The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

piper's pups

Group: K9 Members

Member No.: 1,674

Warn: (0%)

is it a scottish club that ziggy is going to? if so which one is he going to ?

fallenangel said:
think you had better get him hid from alexs whenshesees him she allready talking about getting a big coat to sneck him under hes looking fab              wendy
At the Northern last week both my children had hold of Twister and Gabriel and I held our own two pups! :b They are all lovely pups. :wub:

No news/pics of Frank/Kiowa ? :(

or Zola for that matter! :b

Last edited by a moderator:
Karen has phoned us a few times....she seems very pleased with Frank, sounds as if he is ruling the roost down there. She is having difficulties resizing pics, but assures us that she will put some up. :wub:

Clive has phoned and told us that he is pleased with Kiowa....he seems particularly impressed with the fact that she sleeps on top of him, when he falls asleep on the couch. :b

I saw Zola on Sunday....Paul brought her out ferreting, 4 hours walking about, she's as fit as a flea. 8)

Sorry to be so slow at keeping you informed regarding Frank's progress.

As John said the programme l have got doesn't seem to like reducing the photo's so perhaps l will send them to John and get him to put them on for me.

Frank is an absolute joy and an absolute nightmare all rolled into one!!

Peace has not returned since he moved in. The rest of the gang sit on the chairs and watch a black and white object charge around using the chairs as a wall of death.

All joking aside he is very loving, biddable and brave and like Gabe he is already chasing any object that moves in his gorgeous uncoordinated manner.

I will be taking him to the Stanborough meeting for his first proper outing and for my first foray into the world of whippet racing. Can someone please give me directions as to where it is.

I asked Sue about a publication called 'whippet news' which somebody from the world of non-peds was telling me about when l was at George Drakes recently. She wasn't sure how l obtained a subscription so would be grateful if someone would let me know

All the very best

Karen

The thing that amuses me most about these pups is that everyone is in love with them inspite of the fact they can change from being an angel in one instance to a devil in the next. Twister lives up to her name, Hurricane Ivan has nothing on this little lady she insists as soon as she's awake that she must run three miles straight away. That usually includes ten rounds of the garden ten rounds of the living room ten dashes up and down stairs. She can leap from one piece of furniture to another with such ease it leaves John and myself exhausted and horified at the same time. In fact she has probably been more of a handful than when we had Barney and cracker as pups. Or are we both getting too old for this kind of activity....Never mind we love her to bits :wub: :wub:

Karen, I'll PM details of how to subscribe to Whippet News.

Is the George Drake you refer to the dog 'muscle man'? When I lived in England, one of my trainers was always taking dogs to a George Drake, Peterborough-way, he was first class, always able to pin-point injuries and giving excellent advice on how each should be treated.

Regards

Tim.

Thought i'd write and let you all know that unfortunatly tonight we had to make the decission to let our girl go at the age of 13 1/2, unfortunatly her legs showed their age and could no longer hold her up.

she always gave her all at racing or working and will be greatly missed.

i'm putting it on here as she's the great grandmother of Pipers pups (Our Girl Of Parkstone)

bonny.jpg

So sorry to hear that Mark. As I found out a couple of weeks ago when our 12 1/2 year old greyhound was put to sleep, it still hurts like hell even when you know the time is right.

Cerito

Mark Roberts said:
Thought i'd write and let you all know that unfortunatly tonight we had to make the decission to let our girl go at the age of 13 1/2, unfortunatly her legs showed their age and could no longer hold her up.she always gave her all at racing or working and will be greatly missed.

i'm putting it on here as she's the great grandmother of Pipers pups (Our Girl Of Parkstone)
So very sorry to hear your sad news.

So sorry Mark to hear your sad news when we are going on about how great our puppies are. It is one of the really difficult aspects of really caring for our dogs, but l am a great believer in that if you really care about their welfare you sometimes have to make decisions that you don't like.

Thinking of you and your family

Karen :(

Update on Zola's progress so far. Three expeditions and she had to be dug out today. Lost to ground for fifteen minutes and my girlfriend shed a few tears when we finally found her..... :blink:

Not pleased either that I found time to take a picture..... :oops:

I__m_stuck2.JPG

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back