A WEEK JUST ON TRANING THE SAME ON FOOD AND SUPLEMENTS NOW IM TOLD BY SOME TO GET RID AND START AGAIN BECAUSE WE DONT LIKE YOUR BREEDING

WELL IM PASSONATE ABOUT MY DOGS AND WONT BE TOLD THAT I CANT RUN MY PUPS THAT I BRED TO THE RULES .SORRY THEY HAVE BEEN CHANGED

GARY

GARY
:( I can see were your coming from Gary, I've had to go as far as Highgate to even get near a track, :( Lets just say these pups never get registered and have the chance to race, all the peoples dogs that win this year won't be able to say that their dogs are the best or the fastest, WHEN THE LIKES of OUR DOGS HAVEN'T BEEN GIVEN THE CHANCE TO PROVE WHAT THEY CAN DO. :eek: in other words, the fastest might not of been given the chance to shine. ;)

:thumbsup: Gary we'll just have to go lurcher racing in stead, I'll see you on the start line my friend, along with all the other pups that couldn't be registered. :thumbsup: Di

I agree whole heartedly --

I find it unbelievable it is the same minority of racers who never took any notice of Paul Jennings warning still trying to say that the rest of us should change to thier way of thinking----

For the last six years they have ample time and opportunity to change--choosing to just please themselves---

I am still of the opinion Kickboards should not be used but have had to accept -majority decision

its has been voted on give it a chance ---

lots of things that governments get wrong but as a demorcratic system is in operation we all have to adhere to even though we may not like it.

I also think if the BWRA Comiittee do not implement this vote there will be more people upset and having a view on it--

was the vote two to one?

steve
how many times do i need to say this i am all for giving the new rules chance to work even tho i dont agree with it and honestly dont think the breeding proposal will work all i am asking for is a bit of common sence regarding the start date of the proposal.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back