The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Poor Moss!!

05whippet

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
At a show yesterday our poor Moss got attacked by a Doberman,he had to have 20 stitches! :(

oh dear god :eek: thats horrific :( sending loads of :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: to the poor boy.

what did the dobes owner have to say? :rant:

Here is another one,closer up.

Ryan had taken the four Whippets out the front of the building for wees and there was a guy holding his Doberman away over in a corner of the field,next thing Ryan knew Moss was screaming and the Doberman had hold of him :angry: poor Moss did'nt know what to do,I don't think people should be showing dogs with bad temps as if this had been a smaller dog it most likely would've been killed!

Poor boy :( :huggles:

This kind of thing seems to be happening more & more :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
lalena said:
oh dear god :eek: thats horrific :(   sending loads of  :huggles:   :huggles:   :huggles: to the poor boy.what did the dobes owner have to say? :rant:

Well,at first he grabbed his dog and did get (I have to be honest here) a mouthful of verbal from Ryan,he was livid!! :rant: but the owner did apologise,put his dog in the car and drove off!! we diod'nt know but he was apparently going off to see if he could find a vet...........he could'nt it was 7.30am in the morning and they were all shut! :( Eventually he came back,but by that time the show officals had arrived and were very shocked and I have to say sympathetic and helpful.They contacted their show ground vet who was on call and they kept in the secretary's office in a crate to keep an eye on him until we could get him down to the surgery at 9.30am.The vet kept him in and had to totally sedate him,as said he needed 20 stitches and is now on anti-b's.The Dobe's owner then came back to the show and I brought him into the office where they said he had to pay the vet's bill.......£160.00!! :eek: I don't think he was terribly pleased,but it may well have taught a very valuable,if somewhat expensive lesson! which is to keep his dog on the lead.I have to state here that he is new to showing and I dont think he will be at it long,as later in the day whilst walking past him again but with the two pups this time,his dog took another lunge at one of them again :angry: so I would imagine unless he takes some drastic action he will be banned from showing. He has been reported to the IKC anyway,so I am not too sure if they will be following it up or not? But I really do wish I had'nt bothered going to the show at all,as the weather was awful too Moss got attacked and we did'nt feature anyway!! :(

Here is one of him feeling extremely sorry for himself. He was so groggy for ages afterwards.But he is a bit better today. :)

a dog that bad tempered, regardless of looks, isnt a shining example and so shouldnt be shown, let alone reproduce :angry:

at least the owner did stick around and paid up, but if he'd been that responsible to begin with, poor moss would never have been attacked :(

:( Good God :(

Poor wee sole :(

:huggles: To Moss and I hope he's feeling a lot better soon :luck:

The doberman should not be anywhere near a show again :rant: :rant: :rant:

Poor Moss, I hope he feels better soon.

That Dobie should be banned from all licenced events, glad it was reported though as something needs to be done about dogs like this being at shows. I hope that it gets banned, it could be a kid next time.

Re-reading the previous posts, the dog wasn't on a lead :rant: . Isn't it KC rules that a dog has to be on a lead at all times.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG, that is TERRIBLE :( . Sending careful hugs and lots of TLC to Moss. A chaps dog lunged at Lily in the group ring recently. I don't think it was nasty but it frightened her. I'm SICK of these owners thinking its OK for these things to happen. Sooooooo glad he was made to pay the bill.

Poor Moss, that is terrible, having recently been through something similar with Buffy I have a huge sympathy for you and Moss, and it has made me very wary of all dogs now which is so sad :(

Hope he makes a speedy recovery and isnt too 'mentaly' scarred :luck: :luck:

Poor poor moss, loads of :huggles: and wishing him a speedy recovery.

What a terrible experience. Hope Moss gets well soon. You just dont expect that kind of thing at an IKC event.

Lots of cuddles to Moss. :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

I took my two dogs (when pups) to a training classe and my one Whippet got attacked he was screaming, picked them both up and rushed to the vets, a few stitches and it wasn't as bad as first thought. The women of the dog that attacked mine never appologised. We never went back, i did find out that her dog usually wears a muzzle but she had forgotten to put it on!! :(

Poor Moss and poor you, that is a terrible injury. I hope the owner of the dog really thinks twice before taking the dog anywhere without a muzzle.

Hope Moss recovers with no lasting damage :wub: :luck: :luck:

OMG (w00t) That's awful, poor Moss sending lots :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

Get well soon Moss

poor Moss :( :( how awful for him and you,lots of :huggles: :huggles: and get better soon :wub: :wub:

Poor Moss what a dreadful experience for you all. Good for you though for getting the show officials involved & good for them for doing all the right things. Its frightening to think that these dogs & their useless owners are about so much. In a way, its a good job that you were at a show and had some immediate backup, if youd been having an early morning run in the park the situation might have been even worse! Love & :luck: :luck: :luck: to Moss for a speedy recovery.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back