The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Bwra Ruling

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
You may psml . But it seems more or less every one agrees with what I've said lol

STRANGE THAT

UNDER THE NEW RULING YOU CANT PUT A 1/4 GREYHOUND TO A GREYHOUND BECAUSE YOU SAY THE PUPS WILL BE 5/8 GREYHOUND WHICH IN SOME PEOPLES OPINION IS TO MUCH

BUT IT IS OK TO PUT A 3/4 TO A 1/2 WHICH TO MY RECONING CREATES THE SAME CROSS 5/8 GREYHOUND

A QUICK WORKOUT TO MAKE IT EASY TO SEE

I WILL SPLIT INTO FRACTIONS FOR YOU

A GREYHOUND IS 8/8 A QUARTER BRED IS 2/8 =10/8 DIVIDED BY TWO IS 5/8

A 3/4 IS 6/8 A HALF IS 4/8 =10/8 DIVIDED BY TWO IS 5/8

SO IT IS THE SAME BUT ONE PUP CAN REGISTER THE OTHER CAN NOT

GARY

all that is needed is comon sence over the time allowence :( if this is done it will be fair play to all then the rule could be looked at again next time when proposals are due :) if it works good :p if it dosnt it can be changed surly its now to be left to the committee regarding dates to be set gary farmer seems to be taking the brunt of this but he wasnt the one who bred the litter thats causing this :) :b not getting at you graham but making jokes isnt the answer neither is legal talk mate. hope lessons have been learned it is just turning people ahgainst each other it has to be given a chance as its been voted in so just let the committee do there jobs im glad im not on the bwra its a case of the devil you do :D why is it that its mainly when the bends are on we get the crap :b well its simple if we used whippet traps at all events on bends this wouldnt be happening now tony cooper sugested it years ago at the time i thought why :unsure: but now see it was a solution to the lott.

all that is needed is comon sence over the time allowence :( if this is done it will be fair play to all then the rule could be looked at again next time when proposals are due :) if it works good :p if it dosnt it can be changed surly its now to be left to the committee regarding dates to be set gary farmer seems to be taking the brunt of this but he wasnt the one who bred the litter thats causing this :) :b not getting at you graham but making jokes isnt the answer neither is legal talk mate. hope lessons have been learned it is just turning people ahgainst each other it has to be given a chance as its been voted in so just let the committee do there jobs im glad im not on the bwra its a case of the devil you do :D why is it that its mainly when the bends are on we get the crap :b well its simple if we used whippet traps at all events on bends this wouldnt be happening now tony cooper sugested it years ago at the time i thought why :unsure: but now see it was a solution to the lott.
dont agree gary and i will take whatever action i deem fit to get my opinion across and will not be told by anyone what i can or cant do sorry but thats how i feel.

its about time you spoke up thought that would gat ya :p but to be honest dont think you will need to most agree regarding setting a date on it graham

Hi Gary

I don't particularly want to get involved in this debate but your comment on here that Tony Cooper said that all racers must be able to fit in to standard whippet racing traps is correct. In 2007, I was the BWRA Secretary and was therefore responsible for doing the adverts for the BWRA Opens.

In those adverts it stated that all whippets must be able to fit in to standard whippet racing traps. When those adverts appeared I personally took the brunt of peoples anger and some even accused me of deliberately picking on owners of the larger dogs.

Those members would not accept that it was a rule that had been agreed on after Tony had brought it up, and also when Paul Jennings was chairman he strongly advised owners to start breeding down size.

I believe that ignoring the advice given at the time is what has brought us to the situation we are in now, so sad that whippet racer is against whippet racer when after all we want the same thing, and that is to run our dogs.

By the way one of the adverts with this rule in is the BWRA Bend Championships in 2007 back page of March 2007 issue.

I do hope this messy problem can be sorted out before the first BWRA National Event takes place

Again I wish to stress that I do not have any strong opinions either way on this issue.

Great Respect To All Whippet Racers

Doreen

all that is needed is comon sence over the time allowence :( if this is done it will be fair play to all then the rule could be looked at again next time when proposals are due :) if it works good :p if it dosnt it can be changed surly its now to be left to the committee regarding dates to be set gary farmer seems to be taking the brunt of this but he wasnt the one who bred the litter thats causing this :) :b not getting at you graham but making jokes isnt the answer neither is legal talk mate. hope lessons have been learned it is just turning people ahgainst each other it has to be given a chance as its been voted in so just let the committee do there jobs im glad im not on the bwra its a case of the devil you do :D why is it that its mainly when the bends are on we get the crap :b well its simple if we used whippet traps at all events on bends this wouldnt be happening now tony cooper sugested it years ago at the time i thought why :unsure: but now see it was a solution to the lott.[/quote

Last edited by a moderator:
STRANGE THAT UNDER THE NEW RULING YOU CANT PUT A 1/4 GREYHOUND TO A GREYHOUND BECAUSE YOU SAY THE PUPS WILL BE 5/8 GREYHOUND WHICH IN SOME PEOPLES OPINION IS TO MUCH

BUT IT IS OK TO PUT A 3/4 TO A 1/2 WHICH TO MY RECONING CREATES THE SAME CROSS 5/8 GREYHOUND

GARY
If we ignore the fact that there is no such thing as a genetic 5/8s cross ( there's independant assortment of chromatids in meisosis ) you would be correct. However since you can't really ignore how breeding actually works the example is somewhat meaningless.

