The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Bwra Ruling

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Well call me thick :lol: but it took me till it came onto k9 and was explained more plainly to grasp the meaning of the propsal

I think theres been quite alot of people confussed by it too.

Ive had over 2 months of phone calls off gary farmer too -_-

I

This is how the new ruling will work, I'll give you a example.
1 Pennysworth came out of a greyhound x Sugar Fire, so when I breed with her she can't be put back to a full greyhound for 2 generations :thumbsup:

2 So lets say I use Avit :thumbsup: I keep a pup out of this mating and I name her Echo, she cant be bred to a full greyhound also :thumbsup:

3 So now I want to breed with Echo, she can't be put back to a full greyhound, so I decide to use Dennis the Menace, I keep a bitch out of this mating, and I name Sally.

4 I decide to breed with Sally and put her back to a full greyhound :thumbsup:

Anyone who can't follow this simple example shouldn't be thinking of beeding a litter :teehee:

Geoff

Tony please read carefully

graham

Last edited by a moderator:
Well call me thick :lol: but it took me till it came onto k9 and was explained more plainly to grasp the meaning of the propsal

I
Dont worry dont think it's you being thick....................maybe cos it was written in a nottingham x newcastle dialect that makes it hard for people to understand :D :clown:

chris

I
The crux of the matter is Dee that those who voted knew the meaning of it

Proposal
" 2) Breeders to continue to outcross to greyhounds but after an outcross progeny may not be out crossed to another greyhound for two generations. This would be done by not allowing the registration of puppies for racing if they fall within these criteria. As with all things in whippet racing this would be dependent on the integrity of members. "

would read better

2) Breeders to continue to outcross to greyhounds but, after an outcross, progeny may not be out crossed to another greyhound for two generations. This would be done by not allowing the registration of puppies for racing if they fall within these criteria. As with all things in whippet racing this would be dependent on the integrity of members.

This would mean 1/2 whippet 1/2 ghd cannot be crossed with a ghd and

3/4 whippet 1/4 ghd cannot be crossed with a ghd but

7/8 whippet 1/8 ghd can be crossed with a ghd.

lack of punctuation does make interpretation more difficult but it can't mean anything different in any case.

Obviously the proposal only prevents registration of pups bred from a ghd parent and does not prevent pups of whippet/ghd hybrid crosses being registered.

My view is that both the 55lb weight cap and this proposal is unfair if its implemented retrospectively. All dogs already registered should be allowed to run . Futhermore advance notice of the date from which the proposal is to come into effect should have been made part of the proposal so that matings already taken place and pups already born be allowed chance to be registered and run in the same way as those dogs already registered. My view is that pups born after March 1st 2009 come under the new rule and pups born before that date run under the old rules.

Futhermore the proposal above ( ie 2) Breeders to continue to outcross to greyhounds but after an outcross progeny may not be out crossed to another greyhound for two generations. This would be done by not allowing the registration of puppies for racing if they fall within these criteria. As with all things in whippet racing this would be dependent on the integrity of members.) should only apply to dogs running in the No Limit. It doesn't really matter how much ghd is in the breeding if the dog is under 40lb in any case.
Thankyou for that clarificationj Tony, you didnt happen to be a english teacher in a former life was you?? :D

Maybe all these thoughts about how our prosposal should have been altered should have been suggested at an early date i.e when it was first put forward as a proposal. Have you Tony, or indeed anyone on K9 have any idea how sh*t it feels for marie and I listening to you all bleating on.

Tony, it's a shame you withdrew your extensive proposal at the reps meeting cos you could now be taking the flak that marie and I are now having to endure. The same applies to anyone else who has thought about attempting to rectify this problem, but didn't write such a proposal.

There were 123 people who voted the proposal in, surely not all those people misunderstood or voted for something they either didnt understand or wanted changing before agreeing to it.

chris

The proposal is now public and it isn't relevant who actually made the proposal. What is relevant is how it will affect whippet racing. It's not my intention to upset the proposer and to be honest I don't hold her accountable but there's little chance of me or anyone else not discussing this out of sympathy.

Whether certain racers like the proposal or not it has been voted in by a majority and and as such ought to be enforced. the problem seems to be the lack of clarity among members and committee alike as to what exactly is to be enforced.

There's a number of errors in your post ( even if we ignore the "English" :) I didn't withdraw my proposal. The problems associated with this were pointed out at the reps meeting. While I could say I told you so it really wouldn't help. We need a bangheadagainstabrickwall smilie

1 Pennysworth came out of a greyhound x Sugar Fire, so when I breed with her she can't be put back to a full greyhound for 2 generations :thumbsup:

2 So lets say I use Avit :thumbsup: I keep a pup out of this mating and I name her Echo, she cant be bred to a full greyhound also :thumbsup:

3 So now I want to breed with Echo, she can't be put back to a full greyhound, so I decide to use Dennis the Menace, I keep a bitch out of this mating, and I name Sally.

