The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Anne-MarieM

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi
My puppy sniffed at some glass down the park last Saturday evening and got a horizontal cut just at the bottom of her nose. It bled but stopped before bed time. We called the vets when they opened the next day, especially as the cut had started to reopen when she fed and played. They said keep it clean and come see them if it got worse. The next day it didn't bleed and hasn't since. Technically, it isn't any worse. However, the skin is pink and a little flappy.
She is a black labrador. Has anyone else has an experience similar to this? Is there anything you tried that worked? Will it likely turn into a scar?
Thanks

Stuff like nose and pads bleed like hell but mainly nothing more than a nuisance, plenty of salt water and also fresh air while trying to keep the dog from making it worse which will be prob your hardest job

Thank you very much, it was a little scary at first haha.

Keep us updated please, I remember my black saluki x had a punture hole in his neck , blood dripping, I could put my finger in the cut, got him home, washed it out, sterilised it, and asked a m8 with a pic what he thought, he said I’d done the first step then salt water then a good powder and plenty of fresh air, the best thing he was able to lick it also, I was worried but on the 9th day it was clearing up by the hours before my eyes, it’s a risk with one so big but it was sorted, I don’t encourage people to follow what I did but I had good people behind me, and I smelt it every day, hope your dog is good and don’t worry bout a scar, it’s what makes having dogs worth it for me , a few battle scars, both mine had scars around there eyes hehe,

Last edited:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back