The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Pups On The Way!!

yoyo

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
As it says Chloe is pregnant by the old rascal whisp, if it had'nt been for Chloe's persistance it would never have happened :))

Here are the prospective parents lazing about

SL370040.jpg

The dad whisp

SL370210.jpg

SL370206.jpg

SL370203.jpg

SL370035.jpg

Mum to be

SL370209.jpg

SL370207.jpg

SL370049.jpg

SL370059.jpg

outside

SL370036.jpg

Mmm went a bit mad there ,anyway there lovely dogs very fast & great temperments who love children so lets hope it rubs off on the pups :huggles:

Byeeee

Last edited by a moderator:
Wisp is so handsome - he looks so like Bluebell in markings :huggles:

More pups to droll over :thumbsup:

Well its strange world my Niece gave Birth to her 1st child a sweet little girl early this morning & Chloe would not be out done gave us these little angels, they are about 9 hours old here so I think quite robust looking :))

SL370272.jpg

They do look nice and sturdy don't they? What had she got there? some mummy look alikes!

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Ooooooo - black ones :D Are they Whisp lookalikes?

How many dogs/bitches?

............ think we need more piccies, pleeeeeeeeease :) :huggles: :thumbsup:

jinnyfizz said:
:wub:   :wub:   :wub:   :wub:   :wub: Ooooooo - black ones :D   Are they Whisp lookalikes?

How many dogs/bitches?

............ think we need more piccies, pleeeeeeeeease :)   :huggles:   :thumbsup:

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

i agree more pics and details boys/girls?

Congratulations...lovely pups... :cheers: :wub:

What a lovely looking litter :wub: :wub: :wub: - than again, that's not surprising with such gorgeous parents :wub: :wub:

Congratulations!!!

All sound looking pups. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

:wub: Oooh... more gorgeous puppies. :wub:

CONGRATULATIONS AND :luck:

Sonia and Jesse xx

Well done. I just love puppies. More pics please. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Here are a few more of Mum doing her bit & one of dad doing his.................

Actually thats not fair on Whisp, I dont know much about pups Etc but this has really impressed .

Chloe was whining & my Wife went to her with our Daughter & she was still whimpering so I went out & still she was whimpering .

I checked her over to make sure there was nothing obvious hurting her & there was nothing, my daughter who is 9 said "she wants Whisp" I said I dont think its a good idea to let him come in there but was overruled by both . So I brought Whisp in held his collar he was very cautious & stretched his neck out like a bloomin Giraffe, he is a very ,very laid back dog by nature & Chloe is the leader generally.

He siffed Chloe's head he then licked her eye ,then he licked her throat she stood up & I was a bit worried but he proceeded to clean her tail ,hindquarters & inside her rear legs as there was still some blood there,Chloe stood there her eyes half closed loving it.

He then really stretched his rear legs, & sniffed a black pup & licked it , I 'm not a soft bloke usually but this did impress me so I gave him a extra treat of chops today!

As I said I have made the old pantry for Chloe & the pups but there are a few drawbacks to this that I did not see, I lined the base with lots of Black bin liners & stuck them together with brown parcel Tape & also to the walls.

I have put cardboard on the bottom of the walls so if she leans against them she will not feel the cold, I was quite surprised how cold they were when I happened to lean against them, it has been used as a store cupboard over the years so have rarely stayed in there.

The problems are this :1st as it was an old pantry it is quite a lot colder in there so I turned on a few burners on the range cooker & it soon warmed up but then Chloe started panting ,so I then put in lots of old cutains but soon found out that Chloe is not catching all the waste & its on the cloth & smeared over everything including Lydia who walked it into her bedroom !!

So plan 2 I took out all cloth & put just newspaper in there ,but it looked sparse so I put 2 towels in there with 2 hot water bottles in which seems to have done the trick for now,we have decided to have 3 pieces of cloth one in there ,one in the wash & 1 drying?!

Ok Problem 2 which did upset me as its my fault which daughter soon pointed out,are'nt our children honest when its our mistakes :( .As I said I stuck the balck bags to the walls with Brown parcel tape , the walls are too cold & it will not stick properly which in turn led to one of the pups got himself stuck to the Brown tape & was stuck fast & could not free himself ,a bit like flypaper !!!

I have taken it down now although its in the photo's its gone now. Iwill either retape with Gaffer tape ,this is much more robust tape & should hold fast or I can use blue/white tak on the back off the black bags ,but with this it will not be all the way along the join & the pups MAY be able to get in between the wall/floor & the black bags ......???? Gawd I never thought it would be this problematic ? I'm leaning towards the gaffer tape of possibly buying a Playpen but then the bottom wont stop the wee ??

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

SL370273.jpg

SL370274.jpg

SL370204.jpg

I can't see the pictures :( :(

Hope Chloe is feeling OK now and not still whining - possibility she has a low grade infection and is getting pain? Not meaning to sound OTT but if she has a discharge and it persists then a visit to the vet may be wise :thumbsup:

Well don need more pics as i just loe to look at whippets :wub: :wub: :wub:

Hiya the pups look lovely :wub: :wub: Has mum got a whelping box or bed to lay in? we had a litter not long ago and hubby made a box out of thick cardboard and we lined it with newspaper then with vetbed and I put a blanket in aswell :thumbsup: our pups where under the stairs so it was nice and quiet and we had a radiator on low heat on 24/7 so they were snug and mum didn't overheat :thumbsup: hope this helps a little :luck:

HI all, thanks for all the input here, I have given up on the pantry Idea & I have bought a 2nd hand travel cot see below,.

Now she's a strange one,Chloe, after the 1st few hours she let Whisp sniff the pups but on the Tuseday he walked into the room & walked up to the Pups who were with Lydia & she bared her teeth at him, Whisp being the hero backed away & after that would not come out of lydia's bedroom only to run past to get for a walk, on a walk together she's all over him running playing as usual but in the house the big dark eye's at him. It was'nt fair on Whisp as was really nervous so I dropped him off at our Dad's for a while , the next night & all of today she is going to his place between the sofa's & scratching & whineing as though he is inside the sofa then she goes to Lydia's bedroom & gets in the chair & starts wailing really loud & scratching at the chair & licking it .

I have texted the wife to say pick Whisp up on the way home???what a strange little dog she is cant live with him & can't live without him ???....maybe she's a teenager ?? :blink:

SL370281.jpg

SL370282.jpg

SL370280.jpg

Old Romeo himself in between the sofa's

SL370047.jpg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back