The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Olive the Miniature Schnauzer and Puppies Diary

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
what? I'm very confused ... my avatar is when she was first home... I have cut her since and she now has a rounded beard
I just thought in your avatar photo she seems to have lovely dark stripes through her moustache which don't show up so much in more recent pictures so i wondered if it might be hormonal that they disappeared after her pregnancy.

I just thought in your avatar photo she seems to have lovely dark stripes through her moustache which don't show up so much in more recent pictures so i wondered if it might be hormonal that they disappeared after her pregnancy.
they had faded lightly though, but I had cut her beard and she does have some streaks.

Oh yes Violet, her colour has changed and she has lost the black hairs that gave her the very distinctive moustache!
Was she clipped or stripped?

The puppies are growing nicely. What colour was dad?

Oh yes Violet, her colour has changed and she has lost the black hairs that gave her the very distinctive moustache!
Was she clipped or stripped?

The puppies are growing nicely. What colour was dad?
we clipped Olive and I also think that the dad was a brown colour but the rescue team were not 100% sure as she was rescued with 3 other miniature schnauzers

4th February 2018

Today we have had a chill out day, I did some baking and I cooked olive some meat for the week…
The puppies are so chilled out and sleepy all they do is eat and sleep. The pups love the dog bed that I bought olive when we got her but she doesn’t seem to like it so I’ve given it to the pups. Also they are getting so big I now need 2 hands to hold them with. I’ve been looking at a collar for Doris can anyone give me good brands as olive has a one from pets at home but it’s already starting to break as she pulls on the lead? Later on we are going to my mums and I’m taking the pups and olive with me because I’m out in the morning and my mum doesn’t mind looking after them!
puppy 12.JPG

they all love the bed especially Samson! :)

I think they are still a bit small for collars. You wouldn't want to risk them getting caught by them.

Harri's first one was a very light webbing one from one of the pet superstores. He barely noticed it. He's now got a smart red leather one from the local market - actually I need to get the next size up for him as he's now on the last hole.

I think they are still a bit small for collars. You wouldn't want to risk them getting caught by them.

Harri's first one was a very light webbing one from one of the pet superstores. He barely noticed it. He's now got a smart red leather one from the local market - actually I need to get the next size up for him as he's now on the last hole.
Okay thanks I might buy her a leather one for when she is a bit older :)

Dew claws can be removed at a later date, as long as it's done under anaesthetic - Jasper just had one for some reason, and it was removed when he was neutered. Dogs can be shown without dew claws.

Dew claws can be removed at a later date, as long as it's done under anaesthetic - Jasper just had one for some reason, and it was removed when he was neutered. Dogs can be shown without dew claws.
oh ok thanks... I thought dogs couldn't...

5th February 2018

The puppies are so mischievous! They hide under the sofa then attack our ankles when walking by! The pups are 1 month old tomorrow where did the time go? Another month and their will only be me Olive and Doris… when do I get the puppies’ microchipped? I’ve googled it and there is no strait forward answer. Also I clipped their claws today with help of YouTube! The puppies are also being wormed for the second time tomorrow we are using the beaphar (I think) worming syrup chocolate flavour, also the puppies love my food I make them, puppy food blended with puppy formula. I also am considering fostering puppies/dogs from shelters after Doris has settled in and had her rabbis injection is there any major places that need dog foster cares?

pup in pen.JPG

Ignore the wee and no they don't play with the ball or tug toy Olive decided to put them in there and not in the toy box Olive!!!

6th February 2018

The puppies are now officially 1 month old! Wow now the time has passed quickly. They have been wormed twice up to now… They had me up at 4 o’clock this morning because they were hungry and olive was sleeping on the bed Naughty olive! As well as this at 5 o’clock I took olive out for her 2 hour walk but we were only out for an hour due to bad weather, I usually allow olive off the lead on the hills, but this time she ran off chasing a pigeon a bloody pigeon luckily I was able to get her back using a bit of her favourite treat ham! But the puppies are learning the puppy pad is to wee on and the vet bed is to sleep on milestone or what?! :D

I'm at work but my boss has said that they have to stay in the play pen :)
Puppys in pen.JPG

7th February 2018

The puppies are starting to enjoy the weaning food (at last!), made up of soaked puppy kibble. They are starting to get teeth, Doris has now got her fangs and Fudge is also nearly there… Olive now likes it at work with me the boss almost said no to me today because the puppy had escaped and done a wee on the carpet but I cleaned it straight up! Also the puppies love the car they all want to explore it! Also they now all weigh over 1 Kg… (*Olive has stopped digging for about 24 hours so were all clear I hope!) I’m wondering what to bathe them with as I have bought puppy shampoo but on another forum it says Johnsons Baby Wash maybe @excuseme could help with this one?

<** Congratulations @excuseme with your new little pack of woofers! Enjoy whilst they are so small and can’t really run about and wee and poo everywhere, they grow up so quick! Well done for being so brave Sika! You deserve lots of love and attention! From our pack to yours good luck being a mum to *5 (Please tell me if I’m wrong)! Also please continue to do a diary of the pups I really enjoy seeing them grow up! :p **>

<** I also want to say thanks to @Josie for making the Puppy guessing game! It was really fun waiting for the pups to be born and guessing how many pups and date etc…! Thanks for the boring times I took up at work waiting for the munchkins to be born! :) **>

pups sleep.JPG

Thanks @Violet Turner that's very kind of you!

We're a great bunch on here and we all love our dogs, so what could be better!?

Their little ears :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back