The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

"nina's" Mum

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
nina said:
Thank you all so much for your messages.
Mums cremation was yesterday & to be honest it just all seemed so unreal.  We took her little one Poppy with us as she never got a chance to say goodbye to her & i still think Poppy thinks mum is coming home.

It was almost like being in a bubble & watching it all but having no control over what was happening. The day passed in a blur.

I still expected to come home & find her sitting in her favourite chair. To know i will never see her again or be able to talk to her is just so unbearable & i cant cope with it. I have to think that she is maybe still in the hospital & will come home when she is better, its this thought that gets me through each day.

To lose a husband or wife must be awful but i guess life goes on people remarry & find happiness again but you can never replace your mum.

Sorry to ramble on but i think those of you who have lost your mums & were as close as i was to mine like Kirsty you will know the devastation you feel.

Thank you all again.

No one with half a heart Nikki thinks your rambling on, i believe it or not, i nursed my mother till she passed away aged 54, so i do know exactly how you feel, one thing you musnt do, and that is bottle up your thoughts, gerron k9 with us lot, we wil look after you

:cheers: , oh go on then i will chuck in a :huggles: just fer you

I too lost my mum aged just 54 :( her illness, to us, was only 3 weeks :( though she`d had it for 3 years`and`told no one :eek:

So all of you out there that still have a mum (or dad ) . make the most of them . and tell them how much you love them , while you still can

Happy memories are what will keep you going Nicky :huggles:

JAX said:
I too lost my mum aged just 54  :(   her illness, to us, was only 3 weeks  :( though she`d had it for 3 years`and`told no one  :eek:
So all of you out there that still have a mum (or dad ) . make the most of them . and tell them how much you love them , while you still can

Happy memories are what will keep you going Nicky  :huggles:

Happy memories indeed, i remember as a lad i bought my mother a plaque off Bolton market, i remember the words to this day

NO LOVE COULD BE MORE STEADFAST, NO HEART MORE KIND AND TRUE, NO MOTHER IN THE WORLD COULD BE, MORE PRECIOUS DEAR THAN YOU

:cheers:

so sorry to read this :(

i hope in time you will soon smile again at loving memories which are yours to treasure

Just seen this, I am so very sorry about your loss - .....but it is true time does help to heal and you have lots of wonderful memories. Thinking of you

JAX said:
I too lost my mum aged just 54  :(   her illness, to us, was only 3 weeks  :( though she`d had it for 3 years`and`told no one  :eek:

Happy memories are what will keep you going Nicky  :huggles:

Gosh I so second this Jax, I lost my mum when I was nearly 14 & it was devastating.

Thank you to everyone, for all your kind words & i know there are so many of you who know exactly what it feels like to lose not only your mum but your best friend.

A lot of people in the show world especially in igs & of course whippets knew my mum as she was constantly there at my side at every show from more than 20 years back up until she became poorly some years ago & she loved having a laugh & a chat with you all.

Altho she never went in the ring as it was not her thing she was always there caring for the dogs & so proudly watching their wins, throughout all our Champions & success's her proudest moment was when our "nina" Ch Marchpast Silent Wings Over Salatini won BIS all breeds at Southern Counties Ch Show.

I thought mum would burst with pride, as we took Nina on as a nervous wreck at a year old given away freely in the car park at a show as she was "too much trouble" (by her then owner NOT her breeder, who knew nothing of this i must add)

It took months of mums love being with her 24 hours a day to bring her out of herself & turn her into the confident showgirl who was to become our first Champion whippet.

Mum was devastated when we lost Nina to cancer late last year.

Mum was the most generous, kind & supportive person i have ever been lucky enough to know, she would help anyone & give anyone her last penny. She also had a wicked sense of humour even keeping the nurses in stitches right up until the end.

I had a call from the hospital at 4am on Friday 6th June to say mums condition was deteriorating & to get straight there. I was there by 4.20am to find mum sitting joking & told me she had to go. Confused i asked her where? In her ususal zany sense of humour she replied "You know what they say love, when you gotta go you gotta go".

I asked her again & she said the doctors had told her her time was up, she was dying & she had to go. She said she didnt want to go & didnt want to leave me & wasnt ready but the doctors had said she must. For the next hour we sat holding hands & saying all the things we wanted to each other. She told me i was the best daughter any mother could ever wish to have & that life must go on & not to be sad, she was still thinking of others right up till the end.

An hour later she fell asleep, still holding my hand & at 10.45am she slipped away.

I just want to say:

Mum you will always be my best friend & you will forever be in my heart & the biggest part of my life. You were the best mum anyone could ever wish to have & i will always love you. Take care of dear Nina & all the others we have lost over the years until we are back together again walking them on our 3 hour walks again in the sunshine. Love you always. xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Nik, that is such a moving post, I don't know what I can say, but don't want to say nothing :( so all I can do is to tell you that we're thinking of you :huggles: I wish I could do more :(

What a beautiful tribute to your mum. She sounds like she was a wonderful lady.

Thinking of you at this time.

