The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Please Dont Let This Forum Go To Pot....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
As a relative newcomer to K9 I really enjoy the forum and try to join in the threads whenever I can or have something to say that other people may find interesting/amusing.
However I find some of the bitchiness and backbiting a bit offputting especially when people are questioning another contributor's mental health. Many people live with health problems - physical and mental - and should not be discriminated against for this. At the same time I do not believe that having health problems means that we should be excused poor behaviour.

I would like the forum to be a place where we can come for support, help and advice and where we offer this to others.

Totally agree with you....hope it hasnt put you off posting on K9. This is exactly what the forum should be for,.........

Ive been unable to going to work lately due to a few mental health problems myself .... :wacko: but hope I am never judged in this way....

I usually keep things very close to my chest, but hopefully I am overcoming them, and will soon be on the mend. Im sure we have members with other health problems too

and need these forums as a daily life line.

Dont really think it helps when you come onto a forum and see arguments as such and all the argy bargy....just puts you off posting.
You're right - it does put you off posting :( It's sad that this thread, about saving the forum from going to pot, so quickly became an opportunity for another argument :huh:

On the positive side, I've met some lovely people on this forum and feel like I know the whippets we see in all the super photos - I got so many messages of support when Alfie broke his leg, it really helped :huggles:

Best of luck with your continued recovery :thumbsup: :luck:

Jill

someone_is_wrong_on_the_internet1.jpg
Brilliant :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sadly, people with any sort of mental health problem will always be judged, by some... Following on from Janis, who incidentally is the only K9 friend I have on Facebook (although I have others who I keep in touch with via telephone/e-mail, you know who you are and I can never thank you enough!!) I have longstanding mental health problems, I am no less a person for it, I don't want sympathy (I'd have joined an MH support group if I had!!), I joined K9 to speak with people who had a similar interest to me, i.e their dogs!! I left K9 for a while after someone 'befriended' me then gossiped to others on the forum about me, I've no axe to grind, don't show/race whatever. I have a gorgeous whippet that I love, I want to try to enjoy that. OMG can't believe I'm about to post this, I am normally a very 'private' person! :wacko:

Sadly, people with any sort of mental health problem will always be judged, by some... Following on from Janis, who incidentally is the only K9 friend I have on Facebook (although I have others who I keep in touch with via telephone/e-mail, you know who you are and I can never thank you enough!!) I have longstanding mental health problems, I am no less a person for it, I don't want sympathy (I'd have joined an MH support group if I had!!), I joined K9 to speak with people who had a similar interest to me, i.e their dogs!! I left K9 for a while after someone 'befriended' me then gossiped to others on the forum about me, I've no axe to grind, don't show/race whatever. I have a gorgeous whippet that I love, I want to try to enjoy that. OMG can't believe I'm about to post this, I am normally a very 'private' person! :wacko:
But clearly a brave one ... and that's not sympathy, it's respect :) I think you've reminded us of what we all need to remember ... that first and foremost this forum isn't about people, it's about dogs, and the thing that unites us all is our love for our hounds :thumbsup:

the one thing you do fined out when you have mental health problems is who your frends are we did when tony became ill. you dont need simpathy or pitty just frend who excepty you as you are and realsie what shows on the outside isnt nessaserly how you feel inside. it does get rid of the fales frends though so even mental health issues have a good side. Tony found some of the best support and frends on here when he was taken ill and some of his so called mates and family run a mile. That why i get so fed up with all the arguing on here this sit can be so good

But clearly a brave one ... and that's not sympathy, it's respect :) I think you've reminded us of what we all need to remember ... that first and foremost this forum isn't about people, it's about dogs, and the thing that unites us all is our love for our hounds :thumbsup:
Thank you for that. Please, let's put personal differences aside, I like a healthy debate as much as the next person, but why does it need to get personal? We are many people, from all walks of life, we all share a common interest, and as such some sort of bond, we will never all agree on certain things, if we did we would be some sort of automatons, but it shouldn't need to get nasty.

Well ive got 4 lovely dogs through k9 and made some great friendships

For what its worth, my opinion, I think maybe it has gone to pot for a lot of people, I too have made some very nice friends :thumbsup: and appreciated a lot of advice from some of the threads. :thumbsup: Unfortunately for me I rarely post as it appears that people can 'pick an arguement' about the slighest thing. Personally I have found the lack of respect that 'adults' have for one another and their opinions very disheartening.

