The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

piper's pups

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
She's definitely a cutie! I love that unusual placement of markings. I will be interested to follow her career John!

Hi John

Sorry i haven't got the technology to post a pic of my Black Opal pup ( Roxy).

Hi Steve you bricklayers are all alike, still my teachers always told me that I am better with a shovel than a pen, they hadn't even got computers on Dr. Who then. I think that the pup with the half black face is sold, but I have just tried to Email the pedigree etc. and it hasn't gone. My daughter says she will do it later, not that I can't manage of course.

Hi Thom there is one left, plus the one that the wife wants to keep (bone of contention). Scott, if I was trying to write poetry, you wouldknow about it, son.

Hi gang, just a note to say that after a very hectic weekend all the pups have gone to their new homes. The upshot is that 4 will be racing in this country (grand reunion at the Northern Bend Open 2004), 1 will be racing in Germany and 2 have gone to pet homes. Thanks very much to everyone for their interest in our gang and I hope the little tinkers give their new owners as much fun and pleasure as Piper gives us,and I know Sunshine gives Jack, good luck and best wishes for the future!

Thanks also to K9, I think that 2 of the sales were directly attributable to this site.

See you all around. Yours in sport, John.

Hi John

Glad to hear all your pups have gone to their new homes, it certainly looks like young Forest has got a good home , Jo & Scott look over the moon with him .

Your two look some nice strong pups, Cracker is a similar build to Vienna when she was a pup and she has made 26lb so maybe we will be racing against each other.

That is a great photo Scott. Forest looks just so cute! And a little devil at the same time I bet.

Vogue isn't good enough :D I think you should send it to Whippet News.

All I can say is it's amazing what Jo can do with Toni and Guy leave in conditioner and a rub with a silk cloth!

I kid you not and anybody who knows her will back me on this.

Scott.

OOOooooh and my dogs thought they were posh having a bath in Johnson's baby shampoo!!!

Toni & Guy eh.. We're not worthy Forest - he's a cutie though Scott!

Toni n guy.......bloody hell!!!!!! last time i bathed a dog it was with tricomania shampoo from lush and about 5 mins later the horrid dog ( edward) peeded all over his front legs!!!!!!!!

Hi John

Your litter is very lovely

Piper is a beautiful bitch

Can I have the pedigree of the litter with KC names and Racing names ?

Forest's KC name is Half a chance, we're undecided as yet a racing name but Dark Angel was discussed tonight.

Regards,

Scott.

Just a random query , why do most racing dogs have so many names? Wouldn't it be much easier for everyone to remember if they just had the one name, registered with both the WCRA and with the KC? I try to keep mine to the same, or similar ones, but sometimes this is not possible if they have someone elses affix with the KC.

I think Half a Chance is a super name, why not use it for a racing name too?

Hi Scott

i'll conferm that anything is possible with Jo :D

Liz I think the thing of pedigree racing whippets having 2 names is left over from when gambling and ringers were all the rage as it still is with the greyhounds on the flapping tracks a Greyhound normaly having a differant name for every track it runs on so as to try and fool the bookies.

personaly I think that whippets should all race under their Kennel Club registerd names.

Correct me if I'm wrong (Mark) but I think Half a chance is already out there and racing. I agree it is a good name.

Scott.

Yes Scott you're right - Half a Chance along with a few other Half a XXX names have already been used.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back