The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Please Dont Let This Forum Go To Pot....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I agree with you all. It has got to the stage now that I am scared to put anything on in a discussion, because I get sniped at. It's very sad as this was an interesting forum. Loads of show people used to come on here but don't any more.The bullys on here should not win and make it an uncomfortable place to chat.
I think if we opened a poll, I know who the biggest bully on here would be ;) Someone who poses as a harmless old lady, but is actually quite venomous :angry:
I really don't want to get involved in this, June, but I have personally met Anne on several occasions and I have no problem with her at all.

Granted, she is outspoken but there is no harm in that and I, for one, am fed up to the back teeth with seeing nasty comments directed at her.

This thread is not about being nasty, it's about being nice and trying to bring back the camraderie which used to exist on this lovely forum.

So I am going to ask you, please can you bury the hatchet now and let's return to some form of normality? It would be so much nicer for everyone :thumbsup:
Jane, there is outspoken, and there is downright nasty - you may not have had a problem with Anne, but many others have. I am quite happy to let bygones be bygones, as long as she stops sniping at people. The trouble is she has friends on here who are moderating, and they turn a blind eye to her rudeness - which is why I and others quite often make our feelings about her known. She likes to snipe at people, and then turn it round to say she is being bullied. There is a way of putting a point across without being rude - look at the way she behaves on TWF - completely different to the way she behaves on K9. I and a lot of others don't find her behaviour acceptable. She has on more than one occasion rubbished K9 on TWF, and many of us feel she comes here to make it unpleasant for others. If she curbs her behaviour, then I am quite happy to ignore her posts :thumbsup:
I think that's reasonable :D It always takes two to tango!

Maybe you could agree to disagree and ignore each other in the future? Not everyone can get on with everyone else in life (it would be a boring old world if we did).

I think we all want to make snipey comments occasionally - I know I do - and, in a way, those who do follow their hearts and make those comments are possibly being braver and more open than those of us who keep our mouths shut? The problem with the written word is that we all read things differently and with a different inference or tone.

Maybe, if comments upset people, it is because we are all on different wavelengths. It's a really hard one to fathom or solve, isn't it? :(

I really would, genuinely, be so happy to see everyone getting on with each other. Healthy and meaured discussion is good and agreeing to disagree is probably the greatest strength we all have :thumbsup:

I agree with you all. It has got to the stage now that I am scared to put anything on in a discussion, because I get sniped at. It's very sad as this was an interesting forum. Loads of show people used to come on here but don't any more.The bullys on here should not win and make it an uncomfortable place to chat.
I think if we opened a poll, I know who the biggest bully on here would be ;) Someone who poses as a harmless old lady, but is actually quite venomous :angry:
I really don't want to get involved in this, June, but I have personally met Anne on several occasions and I have no problem with her at all.

Granted, she is outspoken but there is no harm in that and I, for one, am fed up to the back teeth with seeing nasty comments directed at her.

This thread is not about being nasty, it's about being nice and trying to bring back the camraderie which used to exist on this lovely forum.

So I am going to ask you, please can you bury the hatchet now and let's return to some form of normality? It would be so much nicer for everyone :thumbsup:
Jane, there is outspoken, and there is downright nasty - you may not have had a problem with Anne, but many others have. I am quite happy to let bygones be bygones, as long as she stops sniping at people. The trouble is she has friends on here who are moderating, and they turn a blind eye to her rudeness - which is why I and others quite often make our feelings about her known. She likes to snipe at people, and then turn it round to say she is being bullied. There is a way of putting a point across without being rude - look at the way she behaves on TWF - completely different to the way she behaves on K9. I and a lot of others don't find her behaviour acceptable. She has on more than one occasion rubbished K9 on TWF, and many of us feel she comes here to make it unpleasant for others. If she curbs her behaviour, then I am quite happy to ignore her posts :thumbsup:

Who are they June?, if you mean me then I'm quite happy to resign as a moderator this afternoon. I'm not aware I turn a blind eye on Showing or The Market Place, which are the two areas I have a responsibility for, but if you feel I do then you have to name names.

Jenny
I wasn't referring to you Jenny :thumbsup:
I don't know which mods are being refered to here June. You always make your feeling known in a very nasty way, there is no need for you to be rude and make remarks about my "mental state" being "senile" etc. As you seem to know so much about me perhaps you could let me know who the mods are that are my "friends" Apart from Jan.

