The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Please Dont Let This Forum Go To Pot....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
As a relative newcomer to K9 I really enjoy the forum and try to join in the threads whenever I can or have something to say that other people may find interesting/amusing.
However I find some of the bitchiness and backbiting a bit offputting especially when people are questioning another contributor's mental health. Many people live with health problems - physical and mental - and should not be discriminated against for this. At the same time I do not believe that having health problems means that we should be excused poor behaviour.

I would like the forum to be a place where we can come for support, help and advice and where we offer this to others.

Totally agree with you....hope it hasnt put you off posting on K9. This is exactly what the forum should be for,.........

Ive been unable to going to work lately due to a few mental health problems myself .... :wacko: but hope I am never judged in this way....

I usually keep things very close to my chest, but hopefully I am overcoming them, and will soon be on the mend. Im sure we have members with other health problems too

and need these forums as a daily life line.

Dont really think it helps when you come onto a forum and see arguments as such and all the argy bargy....just puts you off posting.

:huggles:

I would just like to say I will not be posting on here any more. I would like to thank all my friends for their support. I hope you June, Hely and others who have driven me off here are pleased with yourselves. I have all your PMs saved and other messages from Face Book for future reference.

Goodbye K9.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only post now pics of the dogs for the very kind people on here who donated money for flynn and lily....so they can see how they are doing..the same with slip. i rarely come on here at all. All me mates i met on here i chat to on FB and if i need any advice i would ask on there...have seen how things can get ugly on here with advice......

I miss you all :(

Especially your funny FAO thread :lol:

get yourself on facebook xx
come on alison face book is calling you xx

I only post now pics of the dogs for the very kind people on here who donated money for flynn and lily....so they can see how they are doing..the same with slip. i rarely come on here at all. All me mates i met on here i chat to on FB and if i need any advice i would ask on there...have seen how things can get ugly on here with advice......

I did join but can't seem to get into it :wacko:

I was hoping you might all come back :flowers:

try again babe.....you will always find one of us on there....hely is always drunk....on the wine non stop :eek:

I did join but can't seem to get into it :wacko:

I was hoping you might all come back :flowers:
I think a few people have asked for FAO to be opened up again, but it hasn't been. It was good banter between quite a few of us, and somewhere you could always go if you were a bit down - there would always be someone there to make you giggle. Sarah with her changing signature pic each day. It was good while it lasted, but we do have an FAO on Facebook if you'd like to join us Alison. Facebook takes some getting used to, but it's OK after a bit :huggles:

Ok , will try to contact you all over there :thumbsup:

Your all grown up and k9 has a wondrefull think its called a block settting you can use so you dontv ahve to get wound up or irrated by someone you dont gte on with. I have had someone blocked that i cannot stand for quiet some time and its fab. the only problem is you have to control being a nosie sod when they post its not hard.

I only reply to post in some sections now and fisrt i check whos posted its got rediculas. whats the saying if you cannot say anything nice dont say anyting at all. I ahve some wondrefull frends on here but tend to speak to them on facebook. now cos you are watching all the time whos going to snipe at who on any thread. come on all take a chill pill. if being wound up on here all you have to worrie about count your blessing. we wont get on with everyone but we can ignor thoues we dont see eye to eye with lets get it back to how it was

I would just like to say I will not be posting on here any more. I would like to thank all my friends for their support. I hope you June, Hely and others who have driven me off here are pleased with yourselves. I have all your PMs saved and other messages from Face Book for future reference.
Goodbye K9.
thats such a shame Anne, dont leave.... :(

Anne ! dont go ,just spotted this and cant see what all the fuss is about :angry: This is virtual world :thumbsup: Let us remember that these are just punched out keys that spell so much but mean just a little ;)

and Wild whippies.....I am blushing now.... :b Thank you
It's true Janis. You were one of the first people I noticed on here when I joined too - you always say something positive about people's posts which is lovely. :thumbsup: It's no surprise that it's you who has started this thread trying to get the forum going again in a nice way.