Anyone who can't follow this simple example shouldn't be thinking of beeding a litter :teehee:

Geoff

graham
I can follow his example but that isn't what the proposal says even if it's what you meant.

Geoff

graham
I can follow his example but that isn't what the proposal says even if it's what you meant.

why tony what does it mean?????

graham

Chris, your out of order attacking Tony's post. It's obvious that not everyone understands what you can and cannot line because even the BWRA aren't being consistent in their responses. Both me, Tony and others have took time out to try and show how the rule works and we're only doing this in support of Marie's proposal.

There are people against the proposal who are using this thread as a means to demonstrate the proposal isn't workable, convince enough folk and you'll get enough signatures to hold an egm and overturn a ruling.

For the record, Tony's proposal wasn't retracted as has already been explained. However I can't help but feel his proposal (or rather his suggestions within his proposal) might of caused less argument because he made allowances. However it seems that making ammendments to proposals is a minefield and this is probably why no ammendment was made with marie's. Whilst it's common sense, it's difficult to prevail in a world of beurocracy.

Proposal
" 2) Breeders to continue to outcross to greyhounds but after an outcross progeny may not be out crossed to another greyhound for two generations. This would be done by not allowing the registration of puppies for racing if they fall within these criteria. As with all things in whippet racing this would be dependent on the integrity of members. "

would read better

2) Breeders to continue to outcross to greyhounds but, after an outcross, progeny may not be out crossed to another greyhound for two generations. This would be done by not allowing the registration of puppies for racing if they fall within these criteria. As with all things in whippet racing this would be dependent on the integrity of members.

This would mean 1/2 whippet 1/2 ghd cannot be crossed with a ghd and

3/4 whippet 1/4 ghd cannot be crossed with a ghd but

7/8 whippet 1/8 ghd can be crossed with a ghd.

lack of punctuation does make interpretation more difficult but it can't mean anything different in any case.

Obviously the proposal only prevents registration of pups bred from a ghd parent and does not prevent pups of whippet/ghd hybrid crosses being registered.

My view is that both the 55lb weight cap and this proposal is unfair if its implemented retrospectively. All dogs already registered should be allowed to run . Futhermore advance notice of the date from which the proposal is to come into effect should have been made part of the proposal so that matings already taken place and pups already born be allowed chance to be registered and run in the same way as those dogs already registered. My view is that pups born after March 1st 2009 come under the new rule and pups born before that date run under the old rules.

Futhermore the proposal above ( ie 2) Breeders to continue to outcross to greyhounds but after an outcross progeny may not be out crossed to another greyhound for two generations. This would be done by not allowing the registration of puppies for racing if they fall within these criteria. As with all things in whippet racing this would be dependent on the integrity of members.) should only apply to dogs running in the No Limit. It doesn't really matter how much ghd is in the breeding if the dog is under 40lb in any case.
Thankyou for that clarificationj Tony, you didnt happen to be a english teacher in a former life was you?? :D

Maybe all these thoughts about how our prosposal should have been altered should have been suggested at an early date i.e when it was first put forward as a proposal. Have you Tony, or indeed anyone on K9 have any idea how sh*t it feels for marie and I listening to you all bleating on.

Tony, it's a shame you withdrew your extensive proposal at the reps meeting cos you could now be taking the flak that marie and I are now having to endure. The same applies to anyone else who has thought about attempting to rectify this problem, but didn't write such a proposal.

There were 123 people who voted the proposal in, surely not all those people misunderstood or voted for something they either didnt understand or wanted changing before agreeing to it.

chris

The proposal is now public and it isn't relevant who actually made the proposal. What is relevant is how it will affect whippet racing. It's not my intention to upset the proposer and to be honest I don't hold her accountable but there's little chance of me or anyone else not discussing this out of sympathy.

Whether certain racers like the proposal or not it has been voted in by a majority and and as such ought to be enforced. the problem seems to be the lack of clarity among members and committee alike as to what exactly is to be enforced.

There's a number of errors in your post ( even if we ignore the 2 English" :) I didn't withdraw my proposal. The problems associated with this were pointed out at the reps meeting. While I could say I told you so it really wouldn't help. We need a bangheadagainstabrickwall smilie
Why would you say " I told you so?" :unsure: Tony, god bless you for pointing out my posts failings, I can always rely on you to point out the right way to think and be. Thankyou.

P.S maybe you need to get foam covered walls.

chris

Chris, your out of order attacking Tony's post. It's obvious that not everyone understands what you can and cannot line because even the BWRA aren't being consistent in their responses. Both me, Tony and others have took time out to try and show how the rule works and we're only doing this in support of Marie's proposal.
There are people against the proposal who are using this thread as a means to demonstrate the proposal isn't workable, convince enough folk and you'll get enough signatures to hold an egm and overturn a ruling.