Who are they June?, if you mean me then I'm quite happy to resign as a moderator this afternoon. I'm not aware I turn a blind eye on Showing or The Market Place, which are the two areas I have a responsibility for, but if you feel I do then you have to name names.

Jenny
I don't know which mods are being refered to here June. You always make your feeling known in a very nasty way, there is no need for you to be rude and make remarks about my "mental state" being "senile" etc. As you seem to know so much about me perhaps you could let me know who the mods are that are my "friends" Apart from Jan.
I think you will find it was someone else you were bullying who referred to your state of mind. I have not mentioned it :thumbsup:

Jenny
I think you will find it was someone else you were bullying who referred to your state of mind. I have not mentioned it :thumbsup:
It was you, I have kept it. Enough said.

I can only agree with jinnyfizz. It's a sad truth that no matter how you word what you type someone will always read something into it that you didn't intend. Mostly that is just about different writing styles or different personalities (some of us are far more forthright than others ... and why not, I respect those who tell it as they see it), but sometimes that looking for what isn't there is wilful and designed to cause upset. I pinched this from an email Jinnyfizz forwarded to me today ... Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle ... maybe if we could all remember that then those who have been driven away by the tone of some thread/posts will venture back again and K9 can get it's mojo back !

Anne and June ..... this is the point at which agreeing to disagree should come into play :thumbsup: xx

I know you can both do it!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Janis,i think you can now see why this forum has gone to pot & so many have left!!

Admittedly there was the odd bit of trouble,but nothing like what happened when a certain person became a moderator & started banning folks unecessarily left right & centre.I can't believe that she is accusing others of bullying when she herself has go to be the biggest nastiest vindictive bully that's ever been on here :angry:

im still lurking just dont get time to post much as me mum was diagnosed with cancer a while bk so been so busy caring for her .....but il try get some new pics of my gang up over next few day ....hope everyone is well xxxx

Nicky I am so sorry about your mam I didnt realise...hope you are looking after her well.... :huggles: and there is some improvement.

I didnt start this thread with the intention of 'opening a can of worms' so to speak.... :blink:

Please please can we try and have some sort of normality again on here for everyones sakes.... :thumbsup: what newcomers must think..!!!

I think it was me that questioned the mental heath of a K9 member. Also when June was moderating I found her very fair. She upped my warn level when I overstepped the mark!!! Others just carried on and were banned !!! Thats their fault. I'm willing to draw a line in the sand and hope others can too. :thumbsup:

Anne and June ..... this is the point at which agreeing to disagree should come into play :thumbsup: xxI know you can both do it!! :D
That would be good Jane, but once again bertha is saying I said something that I didn't. Perhaps she would like to provide a link to where I am supposed to have said this? No, I doubt it because I remember it being said, but it wasn't me who said it. Enough said!

I say again, I can ignore her posts if she stops being rude, and accusing others of saying things they haven't and playing the "poor old Anne who is being bullied". I actually don't write anything on K9 that isn't fact, or that breaks rules :thumbsup:

We would all like K9 to be the friendly place it once was, but all the while you have people posting here who don't care about the forum, who come here purposely to make trouble, it will never be a happy place. There are those of us who have been here from the very outset, and hate to see the way this forum is used to make trouble for their amusement. I repeat again - look at the difference between the posts made here, and the posts made on the Whippet Forum - it's like two different personalities :thumbsup:

Anne and June ..... this is the point at which agreeing to disagree should come into play :thumbsup: xxI know you can both do it!! :D
I will ignore june and her clique from now on. I cannot forgive the vile pms and vile things they have said on here though. I want nothing to do with them, they make it impossible to have a sensible discussion. Look how they have come on here.

Sorry Jane. I just cannot be bothered with them.

... I actually don't write anything on K9 that isn't fact, or that breaks rules :thumbsup:
June maybe you don't mean to, but it seems to me you have here. Feelings run high and this is what happens. I'm just sad that this thread of Janis's, clearly started with the best of intentions, has been hijacked like this. As has already been said, comments like the first I have quoted must be very offputting to new members who don't know the individuals involved. Please can we go back to discussing what is good about K9 and how to reinvigorate it.

I have always found this forum to be used mainly by people who are able to accept another persons point of view . I have had my opinions rubbished on another similar forum because I neither breed or show dogs therefore I know nothing . For daring to express an opinion I had the length of time I have had dogs questioned . I have recieved extremely upsetting PMs. I would hate to see this forum going the same way .

