The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Olive the Miniature Schnauzer and Puppies Diary

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Thanks @Violet Turner that's very kind of you!

We're a great bunch on here and we all love our dogs, so what could be better!?

Their little ears :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Nothing could get better! :) I know their ears are so cute! :) and your very welcome!:D I just appreciate the time you went too to make the game!

Do they need bathing? I'd have thought Olive could keep them as clean as needed - it's really not good to bathe even adult dogs too often.
because they are weaning they roll around in the food and it makes them sticky and stinky, but I know they cant be bathed too much. olive does keep them clean just not properly :)

Would a damp cloth not suffice, @Violet Turner ? I just edited my post above as I found a site that said they shouldn't be bathed before 12 weeks of age.

Do they need bathing? I'd have thought Olive could keep them as clean as needed - it's really not good to bathe even adult dogs too often.

ETA: According to this website, you shouldn't bathe puppies until they are at least 12 weeks old: Puppys First Bath - Age & Tips

I have no idea, but I know Misty had a bath and blow dry the day before we collected her at 8 weeks old :oops:

Our dogs are never shampooed, they get plenty of warm water washes after working in the winter, (simply because they live in the house). Washing with shampoos just takes out the natural oils. (and people wonder why they have itchy dogs)

Our dogs are never shampooed, they get plenty of warm water washes after working in the winter, (simply because they live in the house). Washing with shampoos just takes out the natural oils. (and people wonder why they have itchy dogs)
arh ok thanks! that's probably why olive has dry skin...

8th February 2018

The puppies are right handfuls! Wow I didn’t think it would get so messy! Look at Olive finishing the food off :)

puppies eating.JPG

9th February 2018

Today has been hectic! Olive went to the vets didn't go well (Anyone who wants to know please message me), the puppies where not eating anything all day except from weaning food, and so olive teats are huge, but I have now got them to eat! But now we are all sleeping and preparing for the weekend. Also can anyone suggest what to do with the puppies and Olive when I have my operation, and also recovering? @Josie what do you do with Dennis when you go to work?

*Also I won’t be posting not so often after the 12th for a few days as I’m having surgery*

pups eat.JPG

Last edited:
Oh No, hope olive is ok @Violet Turner :-(

I'm very lucky that I work from home so Dennis stays with me. However, I do have a fantastic dog walker that I trust who has Dennis when Oliver or myself can't. We also have a great family who all love him and look after him.

11th February 2018
I’m in for an operation tomorrow, and I don’t think I will be posting, so I will kick start the thread next week or when I’m feeling up to it! :) No Pupdates for this week sorry! :(
The picture was from weeks ago! look how tiny, my niece is holding him! :)

WIN_20180112_18_52_17_Pro.jpg

Fudge :) (@Josie we need some love smileys?)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back