The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
the North West clubs GIN PIT , LANCASTER and WESTHOUGHTON make everyone welcome non-peds whatever size , peddies , lurchers there's allways someone willing to help old or new members and visitors

I was at blidworth yesterday and saw your pup graham and your mates.............they are both big dogs, your's bigger than your mates. IMO if you breed big dogs, with a greater percentage of greyhound in them than whippet then people are likely to question the parentage and i guess it's what you might have to endure from some people.

It's the same for those people who have dogs that are naughty.................we have endured that for a long time, even when daisy runs straight people still question her, and us. I have belief in her and our ability to be honest about it which has to help overcome the snide comments.

I dont think that because you are new to the sport you should have to listen to crap, but I don't think that anyone in the sport should, however sometimes you take a risk of it when you do something that people are likely to jump on.

As long as there are people in this sport then there will always be differences of opinion and questions asked.

IMO whippets should have to run out of a whippet trap to 'prove' their status as 'whippet like in appearance', even round the bends. As I'm likely to get flak for that I have my hard hat on as we speak, but it's only my humble opinion, as is the opinion if you breed big dogs that are more greyhound than whippet then expect some flak, and those people that get themm, but it doesn't have to stop you racing.

chris ( am now in nuclear bunker) :sweating:

rob67 said:
I was at blidworth yesterday and saw your pup graham and your mates.............they are both big dogs, your's bigger than your mates. IMO if you breed big dogs, with a greater percentage of greyhound in them than whippet then people are likely to question the parentage and i guess it's what you might have to endure from some people.
It's the same for those people who have dogs that are naughty.................we have endured that for a long time, even when daisy runs straight people still question her, and us. I have belief in her and our ability to be honest about it which has to help overcome the snide comments.

I dont think that because you are new to the sport you should have to listen to crap, but I don't think that anyone in the sport should, however sometimes you take a risk of it when you do something that people are likely to jump on.

As long as there are people in this sport then there will always be differences of opinion and questions asked.

IMO whippets should have to run out of a whippet trap to 'prove' their status as 'whippet like in appearance', even round the bends. As I'm likely to get flak for that I have my hard hat on as we speak, but it's only my humble opinion, as is the opinion if you breed big dogs that are more greyhound than whippet then expect some flak, and those people that get themm, but it doesn't have to stop you racing.

chris i repect your opinion but dont agree with some of them.

my pup weighs 46lb and will be schooled on the straights and also bends what andy decides to do with his pup is up to him with a little guidance from me.

:cheers: GRAHAM

GRAHAM PEM said:
rob67 said:

my pup weighs 46lb and will be schooled on the straights and also bends what andy decides to do with his pup is up to him with a little guidance from me.

I respect your opinion too graham, and I'm glad we can accept we have a difference of opinion without the warfare. P.S. I guess if your pup weighs 46lbs then it was your mate that has the biggest one then :D

chris

rob67 said:
GRAHAM PEM said:
rob67 said:

I respect your opinion too graham, and I'm glad we can accept we have a difference of opinion without the warfare. P.S. I guess if your pup weighs 46lbs then it was your mate that has the biggest one then :D

chris

thats what lifes about chris it would be a sad world if we were all of the same frame of mind.

yes you are right chris it was my mate who had the biggest one and hes chuffed with him and so he should be fine looking animal.

yes i knew i would get alot of comments regarding my last litter out of MAGICAL DREAMS X KILLEACLE RENI geoff and many more have told me there opinions on several accasions and i also respect there opinions also.

but i think i have been racing long enough now for people to realise i am realy only interested in bend racing and surely thats my choice.

WHAT I DO NOT LIKE AND CANNOT ACCEPT IS PEOPLE BEING DRIVEN AWAY FROM OUR SPORT BEFORE THEY HAVE EVEN STARTED WE NEED MORE MEMBERS AND IT DOES NOT INTEREST ME WHAT SIZE THERE DOGS ARE SO LONG AS THEY STAY IN SIDE THE GUILDLINES.