Debbie

What a lovely tribute to your Mum,she sounds like a wonderful Mum and always be in your heart :wub: :wub:

Oh Nik what beautiful words - the stories you have told me about your Mum ill never forget, such a funny, caring and inspirational lady and I know you had a very special relationship :huggles:

God bless Val

Oh Nik,what a beautiful tribute to you Mum.I wish i could have met her as she was obviously such a very special lady :wub:

You know i'm thinking of you & will always be there for you if you need me :huggles:

Very sorry to hear of the loss of your Mum. The closer we are to those who we love, the more it hurts. She sounds like a wonderful lady.

Those we love remain with us

For love itself lives on,

And cherished memories never fade

Because a loved one's gone.

Those we love can never be

More than a thought apart,

For as long as there is memory,

They'll live on in your heart

what a beautiful tribute for your mum :huggles:

she sounded a wonderful person and as got a wonderful daughter :huggles: your mum lives on in you forever :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

nina said:
Thank you to everyone, for all your kind words & i know there are so many of you who know exactly what it feels like to lose not only your mum but your best friend.
A lot of people in the show world especially in igs & of course whippets knew my mum as she was constantly there at my side at every show from more than 20 years back up until she became poorly some years ago & she loved having a laugh & a chat with you all.

Altho she never went in the ring as it was not her thing she was always there caring for the dogs & so proudly watching their wins, throughout all our Champions & success's her proudest moment was when our "nina" Ch Marchpast Silent Wings Over Salatini won BIS all breeds at Southern Counties Ch Show.

I thought mum would burst with pride, as we took Nina on as a nervous wreck at a year old given away freely in the car park at a show as she was "too much trouble" (by her then owner NOT her breeder, who knew nothing of this i must add)

It took months of mums love being with her 24 hours a day to bring her out of herself & turn her into the confident showgirl who was to become our first Champion whippet.

Mum was devastated when we lost Nina to cancer late last year.

Mum was the most generous, kind & supportive person i have ever been lucky enough to know, she would help anyone & give anyone her last penny. She also had a wicked sense of humour even keeping the nurses in stitches right up until the end.

I had a call from the hospital at 4am on Friday 6th June to say mums condition was deteriorating & to get straight there. I was there by 4.20am to find mum sitting joking & told me she had to go. Confused i asked her where? In her ususal zany sense of humour she replied "You know what they say love, when you gotta go you gotta go".

I asked her again & she said the doctors had told her her time was up, she was dying & she had to go. She said she didnt want to go & didnt want to leave me & wasnt ready but the doctors had said she must. For the next hour we sat holding hands & saying all the things we wanted to each other. She told me i was the best daughter any mother could ever wish to have & that life must go on & not to be sad, she was still thinking of others right up till the end.

An hour later she fell asleep, still holding my hand & at 10.45am she slipped away.

I just want to say:

Mum you will always be my best friend & you will forever be in my heart & the biggest part of my life. You were the best mum anyone could ever wish to have & i will always love you. Take care of dear Nina & all the others we have lost over the years until we are back together again walking them on our 3 hour walks again in the sunshine. Love you always. xx

What lovely words xx

I am in tears here :( my mum is currently recovering from cancer (for the second time) and i cannot even imagine going through what you have been through, my mum is my world and i cant even think about the day when she isnt here anymore :(

it sounds like your mum was a lovely lady and you were very lucky to have each other, life is cruel to us at times, and these things are sent to try us.............be strong and cherish the memories, and i am so, so sorry for your loss.

Helen xx

What a wonderful and very moving tribute to your very special mother - what a cherished time you had with her at the end - no regrets - just sadness :huggles:

trish g said:
what a beautiful tribute for your mum :huggles:   she sounded a wonderful person and as got a wonderful daughter  :huggles: your mum lives on in you forever :huggles:   :huggles:   :huggles:

When I was in a side room crying my eyes out when my mum was dying at Christmas, this really nice lady doctor came in and said to me just think of your mum as leaving ripples, she said everything that she has done will have an effect on those around her, that you will remember when she has passed away. At the time I didn't really get it, but now six months on I see what she means. If I go to do something I think to myself , what would mum have done in this situation and it helps to get me through. So that is where you are right Trish our mum's do live on in us forever :huggles:

Here is a little poem I wrote for my mum

Dear Mum

The years have passed so quickly

Just where did they all go

You are my mum and my best friend

Always a free spirit until the end

I hope you know I love you so

I just can't bare to let you go

If only we'd have had more time

To make you better and feel fine

But the day has come to say goodbye

and all I ask is why

I now feel so much pain and sorrow

I don't know how I'll face tomorrow

rest now mum and be at peace

Until we meet again

Treasure those last moments you had with your mum Nikki. I'm sure they'll help to comfort you when you feel really down :huggles:

That's beautiful Nikki.........you were with you mum at the

end and know she slipped away knowing she had told you

everything she wanted you to know and you her............

she's at peace now :huggles:

awwww Nikki,what a beautiful tribute to your mum. :huggles: im so sorry for whats happened to you.i cant think of anything to say to make it better but i know your mum would have been proud of you cos youre a lovely daughter and youve shown her love in all your life with her.shes at peace now and she will want you to be at peace too and accept whats happened as part of the circle of life.one day you'll be reunited again and the circle will be complete. :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back