For the record, Tony's proposal wasn't retracted as has already been explained. However I can't help but feel his proposal (or rather his suggestions within his proposal) might of caused less argument because he made allowances. However it seems that making ammendments to proposals is a minefield and this is probably why no ammendment was made with marie's. Whilst it's common sense, it's difficult to prevail in a world of beurocracy.
Sorry Jac, I dont agree.

chris

Geoff

graham

graham
2) Breeders to continue to outcross to greyhounds but after an outcross progeny may not be out crossed to another greyhound for two generations. This would be done by not allowing the registration of puppies for racing if they fall within these criteria. As with all things in whippet racing this would be dependent on the integrity of members.

progeny [proj-in-ee]

Noun

pl -nies

1. offspring; descendants

2. an outcome [Latin progenies lineage]

Collins Essential English Dictionary 2nd Edition 2006 © HarperCollins Publishers 2004, 2006

generation

Noun

1. all the people of approximately the same age: the younger generation

2. a successive stage in descent of people or animals: passed on from generation to generation

3. the average time between two generations of a species, about 35 years for humans: an alliance which has lasted a generation

4. a specified stage of development: the next generation of fighter aircraft

5. production, esp. of electricity or heat

Collins Essential English Dictionary 2nd Edition 2006 © HarperCollins Publishers 2004, 2006

the first generation progeny must be the 1/2 whippet 1/2 ghd. The 1/2 whippet 1/2 ghd cannot be generation zero.

Why would you say " I told you so?" :unsure: Tony, god bless you for pointing out my posts failings, I can always rely on you to point out the right way to think and be. Thankyou.P.S maybe you need to get foam covered walls.

chris
I've pointed out factual errors only. Would you like to demonstrate how I've pointed out how you or anyone else ought to think or be?

Before everyone gets a bit hot under the collar,can I just say that K9 does not hold the full voting membership of the BWRA,and ok some on here have not understood fully the proposal,but to say all the 100 and odd people who voted for this proposal did not know what they were voting for,I believe is wrong and a bit insulting to the membership.I think on the whole the cofusion has arisen from there not being any dates,but not from the actual proposal.

Why would you say " I told you so?" :unsure: Tony, god bless you for pointing out my posts failings, I can always rely on you to point out the right way to think and be. Thankyou.P.S maybe you need to get foam covered walls.

chris
I've pointed out factual errors only. Would you like to demonstrate how I've pointed out how you or anyone else ought to think or be?
Constantly Tony, usually using words which befuddle me. So a demonstration will not be forthcoming on K9. I will however discuss it with you face to face. :D

chris

Geoff

graham

graham
2) Breeders to continue to outcross to greyhounds but after an outcross progeny may not be out crossed to another greyhound for two generations. This would be done by not allowing the registration of puppies for racing if they fall within these criteria. As with all things in whippet racing this would be dependent on the integrity of members.

progeny [proj-in-ee]

Noun

pl -nies

1. offspring; descendants

2. an outcome [Latin progenies lineage]

generation

Noun

1. all the people of approximately the same age: the younger generation

2. a successive stage in descent of people or animals: passed on from generation to generation

3. the average time between two generations of a species, about 35 years for humans: an alliance which has lasted a generation

4. a specified stage of development: the next generation of fighter aircraft

5. production, esp. of electricity or heat

the first generation progeny must be the 1/2 whippet 1/2 ghd. The 1/2 whippet 1/2 ghd cannot be generation zero.
yes have to agree the 1st cross as got to be the 1st generation

What ur saying is if i mated a grey with a sulki,,,,the offspring would be 1/2 grey 1/2 sulki which would then be 1st generation

so if there,s to be a 2 generation gap,,,,,,then u cant cross a 1/2 cross whip x grey with a 1/2 cross whip x grey ,,,???????????????????????????????

u know somthing,,,,,i personally hate this rule,,,,,,,,maybe cos iam not getting it,,,i.e thick lol

non ped,,,s excactly what it says on the lable ( pardon the punn )

i just want to race my non ped whippet,,,and if i breed,,not to worry about ,how i breed as long as i get a smooth coat whippet like apperance ,,and fall under the weight gap specified

( PAY MY ENTRY, PUT DOG MUZZEL AND JACKET ON ,,AND PUT DOG INCORRECT WEIGHT CLASS )

I WAS NOT THERE WHEN GREYHOUND WAS PUT TO MANCHESTER TERRIER,,OR OTHER LONG LEGGED TERRIER,,,,,,SO I DONT KNOW THE CORRECT SIZE OF THE 1ST WHIPPET WAS,,,,,WEATHER IT BE GREYHOUND SIZE OR TERRIER SIZE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ALL I KNOW IS WE CROSS TO GREYHOUND MAKING US NON PED RACERS

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back