Hopefully there will be no further comments about Magical Dream's future matings. I hope this litter can show what qualities the big dog has on offer at stud. :luck: :luck: :luck:

P.S @ Jac, Dobs is a greyhound ? :b So is Blaze and she's about 10lb lighter :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
GRAHAM PEM said:
rob67 said:
GRAHAM PEM said:
rob67 said:

chris

thats what lifes about chris it would be a sad world if we were all of the same frame of mind.

yes you are right chris it was my mate who had the biggest one and hes chuffed with him and so he should be fine looking animal.

yes i knew i would get alot of comments regarding my last litter out of MAGICAL DREAMS X KILLEACLE RENI geoff and many more have told me there opinions on several accasions and i also respect there opinions also.

but i think i have been racing long enough now for people to realise i am realy only interested in bend racing and surely thats my choice.

WHAT I DO NOT LIKE AND CANNOT ACCEPT IS PEOPLE BEING DRIVEN AWAY FROM OUR SPORT BEFORE THEY HAVE EVEN STARTED WE NEED MORE MEMBERS AND IT DOES NOT INTEREST ME WHAT SIZE THERE DOGS ARE SO LONG AS THEY STAY IN SIDE THE GUILDLINES.

NAME AND SHAM THEM GRAHAM :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

does it really matter what others think/ say or do we are not under any obligation to listen ---throw them the DEAF one----

Bet it was no one with a little dog that said it===

steve

comeonsteveuk said:
GRAHAM PEM said:
rob67 said:
GRAHAM PEM said:
rob67 said:

chris

:thumbsup: I personally cant stand shit spreaders of any description

rob67 said:

chris,

a couple of times on k9 you have stated about the size of a dog, and that it should have to run both bends and straits from whippet traps, well,..question1,.. how old was tykwando when you got him...question2,..how much greyhound has he in him,...and 3.. most of all if you had a pick of the dogs and you did not pick the biggest pup, what would you have done if he had grown bigger than you expected...

my dog murphy, was 8 weeks old when i got him, and hes father was half whippet..18lb..micks mystery..and like i have stated before, there are plenty of sc dogs with just as much greyhound in them as murphy, ok they may be smaller but they could just as easily have made bigger dogs..when i get a pup it is for life no matter what...and just cos a dog is big dont make it any faster or better., its luck of the draw..there are plenty of 70+ pound greyhounds that could not live with a good top 40lb none ped...that is fact...

GRAHAM PEM said:
:rant: JUST FEEL THIS NEEDS TO BE SAID I TOOK WELL WHAT I THOUGHT WAS TO BE A NEW MEMBER TO THE NON PED RACING SCENE TODAY AT BLIDWORTH TO WATCH THE RACING WITH HIS PUP I BRED OUT OF MAGICAL DREAMS X KILLEACLE RENI AND SURPRISE SUPRRISE WHAT DID  HE GET ALL DAY OF CERTAIN PEOPLE THATS A GREYHOUND.I FEEL ITS ABOUT TIME ALL THIS RUBBISH STOPED BEFORE WE DRIVE MORE PEOPLE AWAY FROM OUR SPORT FOR F--- SAKE ITS A HOBBY.

IF ANDY DECIDES NOT TO RACE THE PUP THAT WE BRED REST ASSURED I WILL AS I WILL NOT BE DRIVEN AWAY FROM A SPORT THAT I HAVE DONE FOR A QUITE FEW YEARS.

IF I HAD LIED ABOUT THE LITTERS BREEDING I COULD ACCEPT SOME OF THE COMMENTS THAT WERE MADE TO ANDY ABOUT HIS PUP BUT I DIDNT AND WHY SHOULD I.

AND DONT GIVE ME THAT RUBBISH THAT IT WAS SAID IN A BIT OF FUN AS IT WAS NOT WISE UP YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

:luck: WITH YOUR RACING BIG OR SMALL.

Will Andy be racing that other no limiter out of the same litter as jaspers big dog

Also do you think it was wize of you to mate magical dreams to killeacle reni with in a few days of it collapsing at highgate only ive looked back on here and noticed the date when the mating took place

bertblackmore said:
GRAHAM PEM said:
:rant: JUST FEEL THIS NEEDS TO BE SAID I TOOK WELL WHAT I THOUGHT WAS TO BE A NEW MEMBER TO THE NON PED RACING SCENE TODAY AT BLIDWORTH TO WATCH THE RACING WITH HIS PUP I BRED OUT OF MAGICAL DREAMS X KILLEACLE RENI AND SURPRISE SUPRRISE WHAT DID  HE GET ALL DAY OF CERTAIN PEOPLE THATS A GREYHOUND.I FEEL ITS ABOUT TIME ALL THIS RUBBISH STOPED BEFORE WE DRIVE MORE PEOPLE AWAY FROM OUR SPORT FOR F--- SAKE ITS A HOBBY.

