Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Outstanding Oppertunity !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Tucker

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
The following top class bitch is available FREE to a VERY GOOD home for breeding.

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=wqRBPD&d=Mean+Little+Jean

She is probably the best bred bitch to have ever been offered for breeding to the Whippet World, who recorded Open Class times and also was a Stake winner. Her sire MEAN BEAN is a Group One winner in Australia and a litter brother to the mighty GO WILD TEDDY. Her dam is a litter sister to the brilliant PLASTERSCENE GEM.

She has produced two litters one of which is currently racing. However her pups are very small and light. Her current litter are tiny and it`s unlikely they will be big enough to do themselves justice.

Her owner will not be breeding from her again and I suggested to her this option, as opposed to having her put down !

If anyone is interested please contact me. I will check out to see if your suitable, as I would rather see her P.T.S. than go to someone chancey !

I'm sorry but I'm disgusted at this post.

Am I reading this right...a bitch is to PTS cos the current does not want to breed any more but you will let her go to someone "decent" to breed from her but if your not happy about the people interested you'd rather see her PTS.

It shouldn't matter about how well bred a dog is or how well prospective litters could be, its the well being of the animal and the sort of life it deserves.

And it sounds to me that that this bitch deserves alot more than what is on offer for.

Last edited by a moderator:
I`m afraid that`s the way it is ! Tough game breeding Greyhounds for a living. We all have a few `old ones `around the place, but you can`t keep them all ! If you do you`ll be in the poor house !

Here is a chance for somebody that wants a bit of quality to breed from, to give this bitch a second chance. If nobody suitable is found she WILL NOT be given away to someone who may not have her best interests at heart ! Not cruel in my book ! But having the dogs best interest at heart ! Nobody has shed more tears than me having to have dogs put down ! ! :(

Maybe not cruel in your book but it is in mine.

A dog is not to be bought purely to breed from and make money IMHO.

A dog is a life long companion and if you choose to breed from them then it should not be to make money.

This is one of the reasons breeders get a bad name because once a dog has out lived its usefullness its disposed of under the title of "in its best interest".

And what makes you think that the person you think is "right" will do right by the dog cos at the end of the day its been passed on to breed from yet again...what happens when it out lives its usefullness with that "right" person??

Will this poor bitch recieve love and affection or will only be used as a breeding machine??

i think spot on martin at least this bitch is getting a secound chance and its a tough old game to keep holding on to old dogs your be eating spud soup at the end of the year.

Seems to me that Martin could have had an easier time if he had not thought

about the bitch and had let the owner do what he wanted to do.

Talk about shooting the messenger, maybe some people would sooner have a bitch put down as long as they dont have to know about it.

I do not breed dogs but i think Martin has done right by offering this bitch a chance of a decent life all be it breeding a litter of pups rather than no life at all.

nice breeding and form i dont think you`ll struggle to find a home for her

Martin Tucker said:
I`m afraid that`s the way it is ! Tough game breeding Greyhounds for a living. We all have a few `old ones `around the place, but you can`t keep them all ! If you do you`ll be in the poor house !
Here is a chance for somebody that wants a bit of quality to breed from, to give this bitch a second chance. If nobody suitable is found she WILL NOT be given away to someone who may not have her best interests at heart ! Not cruel in my book ! But having the dogs best interest at heart ! Nobody has shed more tears than me having to have dogs put down ! !  :(

And what are 'her' best interests ????? Who in your opinion is suitable ?? You have a very 'odd' book !!

Why can she not go to rescue and be re-homed to a comfortable happy home?

Tracey X

beaubeau said:
Martin Tucker said:
Here is a chance for somebody that wants a bit of quality to breed from, to give this bitch a second chance. If nobody suitable is found she WILL NOT be given away to someone who may not have her best interests at heart ! Not cruel in my book ! But having the dogs best interest at heart ! Nobody has shed more tears than me having to have dogs put down ! !   :(

And what are 'her' best interests ????? Who in your opinion is suitable ?? You have a very 'odd' book !!

Tracey X

do you think just because a bitch is bred from that it cant have a comfortable home too ? i breed from my bitches but they are still my pets too :thumbsup:

ahorsnall said:
beaubeau said:
Martin Tucker said:
Here is a chance for somebody that wants a bit of quality to breed from, to give this bitch a second chance. If nobody suitable is found she WILL NOT be given away to someone who may not have her best interests at heart ! Not cruel in my book ! But having the dogs best interest at heart ! Nobody has shed more tears than me having to have dogs put down ! !  :(

Tracey X

do you think just because a bitch is bred from that it cant have a comfortable home too ? i breed from my bitches but they are still my pets too :thumbsup:

Of course not..I wasn't generalizing at all :))

I am referring to the first post and asked a couple of questions.

I fail to understand the PTS situation.

Tracey X

well said Chris .it does sound harsh that she could be pts but thats the hard way of some greyhound breeders :( they are bred to make money bye most ( i think what martin is doing is a good thing and shouldn't be slated for it i hope the bitch gets a good caring home :thumbsup:

at the end of the day martin could have just had her put down n no one would have known about it ...HE HASNT hes trying to find her a good home so why rant on about it ?

martin is their any pictures of her & how old is she

simpson said:
at the end of the day martin could have just had  her put down  n no one would have known about it ...HE HASNT hes trying to find her a good home so why rant on about it ?
Who's Ranting ? :blink:

i know someone who wants a rescued whippet if she is still available - it would be a good home i run the uk side of a greyhound rescue charity based ireland

jill

i think she should be breed off the class she is.

if i had room i would try 2 get her.

hope she goes 2 a good home where there will be nice pups produced then make a sound pet. dont put her down mate shes 2 good 4 that.

:cheers: Joe

The first person on this thread said: However her pups are very small and light. Her current litter are tiny and it`s unlikely they will be big enough to do themselves justice.

Why breed more when theres so many unwanted dogs being put down all the time? Wouldnt it be kinder to rehome her now?

jill

ahorsnall said:
beaubeau said:
Martin Tucker said:
Here is a chance for somebody that wants a bit of quality to breed from, to give this bitch a second chance. If nobody suitable is found she WILL NOT be given away to someone who may not have her best interests at heart ! Not cruel in my book ! But having the dogs best interest at heart ! Nobody has shed more tears than me having to have dogs put down ! !   :(

Tracey X

well said chris :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back