Whilst I appreciate what Jax said previously, there are many knowledgable people who have been in a breed for many years and can be taught by or learn from, there are those of us who may have only been in whippets or our choosen sight hounds for a few years, we may have owned dogs of all sorts of varieties of breeds for many years and may have more knowledge than we are prehaps given credit for.

I find I learn something every day whether I have good knowledge/experience on a subject or not. Likewise I have given some advice which has been appreciated, or I have had to agree to disagree but I have also been subject to attempted intimidation by other forum members.

Personally I do not believe that members can let by gones be by gones, humans, in my experience, are just not like that ( as negative as that sounds) and I think this thread prehaps proves that, the written word simply does not allow for expression, in the same way that face to face conversation does. I am and will be very guarded with what I post and to whom I post on all forums and where facebook is concerned I have returned my profile to those folks who are simply my friends, those who I have actually met and at least know something about me :thumbsup:

All the best to you all and your dogs - whatever variety they may be.

Liz

I would just like to say I will not be posting on here any more. I would like to thank all my friends for their support. I hope you June, Hely and others who have driven me off here are pleased with yourselves. I have all your PMs saved and other messages from Face Book for future reference.
Goodbye K9.
thats such a shame Anne, dont leave.... :(
OMG..how dare you mention my name !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so glad you have your ammunition.....keep it safe ahe :*

I'm obviously living in my own little world, I hadn't realised so many people found things unpleasant here. I like this forum because there is such a range of people and dogs, and a fabulous wealth of different experiences :thumbsup:
I'm all for a healthy argument sometimes and can perhaps be too outspoken, but I never set out to upset anyone - and really hope I haven't. It's good to hear other peoples' views even if you don't agree with them (and forums where everybody agrees with one another all the time are very boring), but it is a shame when it gets personal and people feel got at or bullied to the point where they are reluctant to post :(

I have seen a few unpleasant threads, one recently which I thought was quite shocking using someone else's tragedy to score points (not even on a part of the forum I usually visit, but the thread had a very inappropriate laughing smiley beside it so I thought it was going to be something funny/lighthearted), but I feel a bit of an outsider here, I don't 'know' any of the people involved personally so I guess it all washes over me.

At the end of the day a forum is a forum, it's not 'real life' and not worth getting too upset by.

That is so very funny... :lol:

Thank you for that. Please, let's put personal differences aside, I like a healthy debate as much as the next person, but why does it need to get personal? We are many people, from all walks of life, we all share a common interest, and as such some sort of bond, we will never all agree on certain things, if we did we would be some sort of automatons, but it shouldn't need to get nasty.
and so sorry Alison, we have something else in common too...no wonder we are up at all hours... :sweating:

I'm obviously living in my own little world, I hadn't realised so many people found things unpleasant here. I like this forum because there is such a range of people and dogs, and a fabulous wealth of different experiences :thumbsup:
I'm all for a healthy argument sometimes and can perhaps be too outspoken, but I never set out to upset anyone - and really hope I haven't. It's good to hear other peoples' views even if you don't agree with them (and forums where everybody agrees with one another all the time are very boring), but it is a shame when it gets personal and people feel got at or bullied to the point where they are reluctant to post :(

I have seen a few unpleasant threads, one recently which I thought was quite shocking using someone else's tragedy to score points (not even on a part of the forum I usually visit, but the thread had a very inappropriate laughing smiley beside it so I thought it was going to be something funny/lighthearted), but I feel a bit of an outsider here, I don't 'know' any of the people involved personally so I guess it all washes over me.

At the end of the day a forum is a forum, it's not 'real life' and not worth getting too upset by.

That is so very funny... :lol:
This had me in fits of laughter too, Janis :lol: :lol:

It just puts things into perspective so well :thumbsup:

and so sorry Alison, we have something else in common too...no wonder we are up at all hours... :sweating:
True Janis!

Good Morning everyone, a bright sunny one here! :thumbsup:

True Janis!

Good Morning everyone, a bright sunny one here! :thumbsup:
You lucky lady, Alison!!!! :D We have bitter cold gale force wind and horizontal icy rain

I just LOVE springtime :-

morning everyone

its freezingggggggggg here

very windy about to rain

You lucky lady, Alison!!!! :D We have bitter cold gale force wind and horizontal icy rain

I just LOVE springtime :-

Very lucky!! Had a lovely walk at around 6.30am at Druridge, not another soul in sight, just me, Rifle and a few bunnies (who didn't hang around for long!) (w00t) Sadly I think more rain forecast for later though.

The whippies are on strike!!! They are refusing to go outside (w00t)

........ methinks they will have to soon, tho' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back