The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Litter

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Ok.An update on Tara,and pup's.Pup's now 3 day's old,and doing fine.As for Tara's bed,i think it is big enough,at the moment,and will grow with the flow.As you can see,there is plenty of room for her to stretch out.It's entirely up to her ,which way she lay's.As for a pillow,how long would it last.Think this nice soft carpet is sufficiant for now.

Taraspupsborn071007010.jpg

Taraspupsborn071007009.jpg

Great looking pups :wub: Billy 45 :thumbsup: I love reading your posts Billy :thumbsup: I find them both knowledgable and entertaining :thumbsup:

And some of your photos are breath taking :thumbsup: and if you say in your post that these pups will be under 23" thats good enough for me :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to a week by week update of the pups :thumbsup: with photos :thumbsup:

By the way Billy could you put a photo of the one which you think is going to be the best one in the litter ie the fastest one :thumbsup: also Billy which one from your previous litter did you predict to be the fastest one?

Jayne

Last edited by a moderator:
:cheers: Congratulations on your new additions - they look gorgeous :wub: :wub: :wub: big hugs and kisses from us :huggles:

nettle said:
Great looking pups :wub: Billy 45 :thumbsup: I love reading your posts Billy :thumbsup: I find them both knowledgable and entertaining  :thumbsup: And some of your photos are breath taking :thumbsup: and if you say in your post that these pups will be under 23" thats good enough for me :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to a week by week update of the pups :thumbsup: with photos :thumbsup:

By the way Billy could you put a photo of the one which you think is going to be the best one in the litter ie the fastest one :thumbsup: also Billy which one from your previous litter did you predict to be the fastest one?

Jayne

Dont think i did predict to anyone ,which pup out of the last litter would be the quickest.In my own mind,it was Stern,who went to Linda and Keith Palmer.One thing about this that i do remember though,was saying at a later stage, that i had a sneaky feeling i was wrong,as Trouble,who was then called Charmed,had shown me summit in the field,that opened my eye's.Now ,to date,Stern is the only one to have a racing championship,to his name,which leave's me partly right.On the other hand,Trouble at 8n1/2 month's of age,and at her first ever racing event,ran 3 run's,winning her heat,semi,and only got beat by 4n1/2 length's,in the final by Tori,who was crowned 4 nation's and ireland's fastest lurcher.Going by the result's and distances of that day,she was going to be a force to be reconed with.Colt beat Ellie Star by over 4 length's,Tori beat Colt by Two,and beat Trouble by 4n1/2,over the same distance,but a different venue.If Trouble has made a full recovery,which is very doubtful,we will see next year just how quick she is.As for picking one from this litter of 10.I would'nt even try. Have my eye on 2 of the silvery blue brindle though.Before you ask why i sold what i thought would be the quickest in the litter.Simple.If he turned out a racing champion,over in england,then i was well and truly back on the map,at my 1st attempt.Also,knowing that he could not have been going to a better home than where he went was a big bonus,as i hold the Palmer's in very high regard,as far as caring ,training ,and racing goes.Hope this has answerd all. Will be taking individual pix tonight. ...Billy...

May 12 2007, 09:09 PM Post #5

Grand Master

Group: K9 Members

Member No.: 10,248

(quote billyboy45)

See the thing is,i was with john today,and i thought he was looking for one over here.Another thing is ,ive only been wrong once as to what is going over in a litter ,and what wasnt.and ive kept raced worked,and bred whippet/greyhound's for over 20 years.Ive also picked the fastest of all my litter's at birth,and have been right each time.That is why ive been asked along on many an occasion,to help people pic greyhond pup's.Dont get me wrong ,im not perfect,no one is.But John has absolutely no experience with whippetxgreyhound's,and all i am doing is offering my help in picking a pup if he happened to come on a litter over here,as some people tell you what they want you to here,and i do think almost 25 years of as i say breeding racing and working count for something,when it come's to picking a pup.Ive picked an Oak's winner at 8 weeks old,and a North West Dearby winner,at 3 month's.Now that aint bad.So sorry if i seemed a bit patronizing ,but there is no breeder's over here ,and as John never stated where he was looking for a pup from,yes maybe i did jump the gun a little.But hey,only to be of help.It is so easy to jump the gun,and go for someone's jugular isnt it. Youre's in sport . Billy... PS.Might just give him a pup myself,out of Megan n maybe Hellbound,Sugar Daddy,or Magical Dreams.Then he would be sure of a flyer.

(unquote )

I only asked you to put a photograph of the pup that you think will be the fastest in this litter Billy,because I remembered reading this very interesting post,and it stuck in my head ie.I can pick the fastest one at birth.

Please don't disappoint your followers Billy,and put a picture of the one you think is going to be the fastest :thumbsup:

Jayne

Must stop looking ... far too cute ... feeling puppy broody ... must resist ... no breeding until next year ...

