The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

No Limit

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
To cap the No Limit is not a good idea but why not for some bend races up the 40 pound to 44 pound giving some of the smaller No Limit dogs more of a chance in a different weight division

gary farmer said:
at some of the opens we invite lurchers, greyhounds , terriers ,peds, Makes a great day and pays for the event.LIKE I SAY A GOOD FUN DAY THATS WHAT COUNTS  :))   :D   :teehee:

hope you see my point    :cheers:    GARY

I think Gary's got a good point here, when we held our charity open at Wessy it was brilliant we had lurcher classes, retired greyhound racing, peds and non-peds. Hell even Vicky's spaniel had a go! :D I've been told small greys are usually about 50lb and that they can struggle to keep pace with their bigger relatives? If this is the case then could these dogs that don't make the grade be given the opportunity to come racing with us? I don't think any competant dog should be shunned from racing and like John Marsden said there could always be a weight split put in place to ensure dogs were evenly matched. What about 40lb,45lb and then a No Limit? Lurchers as under and over 23'' classes and a ped class too? The beauty of adding lurcher and peddy classes is they can be run whilst the handicap format is being organised and probably the No Limit too.

In my eyes we shouldn't be excluding anyone, we should be encouraging more to come racing. :thumbsup:

ETA: Gary I too was like your friend, I had peds and was welcomed at club racing which eventually encouraged me to get my first non-ped, I'm sure many more would follow suit. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
milly said:
Then get on the the commitee of the BWRA OR NNWRF, may be thats the answer!
Just like to make it clear the N.N.W.R.F. is in no way connected with the capping of any weight limits.

This was a proposal put forward at the B.W.R.A. A.G.M by their chairman

weathergirls said:
milly said:
Then get on the the commitee of the BWRA OR NNWRF, may be thats the answer!
Just like to make it clear the N.N.W.R.F. is in no way connected with the capping of any weight limits.

This was a proposal put forward at the B.W.R.A. A.G.M by their chairman

Mr Cooper.....! well well well well well

Whatever happened to the postal vote???

This is surely yet another point where the top table is allegedly not in touch with what the members want ----

We can ill afford to loose any dogs from this sport large or small ---

Think the word we are searching for is accommodation whether it be new weight classes or any other format ----

If you take the money for membership you have an obligation ---

Also some of the people with big dogs are among the most pleasurable in our sport and deserve better than has gone on in the past when will we learn?

steve

Think the word we are searching for is accommodation whether it be new weight classes or any other format ----
I think your spot on Steve :thumbsup:

more sence capping puppy racing, pups 12 to 18 month,yearlings 18 to 24 month.

more dogs are knacked getting them to race before they set up. or do away with puppy racing have the yearlings only. let the scratch lads get on :thumbsup:

I THINK THE NNWRF ARE ON THE WAY FORWARD WELL DONE ALL,AS FOR THE BWRA ,SEEMS THEY ARE GOING BACKWARDS,MUST HAVE PLENTY MONEY IN FUNDS IF THE ARE ARE TRYING TO GET RID OF PEOPLE

Last edited by a moderator:
wild whippies said:
I think your spot on Steve :thumbsup:

Me too couldn't of worded it better myself, i would also like to add that most of lads with the scr dogs ..have donated money for new trophys for the nnwrf over the past few years, and always ask at the beginning of every meeting if we need a hand with any help they are always there and willing

Well I'm all for rich stropping big blokes coming into the sport! (w00t)

I don't suppose any of those in favour of running dogs that are mainly ghd bred are going to answer the question about allowing full ghds to run in the No Limit for obvious reasons

I would have thought it somewhat perverse to be against the exclusion of large scratch dogs but for the exclusion of ghds. Especially since some of the scratch whippets already running appear to be able to be competitive against ghds anyway.

The use of of mainly ghd dogs in bend racing is causing dogs to be excluded at their owners choice. Compare the number of enteries for no limit scratch races on the bends with the number entered in straight races. People simply don't bother racing on the bends because they realise they have no chance against what are effectively full ghds. I have always tried to avoid owning no limit dogs so that I don't have to race against ghds. If I wanted to race ghds I'd buy one and go Belle Vue or whatever and run against real competition.

There isn't a problem on the straights because mainly ghd dogs don't fare as well against whippet types since ghds are bred for longer distances and not as out and out sprinters. On the bends however if you want to breed the fastest dog for the job you're going to end up with a ghd.

I don't believe in capping the no limit. However, as others have suggested, we could increase the weight splits for scratch racing on the bends fron 4lb with the BWRA and 5lb with the NNWRF to 6lb splits giving 38lb scratch, 44lb scratch and No Limit in the BWRA or say 40lb, 48lb and No Limit in the NNWRF. Fat chance of it happening though because of the " that's how it's always been done" attitude.

IL RACE AGAINST GREYHOUNDS TONY,IL EVEN BRING AFEW ALONG TO RACE TOO IF IT WOULD SUIT YOU,LEAVE THE WEIGHT LIMITS ALONE,YOU'L WANT 15,16,17 18 19 20 21 22 23AND SO ON WEIGHT CLASSES SOON SO ALL DOGS WILL BE HAVING SOLO'S

Maybe if you would like to put it in writing Tony and send it to the nnwrf chairman it will be discussed by our committee if we think it is workable with all scr racers and for the better of our sport

NEILPEM said:
IL RACE AGAINST GREYHOUNDS TONY,IL EVEN BRING AFEW ALONG TO RACE TOO IF IT WOULD SUIT YOU,LEAVE THE WEIGHT LIMITS ALONE,YOU'L WANT 15,16,17 18 19 20 21 22 23AND SO ON WEIGHT CLASSES SOON SO ALL DOGS WILL BE HAVING SOLO'S
Well if you and other scratch racers are happy to race against ghds in the no limit then perhaps the governing bodies should take note of your wishes and allow ghds to race in the no limit. I' would be more than happy for you to bring ghds to race in the no limit so long as the option is open to everyone.

I was suggesting increasing the size of the weight groups and not making them smaller as in your example. If the weight classes were increased in size there would be no increase in the number of classes so, since there should be the same number of dogs on the card, there will be no more solo races than before. If anything more dogs will run because the new classes mean fewer dogs will have to run against ghd types so the owners will race them rather than not bother because they believe the competition to be fair.

sounds quite a good idea in theory tony a 38lb class then a 44lb class then over 44lb? is that wot u r saying or classes similar to that anyway? i think thats something 2 b dicussed instead of people just wanting to cap the no limit we need more ideas like that imo

this is a joke pmsl have a yard for lb in the no limit. :lol: :lol: :lol:

surely the weight classes would only be worth doing on bends and bwra only do two bend meetings a year? :- "

I THINK JUST STOP ALL THE MOANING AND LEAVE WEIGHT CLASSES AS THEY ARE

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back