If we could all accept that we all have something to offer the forum everything would be fine .

If you wouldn't say it to someones face then don't say it here .

Also I would like to say I have found June to be one of the nicest people here . She has been very kind to me and I have seen that she has been very kind and fair to others :thumbsup:

That would be good Jane, but once again bertha is saying I said something that I didn't. Perhaps she would like to provide a link to where I am supposed to have said this? No, I doubt it because I remember it being said, but it wasn't me who said it. Enough said!

I say again, I can ignore her posts if she stops being rude, and accusing others of saying things they haven't and playing the "poor old Anne who is being bullied". I actually don't write anything on K9 that isn't fact, or that breaks rules :thumbsup:

We would all like K9 to be the friendly place it once was, but all the while you have people posting here who don't care about the forum, who come here purposely to make trouble, it will never be a happy place. There are those of us who have been here from the very outset, and hate to see the way this forum is used to make trouble for their amusement. I repeat again - look at the difference between the posts made here, and the posts made on the Whippet Forum - it's like two different personalities :thumbsup:

I will ignore june and her clique from now on. I cannot forgive the vile pms and vile things they have said on here though. I want nothing to do with them, they make it impossible to have a sensible discussion. Look how they have come on here.

Sorry Jane. I just cannot be bothered with them.

That's exactly what I mean ...... just ignore each other :thumbsup:

There's alot of water gone under the bridge and I'm not naive enough to think that a repair job is possible, but to leave sleeping dogs to lie would now be the best thing.

Winston Churchill once said "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"

I'm sure none of us are actually fanatics, but I do think that the subject should be changed now ...... in fact, dropped, for good!!

It's never worth having the last word ...... it just wastes breath :thumbsup:

I think that this thread may be a good thing...... it is airing some honest opinions now and I am hoping that it might bring closure to all the bad feeling so that K9 can move forward, wagging it's tail :D

Chances are if we all met up in person, its a fact of life......we wouldnt get on with everyone...it would be impossible Id think... :lol:

We are all individuals with different opinions, different things going on in our lives, different backgrounds....but we all have something in

common OUR DOGS ...and I value other peoples opinions on K9 when I have a problem, or want to share.

It would be such a shame to spoil all this,but Id say put your differences to one side...and simple ignore each other if necessary...if people wind you up to this extent.

Im sure most of us have something nice to post about at some time or another... :thumbsup:

i used to love this forum i had few words now and again with certain people ...but thats life ...i have however had more grief since owning my italian greyhounds ...and have had few people being nasty and of course i retaliate ...now i just dont even bother cause if you dont like me then thats fine i dont really care, what i do know is were all here for one thing and thats to disscuse and share the things we love most our DOGS .i dont know june personaly but i must say she has stuck up for a few people on here wen they have been bullied by some ,me included THANK YOU JUNE ,so why dont we all just ignore the people thats we dont like and start doing what we enjoy disscussing our babies :D lifes to pressiouse to waste arguing as iv found out recently :thumbsup:

I haven't been ignoring things but in trying to multi-task, serve customers, read this thread, mend a broken whippet's ear, I inadvertently superglued two of my fingers to a paper bag. I now have two pink and white striped fingers which I have to hold in an unfortunate position in order for them not to stick to each other! I have typed this using my left hand, how good is that.

Let's call a truce and go from here.

Jenny

K9 is still my favourite forum.I have tried Hunting Life,Poachers Rest etc,and i am on FB,i have always found k9 a mainly friendly forum,but sometimes.a little too pc.I think you have to let people have there say,even be a bit contraversial,etc.However,i do agree that it should not be used to bully,as i have seen before.

I have made some very good friends on here,i love both posting,and adding to posts.I have aquired most of my pack through K9,and for that,i will always be grateful.

I always love looking at peoples piccies,be it Whippets,Lurchers,horses,Ferrets etc.I will always be a k9 fan, :thumbsup: ,.

Amandaxx

I haven't been ignoring things but in trying to multi-task, serve customers, read this thread, mend a broken whippet's ear, I inadvertently superglued two of my fingers to a paper bag. I now have two pink and white striped fingers which I have to hold in an unfortunate position in order for them not to stick to each other! I have typed this using my left hand, how good is that.
Let's call a truce and go from here.

Jenny
:lol: :lol: watch nobody mistakes them for a candy bar and gives them a nibble :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back