The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Northern Open Results

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
IMG_1551.jpg

IMG_1552.jpg

IMG_1553.jpg

IMG_1554.jpg

IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

great pics bob,caught the determination of the dogs.what lense did you use :thumbsup:

Some fantastic photo's there :thumbsup:

Loads of whippets, people and sunshine........what more

could you want from a meeting.

I would like to say a huge WELL DONE to all the Northern members on a GREAT open. :cheers:

It was lovely to see some of the old members there, not seen Dougie, John, Jack Gregory Or Jack Patten for years it was great to catch up again and wcrch Sunshine looked fantastic. :thumbsup:

[SIZE=14pt]HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY [/SIZE] :cheers: and thanks for the cake. :cheers:

Hope to see you all for the bend on the 29th June. :thumbsup:

Well done to all the finalists and all the supreme winners. :cheers:

controversial said:
great pics bob,caught the determination of the dogs.what lense did you use :thumbsup:

Hiya.

I used 3 lensed during the day.

Started off with my camo covered 200-400mm Nikon Nikkor. (Thanks for the jokes about loosing it btw) :lol:

I then had a go with my extreme wide angle for a few (17-35mm nikkor) and the mainly used what is my fave lens the 70-200mm nikkor. This is what I took most of the shots with.

Cheers

B

Hiya Trish.

You did a fantastic job of documenting the day. Some top pics there.

I noticed the little squiggle you mentioned. It's only visible in the odd shot.

Looks like a hair to me.

If you take it to any half decent camera shop they will be able to clean it off for you.

Dust and stuff is the digi photographers worst enemy. The trick is to only replace lenses when you really have to, get your lens ready to go on before removing the one on the camera. Hold the camera lens down so it would be harder for dust to get in and do it in as dust free an environment as possible. (not on a dusty car park with strong winds blowing like yesterday) And do it as quickly as possible.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Bob

Bob Patefield said:
Hiya Trish.

Looks like a hair to me.

If you take it to any half decent camera shop they will be able to clean it off for you.

Dust and stuff is the digi photographers worst enemy. The trick is to only replace lenses when you really have to, get your lens ready to go on before removing the one on the camera. Hold the camera lens down so it would be harder for dust to get in and do it in as dust free an environment as possible. (not on a dusty car park with strong winds blowing like yesterday) And do it as quickly as possible.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Bob

WOW what amazing pictures , love the racing ones :thumbsup:

Fantastic photos of the heavyweight final really showed how exciting and close the race was with the 3 dogs battling hard and never giving an inch.

Thanks for sharing the photos Bob and Trish.

Well I would like to say well done to all who took part.The pictures look really good and much appreciated as i was shut in the camper all day and missed quite a lot. Thanks Bob and Trisha really good job.The open ran really well and we got finished in good time. Hope some of you will make the return journey and join us for the Bend on June 29th. We'll try to keep up the rhythm mind you even i cant predict the weather so we can only hope with that one. It was nice to see some of our oldies back with us and i hope they will continue to visit.Thanks to Steve and June for the entertainment.Well done to the Kareoke revellers hope you didnt have too much of an hangover sunday. Nice to see the Roberts team this year and look forward to seeing you in June.Thanks once again to all who travelled to our open.I hope I didn't frighten too many of you (w00t)

It was a really good day :cheers:

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WE HAD A GREAT DAY, :thumbsup: The cake was lovely :thumbsup: , THANK TRISH & BOB THE PHOTOS ARE GREAT ,Mark & paula thank you for my JELLY BEANS I HAVE STARTED THEM ALL READY :- " . who is that good looking person with that good looking pup :- " :- " :lol: once again thank you all :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

top photos of a great days racing, well done to all the finalist and cons winners . well done to all my fellow northern members on a well run open dont think there was a stoppage all day. hope to see everyone back in 4 weeks time for our bend open and just the small matter of the champs next week. : (w00t) (w00t) :cheers:

Bob Patefield said:
Hiya Trish.

Looks like a hair to me.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Bob

thanks for the tip bob,will make sure im extra careful when changing lenses from now on :thumbsup:

will get graham to take it into a camera shop for me sometime :thumbsup:

peppermint lady said:
:eek: run at mill got beat :eek: :eek: :eek:

He'll be back i'm sure he's a one hell of a dog.

Well done Fly the Wind I'm sure Robin will be wanting a rematch with you.

There's the Champs next week that'll be one to watch.

Won't be there but all of you have a good days racing :cheers:

Well Done to all Northern members on a great open 8) Brilliant pic's Trish & Bob :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back