How many 3/4ghd 1/4 whippets will there be in 10yrs time once the effect of not being able to register such dogs takes effect? Similarly where's the market for such pups going to be once racers realise you can't race 55lb+ dogs anymore? What are the chances of the 55lb limit being further reduced now the cat is out of the bag and a majority has voted against ghd size dogs running at whippet events?

I AGREE TONY WITH WHAT YOU SAYING BUT THIS PROPOSAL ALSO EXCLUDES GREAT STUD DOGS THAT HAVE PROVEN THAT THEY CAN PRODUCE TO GREYHOUNDS AND THROW SMALL

TWO BECOME ONE SPRINGS TO MIND 19LB 9 TITLES A DOG THAT I HAVE BEEN PROUD TO USE AND SO WOULD MANY OTHERS

HIS PUP STAG POSSESSED ALSO THROWS SMALL TO A GREYHOUND RUBY MURRAY AND NOW I HAVE TWO BITCHES FROM HIM THAT ARE 21 AND 23LB FROM WADDLE OFF

AND I HAVE TWO PUPS FROM HIM FROM BALLY SPOT BOTH 27LB THATS BREEDING

SO I FEEL THAT IT IS UNFARE FOR PEOPLE TO SAY I JUST BREED FOR BIG DOGS . BUT I DO LIKE A SRATCH DOG AND NEVER HAD ONE OVER THE 55LB LIMIT

GARY

I AGREE TONY WITH WHAT YOU SAYING BUT THIS PROPOSAL ALSO EXCLUDES GREAT STUD DOGS THAT HAVE PROVEN THAT THEY CAN PRODUCE TO GREYHOUNDS AND THROW SMALLTWO BECOME ONE SPRINGS TO MIND 19LB 9 TITLES A DOG THAT I HAVE BEEN PROUD TO USE AND SO WOULD MANY OTHERS

HIS PUP STAG POSSESSED ALSO THROWS SMALL TO A GREYHOUND RUBY MURRAY AND NOW I HAVE TWO BITCHES FROM HIM THAT ARE 21 AND 23LB FROM WADDLE OFF

AND I HAVE TWO PUPS FROM HIM FROM BALLY SPOT BOTH 27LB THATS BREEDING

SO I FEEL THAT IT IS UNFARE FOR PEOPLE TO SAY I JUST BREED FOR BIG DOGS . BUT I DO LIKE A SRATCH DOG AND NEVER HAD ONE OVER THE 55LB LIMIT

GARY
I agree that it does exclude good stud dogs going to ghds as you show in your post and it was for that reason that I voted against the proposal. My view was and still is that the restriction on lining to ghds should apply to the No Limit class only. Who cares how much ghd breeding there is in a whippet if it weighs less than 40lb.

THAT SOUNDS VERY FAIR TONY

BUT PEOPLE SHOULD STILL HAVE TIME TO REGISTER PUPS ALREADY BRED BEFORE THE RULLING CAME INTO PLAY

AS NO RULE WERE BROKEN AT THE TIME OF MATING

GARY :D ;)

STRANGE THAT UNDER THE NEW RULING YOU CANT PUT A 1/4 GREYHOUND TO A GREYHOUND BECAUSE YOU SAY THE PUPS WILL BE 5/8 GREYHOUND WHICH IN SOME PEOPLES OPINION IS TO MUCH

GARY
If we ignore the fact that there is no such thing as a genetic 5/8s cross ( there's independant assortment of chromatids in meisosis ) you would be correct. However since you can't really ignore how breeding actually works the example is somewhat meaningless.

How many 3/4ghd 1/4 whippets will there be in 10yrs time once the effect of not being able to register such dogs takes effect? Similarly where's the market for such pups going to be once racers realise you can't race 55lb+ dogs anymore? What are the chances of the 55lb limit being further reduced now the cat is out of the bag and a majority has voted against ghd size dogs running at whippet events?
Been breeding 3/4 tp 3/4,and 3/4 to 1/2, for 30 years now,and only ever had one that went over 55lb.Had one go 52lb,and a power house of a bitch,who went 51lb,and only measured 23 TTS.Probibly fastest bitch i ever had,(and looked like nowt)but got inured when she stooped to pick up a rabbit in the beam.She won every heat of the unders in Chatsworth,by several lengths to 7/8,in one.Only to get away from the lad who was to slip her in the final,and come running out through the bystanders, to the big tree, where i was ,with her brother,who had recieved a career ending injury,in the final of the over 23s,whilst 2 lenghts in front of rest..Recon she'd have won that final by a fare few lengths,as she was way quicker than the rest.That was after getting beaten by her wee sister(who was only 26lb, in the semi final of the simulated coursing,just before the straight racing.These was from a litter brother of Cornish Bob,(to a 5/8 bitch)who i bought from Cornish lads.He was over 60lb.Who says w/g can't stay.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back