The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Poor Moss!!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
chelynnah said:
  If a dog is aggressive it has no place in the show ring.  I've watched a judge practically get bit by a dog it was going over, and still place the dog.  WHY??  Even if it was the best constructed dog in the ring, it's temperament is NOT one that the breed should continue with.

Precisely. This is why I put temperament first in the showing questionnaire!!!

no judge should have to go over a dog thats aggressive,its too dangerous.i once watched a judge try to go over a rottie that was snarling.she did persist whereas myself id have excused it.youre there to judge,not to take life and limb in your hands! (w00t)

dessie said:
05whippet said:
Bit of an update on Moss.............he is doing remakably well considering,although I have noticed that he has very red bruising along his sheath but there are no puncture wounds there,thank goodness! He is still on the anti-b's and is still quite tender (only to be expected) and quite quiet in himself but I suppose it will take a fair bit of time to heal.I know from experience that Whippets do tend to heal quickly and he is'nt a "silly" dog soI have my fingers crossed for a full recovery.Here are some pics taken this evening:

Pam, get some Arnica cream for the places where there is bruising but no broken skin. You will be amazed how quickly the bruising will go if applied twice a day but DON'T apply to broken skin, it will inflame it! Aloe Vera gel on the sutured areas will aid healing. :huggles: to Moss

Thankyou for the tip Caroline, I will go out and get some in the health food shop on Friday :thumbsup:

kris said:
no judge should have to go over a dog thats aggressive,its too dangerous.i once watched a judge try to go over a rottie that was snarling.she did persist whereas myself id have excused it.youre there to judge,not to take life and limb in your hands! (w00t)
I agree wholeheartedly :thumbsup: and think that like Dessie said Temp should be No.1 priority,regardless of whether the dog is a show dog or not!

Many years ago I judged a Boxer match ( dogs not humans :- " ) and one dog was `grumbling ` as I went over it , the owner said `oh hes just talking to you ` and I said , `really ,well he can go and talk to someone else :oops: `and stood well back :eek:

I dont care what they say , if dogs cant greet you nicelyand enjoy the attention , then they shouldnt be in the ring 8)

JAX said:
Many years ago I judged a Boxer match ( dogs not humans :- " ) and one dog was `grumbling ` as I went over it , the owner said `oh hes just talking to you ` and I said , `really ,well he can go and talk to someone else  :oops: `and stood well back  :eek:
I dont care what they say , if dogs cant greet you nicelyand enjoy the attention , then they shouldnt be in the ring  8)

Some dogs are quite 'chatty' but I think you know when one is 'talking to you' and when it is actually growling. I think I would be more wary of a dog who was obviously frightened and the owner insists on trying to make it stand for you to go over. I will not persist with a dog like this, not so much for my sake or that of the exhibitor but the dog itself. However, neither would be placed unless there was only 5 in the class!

JAX said:
Many years ago I judged a Boxer match ( dogs not humans :- " ) and one dog was `grumbling ` as I went over it , the owner said `oh hes just talking to you ` and I said , `really ,well he can go and talk to someone else  :oops: `and stood well back  :eek:
I dont care what they say , if dogs cant greet you nicelyand enjoy the attention , then they shouldnt be in the ring  8)

I don't judge,but I do have to say that I don't think a Judge should be expected to "go over" a dog that was either blatantly petrified or aggressive as both are dangerous in my books. Some "jobs" just are'nt paid enough!! LOL :lol:

05whippet said:
I don't judge,but I do have to say that I don't think a Judge should be expected to "go over" a dog that was either blatantly petrified or aggressive as both are dangerous in my books. Some "jobs" just are'nt paid enough!! LOL  :lol:
Not paid at all actually, most of us ............................................we just judge for the love of it!!!! LOL!!!

Poor Moss. :luck:

Hope he is well on the mend now and milking the sympathy for all it's worth :huggles:

05whippet said:
Here is another,as you can see from the previous pic he likes the sofa  :D   Had to prise him off it for this one!! (w00t)
gosh looking at this photo - the dog wasnt far off his 'dangly bits' (w00t) poor lad.

Hope hes feeling a bit better today. :huggles:

whippet_hurt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Rae said:
Poor Moss.  :luck:
Hope he is well on the mend now and milking the sympathy for all it's worth  :huggles:

Do you really need to ask that Rae????..............he is a Whippet after all. :lol: (w00t) :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back