The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Our Trip To Midland Game Fair

nicky12

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
well had a fantastic time at the midlandgame fair a BIG THANY YOU TO sarah for letting me tag along with her and her family :huggles: and murphy omg hes gorguse :huggles: and met john and colt who is gorguse :huggles:

now for the return home ,first couldnt remeber where my blooming car was ,but found it soon enough .

then for the drive home now i printed directions for the return journey and followed them ,and still got lost first i was heading up towards north wales so turned around and ended up in blooming lutton so turned around again stopped to ask a very nice aa man (not )direction and he said he was busy but i needed to get on m6 and it would be sign posted ,i ended up in shefield and leeds,i ended up in a garage and broke down in tears when the lady was giving me direction so she asked me into her staff room and made me tea and gave me and tia a sandwhich and then wrote out directions for us ,i was so scared it was dark and i didnt just wana keep stopping for direction id asked about 5people before it got dark and well they wernt mutch help lol:( omg cant remember all the places i ended up but it took 2tanks of petrol and 8 1/2 hour to do what should have been a 2 1/2 hour trip so i got home at 12.55 am this morning very tired and very upset tia was a little angel throu it all :huggles:

so needless to say im guna be investing in sat nav

nicky12 said:
well had a fantastic time at the midlandgame fair a BIG THANY YOU TO sarah for letting me tag along with her and her family :huggles: and murphy omg hes gorguse :huggles: and met john and colt who is gorguse :huggles:

now for the return home ,first couldnt remeber where my blooming car was ,but found it soon enough .

then for the drive home now i printed directions for the return journey and followed them ,and still got lost first i was heading up towards north wales so turned around and ended up in blooming lutton so turned around again stopped to ask a very nice aa man (not )direction and he said he was busy but i needed to get on m6 and it would be sign posted ,i ended up in shefield and leeds,i ended up in a garage and broke down in tears when the lady was giving me direction so she asked me into her staff room and made me tea and gave me and tia a sandwhich and then wrote out directions for us ,i was so scared it was dark and i didnt just wana keep stopping for direction id asked about 5people before it got dark and well they wernt mutch help lol:( omg cant remember all the places i ended up but it took 2tanks of petrol and 8 1/2 hour to do what should have been a 2 1/2 hour trip so i got home at 12.55 am this morning very tired and very upset tia was a little angel throu it all :huggles:

[/quote

Thank heavens for sat nav :D definately worth getting one luv :thumbsup: I could kick myself for not ringing you...my thinking was I won't bother you while you are driving,not even imagining you were lost :( norm would have given you help over phone. What a nightmare. Thank goodness you are home and safe :huggles: :huggles: and you had your princess with you :wub:

Glad you had a nice time with Tia,Sarah,Murphy + family,but poor you :( it must of been frightening for you :eek: next time have someone with you Nicky,your other half or one of your kids.So glad you are at home safely :huggles: :huggles: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

see wot happens when the welsh come over the boarder lol glad u home safe tho

Last edited by a moderator:
poor you nicky,glad you got home safely in the end :huggles: so much for the AA :rant: makes you laugh when the advert for them says "you got a friend"

Poor thing - just think of it as an adventure (although one you may not want to repeat). At least you found some helpful people to show the way - little angels on your journey.

trac said:
poor you nicky,glad you got home safely in the end :huggles: so much for the AA  :rant: makes you laugh when the advert for them says "you got a friend"
what made it worst was he could see id been crying and distressed as my makeup was a run down my face and he still didnt wangt to help i drov off crying my eyes out BLOODY AA can kiss my ass l go with rac :pso glad io brought plenty of water to for tia took sum dry food for her but she doesnt like it as my lot are on meat diet but she had a jumbo sausage off kind lady in midland game fair for free and then her cheese sarny of the kind garage lady :huggles:

Glad u had a good time. I am so sorry that u got lost i know what its like being on yr own and lost in the dark. sat nav sounds like a good idea.

Poor you Nicky, at least you are home safe and sound now. I once got lost in Coventry city centre at midnight on my way up to Crufts (hotel was in Coventry) but i found the station and knew there would be taxi drivers there who would help, but even that little escapade was a bit scarey so you must have been extremely scared.

