The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Pedigree Whippet Needs Home

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
dolly said:
DUE TO THE STUPIDITY OF HANDING THIS DOG INTO A RESCUE CENTRE AND NOT HANDING IT BACK TO THE BREEDER. WE ARE UNABLE TO GET HIM BACK BECAUSE THEY ARE SAYING ITSNOW LEAGALLY THEIRS AND NEVER HAND BACK ANY DOGS TO THEIR BREEDERS :rant:   :rant:
I HAVE THE NUMBER IF ANYONE INTERESTED :)

What a shame for the poor dog - :( could you not say you want to keep him, or would this not work.

We have tried several different ways, sadly to no avail :(

i have been in contact with the rescue center, enquiring if they have any whippets in & was told pure breed whippets are very rarely handed into rescue that even the whippet rescue has a 2yr waiting list & perhaps i would consider a whippet x they had in, now i am wondering where has this little boy gone?? or was i fobbed off, . :rant:

do you think they put 2 & 2 together???

dolly said:
|This is the second time this has happened with this rescue, some of them just dont want help !!
They don't want help. All they see is a nice dog that will home quick and they will get their money for him. Can you give them some info about Whippets including this site addy to give to the new owner. Better than nothin. Poor little lad. :(

We have left tel no etc at with the lady and she 'said' she would pass on to the new owners but it wasup to them if they got in touch :(

I am lost :blink: what is happening with this little lad?? Is he still in the centre and if so why was Trac told they did'nt have a Whippet? And if he is'nt there where is he??? :( :(

This is all a bit strange and sounds very underhand and suspect to me :eek:

:( what a sad outcome ... wouldnt if have been nice for a K9-er to get him.

05whippet said:
I am lost  :blink:   what is happening with this little lad?? Is he still in the centre and if so why was Trac told they did'nt have a Whippet? And if he is'nt there where is he???  :(   :(
This is all a bit strange and sounds very underhand and suspect to me  :eek:

Me too 05 :wacko: how did he end up in rescue to start with :unsure: I though he was looking for a home on here and possibly had one, what happened :(

And why is it in non ped whippet breeding :unsure:

Right the story so far.

He was advertised on here, many people pm'd kate to offer him a home, KAte never replied.

I emailed her as no-one had had a reply and she replied he is in Evesham Greyhound and Lurcher rescue. At no stage did she tell the breeder thats what shewas going to do.

I contacted the breeder , she contacted the eglr, and was told if they had him she couldnt have him back as they NEVER return to a BREEDER.

He is now advertised on their website !!! under the name of Eric.

Anyone who had offered him a home i have passed on to them.

I think he was in Non ped by mistake, i can assure you he is a pedigree.

Helen

Last edited by a moderator:
dolly said:
Right the story so far.
He was advertised on here, many people pm'd kate to offer him a home, KAte never replied.

I emailed her as no-one had had a reply and she replied he is in Evesham Greyhound and Lurcher rescue. At no stage did she tell the breeder thats what shewas going to do.

I contacted the breeder , she contacted the eglr, and was told if they had him she couldnt have him back as they NEVER return to a BREEDER.

Helen

I'll probably get into trouble for this, but anyhow.....

Does he breeder want him back?

If so, surely someone local could 'pretend' they want him, have any homecheck etc, and then hand him over to the breeder?

Sorry if I seem naive, just trying to help :b

What I can't understand is why someone would go to the trouble of putting a post on here asking for help then not act on the help given :unsure: Trac pm'd the following day :(

i looked at their website and here he is(hope its ok to put it on here).its such a shame,poor boy he looks gorgeous too

Heres the full article I found it on the web - he does look rather nice. :wub:

Eric

TC said:
dolly said:
Right the story so far.

Helen

I'll probably get into trouble for this, but anyhow.....

Does he breeder want him back?

If so, surely someone local could 'pretend' they want him, have any homecheck etc, and then hand him over to the breeder?

Sorry if I seem naive, just trying to help :b

Beleive me the breeder has tried many different ways of getting him back !!!!!

*Lesley* said:
What I can't understand is why someone would go to the trouble of putting a post on here asking for help then not act on the help given :unsure:   Trac pm'd the following day :(
I know, its so frustrating, i have put trac in touch with the rescue

just a thought really, I'm sure its too late to help in this case, but if a buyer signs a contract to return to the breeder should he need re-homing, and then the dog turns up in rescue, would the signed contract over-rule any rescue centre policy

what I mean is, legally, could a breeder get the dog back as they already hold a signed agreement?

Contracts are not worth the paper they are written on :angry:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back