:- "

billyboy45 said:
Ok.An update on Tara,and pup's.Pup's now 3 day's old,and doing fine.As for Tara's bed,i think it is big enough,at the moment,and will grow with the flow.As you can see,there is plenty of room for her to stretch out.It's entirely up to her ,which way she lay's.As for a pillow,how long would it last.Think this nice soft carpet is sufficiant for now.

yes the nice soft carpet is fine but you could put something at her back so shes not up against the hard wood shes a very beautiful girl and shes done so well to have all those little darlin's :))

whippetgood said:
billyboy45 said:

yes the nice soft carpet is fine but you could put something at her back so shes not up against the hard wood shes a very beautiful girl and shes done so well to have all those little darlin's :))

If i put summit at her back,it defeat's the purpose of the safety barrier,between her and the pup's.If you look at what i mean,then you will see that 4/5 inches up,is a rail,which create's a safety zone,where the pup's can get into,if mum lay's back against one,and trap's it between herself and side of shed.This is what happen's to a lot of pup's that get sqaushed and suffocated.Until the pup's are big enough,to be out of danger of this,then there will be no extra bedding.There is a 250 wt infrared lamp above them for extra heat.This will burn 24/7,for the next 3 week's.I like mum to be able to see her pup's at all time's.What if i put in an old pillow or summit and a pup went under it and got suffocated.Would'nt i feel a right jerk then.

nettle said:
May 12 2007, 09:09 PM Post #5 

Grand Master

Group: K9 Members

Member No.: 10,248

(quote billyboy45)

See the thing is,i was with john today,and i thought he was looking for one over here.Another thing is ,ive only been wrong once as to what is going over in a litter ,and what wasnt.and ive kept raced worked,and bred whippet/greyhound's for over 20 years.Ive also picked the fastest of all my litter's at birth,and have been right each time.That is why ive been asked along on many an occasion,to help people pic greyhond pup's.Dont get me wrong ,im not perfect,no one is.But John has absolutely no experience with whippetxgreyhound's,and all i am doing is offering my help in picking a pup if he happened to come on a litter over here,as some people tell you what they want you to here,and i do think almost 25 years of as i say breeding racing and working count for something,when it come's to picking a pup.Ive picked an Oak's winner at 8 weeks old,and a North West Dearby winner,at 3 month's.Now that aint bad.So sorry if i seemed a bit patronizing ,but there is no breeder's over here ,and as John never stated where he was looking for a pup from,yes maybe i did jump the gun a little.But hey,only to be of help.It is so easy to jump the gun,and go for someone's jugular isnt it. Youre's in sport . Billy... PS.Might just give him a pup myself,out of Megan n maybe Hellbound,Sugar Daddy,or Magical Dreams.Then he would be sure of a flyer. 

(unquote )

I only asked you to put a photograph of the pup that you think will be the fastest in this litter Billy,because I remembered reading this very interesting post,and it stuck in my head ie.I can pick the fastest one at birth.

Please don't disappoint your followers Billy,and put a picture of the one you think is going to be the fastest :thumbsup:

Jayne

Wow,havent you been buisy.Well with Stern showing great promise,then we will have to wait and see.As with this litter,look what happened to Trouble,just a day or 2 after it was posted about the way she ran at her 1st ever race,which was also her 1st time to chase a lure.Now please dont ask me again,as i dont want to jinx any of the pup's this time.As i have said, i have an eye on a couple of the brindle's.OPP'S,and there's 8 of them.The only way of knowing which of these pup's will turn out the quickest,is to keep all of them till racing age,and as i no longer have the paddock's to do this,then it would be imposible to answer you're ?,as all 10 pup's would have to be raced together.Now you would probibly be better having a go at the lottery,than taking a bet on that one. Now im off out to feed them for the last time tonight,and as 7 am isnt that far away,then i'll be off. ...Billy...

any chance of a picture of dad too .

Good luck with your pups , youve certainly got your hands full

JAX said:
any chance of a picture of dad too .
Good luck with your pups , youve certainly got your hands full

Will get a couple of good pix sortrd,as i have them on a card somwhere. ...Billy...

Took these pix of pup's yesterday.As it was a beautiful day,i took them outside a couple at a time ,so as not to annoy Tara.

Taraspupsborn071007029.jpg
/IMG]

Taraspupsborn071007030.jpg

Taraspupsborn071007031.jpg

Taraspupsborn071007034.jpg
[/img]

Taraspupsborn071007033.jpg

[]

Love the boy with the white stripe on face and the white tummy getting the sun on his belly clever boy!!!!!!

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Although that pup in the 2nd pic,look's like it's heading for the edge,i can assure you it was no more than an arm's length away,and Alannah was watching it like a hawk.If it was'nt warm and sunny,i would have taken the pix inside,but as it was ,i got better one's in the sunshine. ...Billy...

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back