IF ANDY DECIDES NOT TO RACE THE PUP THAT WE BRED REST ASSURED I WILL AS I WILL NOT BE DRIVEN AWAY FROM A SPORT THAT I HAVE DONE FOR A QUITE FEW YEARS.

IF I HAD LIED ABOUT THE LITTERS BREEDING I COULD ACCEPT SOME OF THE COMMENTS THAT WERE MADE TO ANDY ABOUT HIS PUP BUT I DIDNT AND WHY SHOULD I.

AND DONT GIVE ME THAT RUBBISH THAT IT WAS SAID IN A BIT OF FUN AS IT WAS NOT WISE UP YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

Will Andy be racing that other no limiter out of the same litter as jaspers big dog

Also do you think it was wize of you to mate magical dreams to killeacle reni with in a few days of it collapsing at highgate only ive looked back on here and noticed the date when the mating took place

Mmmmm interesting :oops: :- " :- "

bertblackmore said:
comeonsteveuk said:
GRAHAM PEM said:
rob67 said:
GRAHAM PEM said:
rob67 said:

chris

:thumbsup: I personally cant stand shit spreaders of any description

:- "

:lol: is the bend season starting. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:luck: good luck nice to just sit back and read :lol: :thumbsup:

JOHNG said:
:lol: is the bend season starting. :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:
:luck: good luck nice to just sit back and read :lol:   :thumbsup:

Yes, but it ends up being a late John when the shit it's the fan :lol:

bertblackmore said:
GRAHAM PEM said:

whats the time of the mating got to do with this topic seems its just another dig at graham -_-

bertblackmore said:
GRAHAM PEM said:

what other no limiter you talking about my freind you have lost me.

and yes i thought it was a wise decision to line magical dreams to killeacle reni also my local vet thought it was a wise decision hope this helps you thanks for your concern tho.

thanks graham

maybe it was artificial lol

know its used regular in the greyhounds now :D

jasper. said:
rob67 said:

chris,

a couple of times on k9 you have stated about the size of a dog, and that it should have to run both bends and straits from whippet traps, well,..question1,.. how old was tykwando when you got him...question2,..how much greyhound has he in him,...and 3.. most of all if you had a pick of the dogs and you did not pick the biggest pup, what would you have done if he had grown bigger than you expected...

my dog murphy, was 8 weeks old when i got him, and hes father was half whippet..18lb..micks mystery..and like i have stated before, there are plenty of sc dogs with just as much greyhound in them as murphy, ok they may be smaller but they could just as easily have made bigger dogs..when i get a pup it is for life no matter what...and just cos a dog is big dont make it any faster or better., its luck of the draw..there are plenty of 70+ pound greyhounds that could not live with a good top 40lb none ped...that is fact...

Maurice, as you correctly state i have said openly what I think about big dogs and whippet traps, what ty has got to do with it I'm not quite sure, but I'm sure you will enlighten me at some point in time, hopefully in the near future. I was speaking about breeding dogs with more greyhound than whippet and that whoever did it was bound to cop some flak, as are those people that state their opinion regarding sensitive matters i.e like the 'whippet like in appearence debate'. You might note that i said at the end of my post that people will make the choice to race or not, at no point in time did i point your dog out......but as you have answered my post as if it did refer to you then I guess you think that maybe your dog fits in that category.

Neither have i said that your dogs aren't for life or commented on the amount of greyhound in it. You chose to reply to my open post.

As i said it's only my opinion, I'm not so sure about the relevance of sire and dam anymore, but moreso the line back generations and how much greyhound can be traced back, regardless of how small parents might be. Maybe it calls for more responsible breeding with a view to this, I'm not sure. Certainly would make me think should we choose to line any of ours ( barring accidents of course- got it in before anyone else did!!)If you feel my comments are relevant to you then fine, as i said, it's only my opinion.

chris

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back