Still, you'll always remember the day you met Stormy (w00t) .

Jenny

:lol: your right ther jenny , :D the stormster was a right gentleman had big hug of him and colt to (w00t)

What a nightmare.

Youll need to get selling more collars and save up for a sat nav ASAP

I wouldnt leave home without it now

At least you got there in the end :thumbsup:

oh nicky, im glad you got home safe and sound in the end..............i have a sat nav, my o/h got it for me when i went to crufts last year, i cant even find my way out of the town i live in, let alone birmingham :- " ...............i wouldnt be without it, best thing we ever bought :thumbsup:

Awww, Nicky...bless your little heart ..what a nightmare for you !! Precisely why I didn't make the trip. I knew it would happen to me too... really feel for you :huggles:

Sat Nav definitely on our Christmas lists hey ? !! :)

Tracey x

:blink: I feel for you Nicky I have no sense of direction and get lost every time I leave the house unless Im going to work or the supermarket :- " :lol: My OH just got me a sat nav! :thumbsup:

Know exactly how you felt I went to east of england championships on my own and instead of going back north to the midlands i ended up going south and went home via cambridge - miles out of my way!!!if it wasnt for a truck driver at a truck stop i'd still be going round - and that was three years ago!!what made it worse was the fact that my OH was in hospital at the time and I had noone to ring to help,soon as the Oh was well he bought me sat nav,what a relief,its really frightening isnt it once its dark , so glad you are home safe.If you try again next year dont hesitate to ask for help and OH and I will take you straight to where you need to be - he's a stobbart driver so he'll know right off and by then you'll probably have a better idea what we and the dogs look like.

Glad you're back now have a good rest!!! :)

Nicky that sounds horrendous! Thank god for the nice lady in the service station.

Get yourself on ebay and get a sat nav sorted asap! :eek:

Sorry to hear about your frightening experience, I can only just imagine how u felt I would hav been scared shitless and panicing like mad :sweating: a sat nav is a very good idea, we got one and it does lead u in the right direction, glad u got home safe :))

8 1/2 hours I be pulling the hair out of my head :rant:

Deirdre

Poor u nicky :( :huggles: def get a sat nav for next time :D

What a nightmare Nicky (w00t) .......... referring to the journey home of course and not meeting Stormy (w00t) ...... :lol: :lol:

Glad you and Tia are home safe and sound... :) :thumbsup:

nicky12 said:
well had a fantastic time at the midlandgame fair a BIG THANY YOU TO sarah for letting me tag along with her and her family  :huggles: and murphy omg hes gorguse  :huggles: and met john and colt who is gorguse  :huggles: now for the return home ,first couldnt remeber where my blooming car was ,but found it soon enough .

then for the drive home now i printed directions for the return journey and  followed them ,and still got lost first i was heading up towards north wales so turned around and ended up in blooming lutton so turned around again stopped to ask  a very nice aa man (not )direction and he said he was busy but i needed to get on m6 and it would be sign posted ,i ended up in shefield and leeds,i ended up in a garage and broke down in tears when the lady was giving me direction so she asked me into her staff room and made me tea and gave me and tia a sandwhich and then wrote  out directions for us ,i was so scared it was dark and i didnt just wana keep stopping for direction id asked about 5people before it got dark and well they wernt mutch help lol:( omg cant remember all the places i ended up but it took 2tanks of petrol and 8 1/2  hour to do what should have been a 2 1/2 hour trip so i got home at 12.55 am this morning very tired and very upset tia was a little angel throu it all  :huggles:

You're not the only one with an hopeless sense of direction. Last October we decided to go up to Brockwood Hall again for a break as they happily allow dogs. We've been before but I have never driven that far into the lakes so OH offered me the use of his sat nav. All set up in the car for me ready. Got to Lancaster the thing went on the blink, apparently was not charging. Got to some tiny little village and it wanted to send me down a one way street. Although I'm not blond I think this will have to be one of those moments. I think I will stick to written directions next time. The return journey was uneventful thankfully. :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back