I joined K9 just after we lost our first whippet and it was great to come on here and meet like-minded people who understood. I've met up with a number of people from here and have made some good friends which is why I have such a soft spot for it! I don't post so much but mainly because I've become a Facebook addict! But I do read threads although I tend to stay on the whippet one and so don't get involved in occasional nastiness on some of the boards. I like K9 AND Facebook - I think it's nicer viewing people's photos on here because the quality is better although it takes longer to post things. But it's lovely to be able to chat to people on Facebook as well and I do like the games!!!

I'm going to make an effort to comment more like I used to as, like Janis and many others, I would hate to see it lost.

Thanks for starting this thread Janis. :))

Anne please don't let them chase you away. There is plenty of room on here for everyone. If anyone makes any nasty or snide comments then let it go over your head. Its only cyber world and a lot of people that you may never meet so why let them wind you up. OK I know I'm maybe not the right person to say that as I get wound up by peoples comments.

I pop in now and agian to keep up with peoples news but rarely post these days. I have posted 2 threads in the last week firstly because I needed to let people know about my news and secondly as I needed advise on what to do as I had no experience of a dog grieving. Even so I still managed to get certain people who just had to be sarcastic but hey ho I just reply then ignore them. When I first came on here we had just had William and I needed some help and advise. Everyone was happy to help and not a sarcastic answer in sight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anne, I shall ignore that last post of yours :lol:

I know you will still be here as you have been, and are, an important part of K9 as well as TWF and FB :D

I think we agreed earlier today that things can be calmed down and a new chapter started for the benefit of everyone. Nobody wants you to leave so you have no need to feel that you are being driven away :thumbsup:

Give it a go, eh? You might be pleasantly surprised :huggles:

please remember that you can click the button to ignore a member and like bullies in the playground, when their efforts are ignored they get no response and no fun out of their sick game.

We're all fingers punching keys in, I love reading about all the dogs on K9, only once or twice managed to post pics as I'm a bit dim in that area ! but love seeing all your photos.

I always try to catch up with pages I've missed but seem ever more busy.

There has been some excellant, useful and helpful info on K9 for me.

Some people seem really lovely, the snidey comments I just gloss over and ignore, how can anyone really know you thru' posting on a forum !

I hope k9 doesn't disappear.......I'll have to do the housework then !!!

This is where we got Ella from, I'd be sad to see it go.

There's worse things going on in life than a member sniping at you down a computor line...just come and spend a day in Alder Hey, puts me into line every day.

KEEP GOING K9 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K9 WAS a big part of my life and would like it to be again.But I got so fed up of all the backstabbing that was going on that I startred to dread coming on I started to feel phisicly sick with it all. So I stopped coming on.but I have started to have alook see at things again and with this thread I hope things are going to be put tobed.

I owe alot to K9 I woudent have Phoebe or Pagan with out it.and becouse of getting Pepa I found this site I have made a lot of good freinds on here (you know who you are) I dont talk to them every day but I know if I needed anything they would be there for me as I am for them.

please get this site back on trak I might even give up my farmville on Fb (or not) love it (w00t)

I'm obviously living in my own little world, I hadn't realised so many people found things unpleasant here. I like this forum because there is such a range of people and dogs, and a fabulous wealth of different experiences :thumbsup:

I'm all for a healthy argument sometimes and can perhaps be too outspoken, but I never set out to upset anyone - and really hope I haven't. It's good to hear other peoples' views even if you don't agree with them (and forums where everybody agrees with one another all the time are very boring), but it is a shame when it gets personal and people feel got at or bullied to the point where they are reluctant to post :(

I have seen a few unpleasant threads, one recently which I thought was quite shocking using someone else's tragedy to score points (not even on a part of the forum I usually visit, but the thread had a very inappropriate laughing smiley beside it so I thought it was going to be something funny/lighthearted), but I feel a bit of an outsider here, I don't 'know' any of the people involved personally so I guess it all washes over me.

At the end of the day a forum is a forum, it's not 'real life' and not worth getting too upset by.

someone_is_wrong_on_the_internet1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back