The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Please Keep Your Fingers Crossed....

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
BeeJay said:
Aw hell Lana.  :( I saw that you'd posted and I thought good news of Pippin! 
Your country is so very different from here but could someone have taken him in?

Surely .... it may be possible. :luck: :luck: :luck:

Janimal said:
BeeJay said:
Your country is so very different from here but could someone have taken him in?

Surely .... it may be possible. :luck: :luck: :luck:

Unfortunately, Australian farmers have not much sympathy with dogs wondering around country side. Dogs do cause incredible damage to sheep, especially this time of the year when the ewes are having their lambs.

Lets just hope somebody took her home :luck:

Lida

BeeJay said:

I'm quite sure that every farmer in the district knew that she was lost and being sought after so anyone with a half a heart would not have shot her but phoned Natalie straight away to tell her she'd been sighted. They'd phoned evey immediate farmer around their property, they'd had the story in the local paper and on radio, in every vet's surgery. Natalie and Greg and their neighbours have been out searching for the last couple of days - Greg has been out at night with the spotlight. but nothing.

On the day that Poppy was found she had been sighted three times and almost captured once before someone finally enticed her into their home. There has not even been one sighting of Pippin in over a week.

Natalie says there are people who live in humpies in the bush who may have nabbed her, knowing she was a whippet and good for catching rabbits. But I tend to think it is more likely that some tragedy has befallen her. Surely the humpy dwellers are few and far between, it seems more likely that she has met with some bush terror that is more common, eg snakes, dingos. It is a most horrible thought but it is the one that keeps recurring. I would think that if someone had grabbed her to catch rabbits she would run away from that person the minute she was set free after a rabbit.

She has never dug out before. She escaped a day or two after I left her there but was soon found and returned even without people being notified that she was missing ("everyone" around knows that Natalie has whippets) and she had not tried to run off since.

I have cried and cried til I think I can't cry anymore and then I start again. I feel guilty that I didn't have the money to employ someone to look after my dogs and fly down to join in the search from day one. The not knowing and the not being able to do anything are eating me up.

Am sorry you have felt so helpless Lana. :huggles: :huggles:

i so wish i could help :(

:luck: still hoping and keeping fingers crossed though :luck:

aslan said:
BeeJay said:
Aw hell Lana.   :( I saw that you'd posted and I thought good news of Pippin! 

I'm quite sure that every farmer in the district knew that she was lost and being sought after so anyone with a half a heart would not have shot her but phoned Natalie straight away to tell her she'd been sighted. They'd phoned evey immediate farmer around their property, they'd had the story in the local paper and on radio, in every vet's surgery. Natalie and Greg and their neighbours have been out searching for the last couple of days - Greg has been out at night with the spotlight. but nothing.

On the day that Poppy was found she had been sighted three times and almost captured once before someone finally enticed her into their home. There has not even been one sighting of Pippin in over a week.

Natalie says there are people who live in humpies in the bush who may have nabbed her, knowing she was a whippet and good for catching rabbits. But I tend to think it is more likely that some tragedy has befallen her. Surely the humpy dwellers are few and far between, it seems more likely that she has met with some bush terror that is more common, eg snakes, dingos. It is a most horrible thought but it is the one that keeps recurring. I would think that if someone had grabbed her to catch rabbits she would run away from that person the minute she was set free after a rabbit.

She has never dug out before. She escaped a day or two after I left her there but was soon found and returned even without people being notified that she was missing ("everyone" around knows that Natalie has whippets) and she had not tried to run off since.

I have cried and cried til I think I can't cry anymore and then I start again. I feel guilty that I didn't have the money to employ someone to look after my dogs and fly down to join in the search from day one. The not knowing and the not being able to do anything are eating me up.

So sorry Lana........Miracles do happen, but I know it must be harder and harder to accept that Pippin will return. I hope if she has met her fate that you will know. Not knowing is the absolute worst scenario. I am still thinking and wishing for a happy outcome :luck:

Thinking of you, Pippin and Lana, and hoping for good news......................... :luck: :luck: :luck:

Must be pure Hell for you Lana - :( but as Joanna says Miracles do happen - and we are all praying on K9 here for you for one to happen soon.. :luck: :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
I do so hope that there is good news at some point :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: Our thoughts are very much with you.

My thought are with you Lana,I dread to think how you must be feeling :(

Can't imagine what you must be going through.

Hoping and praying pippin will soon be back home again. :luck: :luck: :luck:

:luck: :luck: :luck: It must be so awful not knowing what has happened to Pippin. I do hope she finds her way home. Don't give up hope Lana. :luck: :luck: :luck:

It's terrible not knowing what has happened to Pippin, but at least there is still a hope she is OK. If there are some hippies living in the area they may not have TV, radio or read the papers, and if she came across them, lost, tired, cold and hungry she would be just happy for anybody to take her in by now.

However dogs can go far in quite a short time. Many years ago my house mate had Irish Setter, who was a real escape artist. He would get out many times a day. He would be missing for about an hour, when he was brought home by somebody in a car. We could not work out why people pick him up, until we were told that they were getting in or out of their car when he came and jumped in, they looked at the tag on his colar and realised he is about 10-15 km from home, so they thought he was lost and decided to take him home!

I have never been to Mudgee, but isn't it rather flat open country? At least it would be rather cold in this time of the year for snakes to come out.

Do not give up Lana! Couple of years ago somebody from interestate lost a Whippet here in Victoria, when on the way from show they stopped and the dog took off. Was found very long way away - 40km somehow pops in my mind, but that may not be right. I know he or she was lost for quite sometime and it was also in winter.

:luck: :luck: :luck:

Lida

Sorry to bring this back again, but any news Lana? :luck:

I had so hoped for good news.You are in my thoughts, don't give up hope there is still a chance she is O.K. :luck: :luck: :luck:

All I can add is more of the same prayers and wishing for a positive ending.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back