The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Puppy Pics

WOW, I have never seen anything quite like that, what is he (the dog) like on the other side.

It is hard to show a dog like this, its hard enough if the dogs got one brown front leg and one white, judges say daft things like 'the colour was confusing me' :blink:

aslan said:
I most certainly did and was showing it to all my friends!  LOVE the back cover pic :lol:
That's my boy, trying to help his mommy with the garden :blink:

aslan said:
Here is a picture of a son I like very much, 11 months old. Could his colour possibly be more challenging???   quote MalinMmmm - I ADORE that marking!  But then I guess I'm different from the masses - I really appreciate unusally placed markings. :))  
:lol: Lana! You certainly are!!!

aslan said:
Very nice looking dog too Malin.
If one is able to look past the markings... >_<

Keep coming back to look at that gorgeous white/black boy -I think he is stunning!! :wub: :wub: :thumbsup:

I seem to remember he is 'normally' marked on t'other side.

The geographical scenery is Norway and the other scenery would be of no use to you Jax!!

Karen said:
WOW, I have never seen anything quite like that, what is he (the dog) like on the other side.
Here is a picture from the young mans off-show side. If you look closely you'll see that the black on the neck extends to the front and might give the impression of a thinner neck if you do not take the time to really look at him.

WalkOn12m_600.jpg

Karen said:
It is hard to show a dog like this, its hard enough if the dogs got one brown front leg and one white, judges say daft things like 'the colour was confusing me'  :blink:
I have to agree with you! If it had been a more forgiving colour for the show ring, e.g. a splash of fawn... but here is it BLACK (He is a really dark, shiny black but I have lightened the pictures considerably)! Hopefully some judges will have the ability to see past colour/markings and look at the dog itself.

And just for comparison the show side again:

WalkOn12mB_600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Malin - if I were the dog's handler I would show him on the off show side and wear a pale coloured or even white shirt/jacket, and I would place myself behind the dog's head and neck.

Whilst this wouldn't necessarily stop that black line making the dog's neck look thinner, it would help blur the top line of the neck into the background and would make the black line on the underside obvious to the judge, so that they could be made aware that they must look carefully at the width of the neck.

This would be better than having the black line blurred into a dark background where the judge could easily be optically persuaded to believe the neck was thinner than it is.

I would do this especially for all-rounder judges who find it difficult to accept the unusually marked, or to see through unusual markings.

He would look so much better on the off side, I would probably turn him into me just the tiniest little bit so you saw no black on the neck. The photo is taken slightly from the front.

I have had this problem and do now with Frodo because I will just keep on keeping the best one regardless of colour. People are always telling me he looks better one way or another. He has a white neck one side and dark brindle the other, a stifle white one side and brindle/white the other. I dont see it myself, just his really good movement. But what I was going to say was it does'nt matter what way around you show because when you have to move your dog it is always the show side the judge sees so I just have to assume my judges can see through the markings.

He looks a very nice hound anyway Malin :thumbsup:

Whilst not strictly show related, I am sure some of you won't mind watching these pics. Paulus from Malin's litter now lives within reasonable distance from Gullet and I, so we went to see him yesterday. They certainly hit it off! Paulus is now 13 weeks old, and Gullet is 16.

He is a lovely boy, Malin, and the new, first time whippet owner was waxing lyrical about his breeder!

View attachment 17328

took loads of pics, and these were the only passable ones, so bear with me if they are all a bit similar...

gulletpaulus.jpg

Ooh they sure are having fun!!! Puppies... :huggles: :wub: :huggles:

Thank you for sharing the pictures :p

bardmand said:
He is a lovely boy, Malin, and the new, first time whippet owner was waxing lyrical about his breeder!
And I'm lyrical about the families who have a boy from this litter! :luck:

malin said:
Karen said:
Here is a picture from the young mans off-show side. If you look closely you'll see that the black on the neck extends to the front and might give the impression of a thinner neck if you do not take the time to really look at him.

WalkOn12m_600.jpg

Karen said:
It is hard to show a dog like this, its hard enough if the dogs got one brown front leg and one white, judges say daft things like 'the colour was confusing me'  :blink:
I have to agree with you! If it had been a more forgiving colour for the show ring, e.g. a splash of fawn... but here is it BLACK (He is a really dark, shiny black but I have lightened the pictures considerably)! Hopefully some judges will have the ability to see past colour/markings and look at the dog itself.

And just for comparison the show side again:

WalkOn12mB_600.jpg

Wow - Ive never seen a whippet marked quite like that - hes very unusual - and gorgeous. :wub:

A little update on the boys. Zigge and his mom achieved best of breed, group and then reserve BIS at a small show today. I'm very proud of them both :thumbsup:

Two pictures from today

P1000110_zigge4m.jpg

thats nice that you are still getting pics of your pups :)

what breeding is their mum? she looks adorable in those earlier photos :wub:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back