The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Litter

billyboy45

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
1st one,is of Tara not realy knowing what's going on with her back end.But 6 hour's later and she was beginning to find out.She went into labour sometime yesterday evening,started pushing at 1am,had her 1st pup at almost 4am,and her last at 10.30ish.The 8th pup was born dead,but the other 9 are doing great,as is mum. 2 red fawn,1 red brindle,1dark brindle,and 5 silvery blue brindles.6 dog's 3 bitches.

Taraspupsborn071007002.jpg

Taraspupsborn071007001.jpg

Taraspupsborn071007003.jpg

Taraspupsborn071007005.jpg

img

:wub: gorguse puppys ,she looks a bit cramped in that box thou billy you not got anything bigger for her to stretch out in :cheers:

awwww lovely your making me broody ,but ive got another couple of weeks to wait for mine :huggles: ,question ,is it better to give them a box to stretch out in ,i do have one if needed

Good luck with them Billy :thumbsup:

Congratulations what a beautiful litter :thumbsup:

wonderfull pics Tara looks very well after her ordeal well done

sue

nicky12 said:
:wub: gorguse puppys ,she looks a bit cramped in that box thou billy you not got anything bigger for her to stretch out in  :cheers:
Will post another pic later,to show you just how big that bed is.The shed is over 4 feet wide,and the way i do it is,that the front board is adjustable.That shed was purpose built for welping bitches.If you look close you will see the ledges,all around tyhe bed.They are 4 inches high,and come out over 2 inches.The pup's can get in there,but the bitch cant.Therefore it almost eliminate's the chance of her lying on or squashing a pup against the side.If Tara was to turn around and lay the other way,she would have an spare 1n1/2 feet.As the pup's grow,so does the bed.Right up to 8x4n1/2ft.Ido see where you thought there was no room though,as it does look that way in the pic.Its because the pup,s are under the heating lamp,so Tara is just staying as close as she can get to them.Every time i go in the shed ,she wrap;s herself up around them.Am feeding them with lamb's milk too,just to give her a pull out,so they should grow pretty strong quickly. ...Billy...

billyboy45 said:
nicky12 said:
:wub: gorguse puppys ,she looks a bit cramped in that box thou billy you not got anything bigger for her to stretch out in  :cheers:
Will post another pic later,to show you just how big that bed is.The shed is over 4 feet wide,and the way i do it is,that the front board is adjustable.That shed was purpose built for welping bitches.If you look close you will see the ledges,all around tyhe bed.They are 4 inches high,and come out over 2 inches.The pup's can get in there,but the bitch cant.Therefore it almost eliminate's the chance of her lying on or squashing a pup against the side.If Tara was to turn around and lay the other way,she would have an spare 1n1/2 feet.As the pup's grow,so does the bed.Right up to 8x4n1/2ft.Ido see where you thought there was no room though,as it does look that way in the pic.Its because the pup,s are under the heating lamp,so Tara is just staying as close as she can get to them.Every time i go in the shed ,she wrap;s herself up around them.Am feeding them with lamb's milk too,just to give her a pull out,so they should grow pretty strong quickly. ...Billy...

pups look great billy good luck with them we spoke at the end of the tullylish show hope you remember looking forward to you doing my dogs pics next year :thumbsup:

Looks like you're gonna be busy Billy :lol: Glad everything went OK,sorry you lost one,but the others look in fine fettle :D Karen

Glad you had such a good litter Billy ! I remember how suprised you were when I told you I had her mated so early, but obviously we got it `spot on`!

Looks like there will be plenty of racing strength in the Shows over the next number of years ! What do you think they will turn out like, Unders or Overs ?

Regards.

Lovely looking babies Billy :wub: :wub: :wub: Doesnt Tara look proud???? :thumbsup: You are certainly going to be kept busy overseeing that little lot!! :D

Got an bit of a shock this morning,when i went out to feed the pup's with the bottle.As usual,i would feed one,and put it to the side,as they all look alike,especialy the blue brindle's.Again as usual,i got to No 9,and seen that one of the pup's however ,had made it back to mum,and was sucking away.Greedy little so n so,i thought,so i started puting the rest back over to her,one at a time.It was when i had counted to 9,that it struck me,summit was'nt right here.Tara had pupped another pup,in the middle of the night,so now ive 10. 6 dog's, 4 bitches,and all doing just fine.Jagged Tara with a calcium injection,to prevent Eclampsia,and an antibiotic injection,in case there might be a bit of afterbirth left in her,as they did'nt all come out with each pup.Almost lost a bitch one time because of this.

Martin Tucker said:
Glad you had such a good litter Billy ! I remember how suprised you were when I told you I had her mated so early, but obviously we got it `spot on`!
Looks like there will be plenty of racing strength in the Shows over the next number of years ! What do you think they will turn out like, Unders or Overs ?

Regards.

Hi Martin.Was gona ring you,only i could'nt find the number.Well done Wee Ernie.I recon they should all be under's Martin,although i am gona work on a couple to see what i can do with them.Ive proved before,that calcium is a big factor in rearing a pup,and the ability of the body to be able to use the calcium.Reared a pup on wild Goat's milk one time.Which is way better than captive goat's milk.He was the runt of the litter,and ended up 24 inches,as to his sibling's, where the biggest finished up at 21.This pup got the milk till he was 8 month's old.Scruff.Megan's pup,was jagged daily,with calciject,after he broke his metacarpel's,and ended up 26,inches.Megan is 22n3/4,and his dad was the same.Ordinarily,they should all be under's,and little flyer's,but they have to reach that age yet.Have a few booked already mate.

Best of luck with them Billy and I`ll look forward to seeing them all run in the future.

Regards.

Cant believe that the pup's have over doubled their birth weight in less than 48 hour's,24 for one of them.They have taken to the bottle ,like duck's to water,and it will be interesting to see how the weight goes on,as opposed to Pyper Pyper n Trouble litter,who did'nt need it.Am getting their Due claw's removed tomorrow.Tara is improving in her motherly instinct's,and looking well.This is what she will be getting every day,from now till they are weaned.

Taraspupsborn071007007.jpg

Taraspupsborn071007008.jpg

Beautiful mummy Tara :)) and gorgeous little pups!!! but yes that box looks a bit small although you say its not but maybe she could do with something soft at her back and to lye on like some pillows or something? :blink:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back