The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Rch/nch A Kinda Pleasure X Nbch/rvch Moany Moany

Thanks Wendy :huggles: little one has had a little feed off the bottle and then went on the teat, his big romping sister is on now whilst he passes out under Blaze's leg :wub: .

Oh Good luck with these two - so sorry about brindle girl - every hour they'll be getting stronger :luck: :luck: :luck: :huggles:

4:30am - we're all still here lol

Put on 2oz overnight I hope I can keep it going later on in the morning. Mum is at work at 6am so doesn't look like I'm gonna get a break until at least 4pm :blink: .

Bored now, nothing on TV :(

:luck: :luck: Fleesh wish I lived nearer I'd do a couple of shifts for you :luck: :luck: :luck:

Keep going Elise, it will all be worth it in the end, and lets hope the little fella turns out a champ to make up for all your effort!

Whats the betting he ends up bigger than the bitch once he gets the hang of things lol

:D Great news Fleesh :D it won't be long before they are screaming at you for some breakfast (w00t)

Had a worrying time in the last few hours, he's not been interested in feeding since about 5am, maybe he's still full as his tum is quite big. I've been winding him too just in case he's taken air into his tummy. Got quite cold too so I've had him on a hot water bottle with a towel and been rubbing him over, he opens his mouth but doesn't squeal (which led me to think maybe he'd overfed and got air in his belly, opening his mouth as he would be uncomfortable).

No poo since 5am either but I keep looking out for the next one, right now he's in a box keeping warm with his sister for company. I'm very tired and not feeling very optimistic any more.

Come on Elise keep your chin up girl :thumbsup: You've bought him this far,don't give up hope now :) Wish we could help in some way :huggles:

Keep at it Fleesh :luck:

Is Blaze cleaning him to stimulate him to poop? or are you doing it yourself?

I think Denise mentioned it earlier but what's Kerry like with the pups? Any chance of her taking over a bit, just thinking with her being more experienced.

Wrap him in in towel and carry him around with you... Kenny and Christen had it with there little dog (mason) think Kenny used to put him in his pocket

keep rubbing his bum with damp cotton wool

We had this with fullstops litter for 4 days bottle feeding and cleaning them ,she wont not take to them at first and we had 5 to cope with .... its exhausting -_- ...

Good luck

Wrap him in in towel and carry him around with you... Kenny and Christen had it with there little dog (mason) think Kenny used to put him in his pocket

and now mason is a 23lb daft sod, into more trouble than enough, i,m sure he has A.D.H.D.........attention defiecit hyperactivity disorder......lol

Tiny poo - how glad am I. Was a bit dark and gooey so I think he was over zealous on the feed earlier on. Since been back on the bottle, winded and weighed. Another 0.1oz on, how glad are we.

I am stimulating him to poo as Blaze is having difficulties with him, her mouth and tongue are so big and he's so small his back legs get in the way. As soon as the poo comes I hand him over as he moves his back legs out when he "goes" and she can get in the clean him. I have never managed to make him wee so I'm not sure if she actually does it.

He's in a box with a hot water bottle against the side to keep it warm, there is a heat lamp on at the minute and he has the choice to move away and get under the towel. As soon as the box is warm I pull the towel over the top to keep the heat in. If he is wiggling or twitching when I look in I check his feet and leave him but if he seems lethargic he comes out and lays on the water bottle whilst I rub him until he gets "p*ssed off" and squeaks at me.

P.S The heating is on downstairs and so is the open fire to keep the chill off from the rest of the house, poor Rob is walking around half naked (what a shame :- " ) and I am about as roasted as I can get :sweating: .

I don't see that using Kerri will help very much, Blaze has plenty of milk that I can easily squirt from the teat (been attempting to fill a syringe from her :unsure: ). Kerri's teats are far too big for him, although she is smaller than Blaze her pups mouths are quite big and so her teats are large to accomodate.

I am so pleased with Blaze, she has taken to her task wonderfully and has endless patience, even with me almost laying over her, nipping at her teats and pulling them about to try and get the pup on, she doesn't mind in the slightest. It's just a shame that things have turned out this way for her, it could just be a freak of it being her first mating and maybe her hormones haven't added up right over the pregnancy, or maybe she's just the kind of bitch that, although she has a great mothering instinct and is protective of her puppies, (growling at the others if they get too close to the box the pups are in) just should never be bred from. We will never know :( .

P.P.S Appologies if I'm not making sense 100% or mucking up punctuation etc. I went through the sleepy period from sunrise until around half 8 and am now operating on that "essential processes only" stage.

Keep up your messages and suggestions they're helping to keep me awake 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
The body adapts when it needs to ...sleep who needs it lol...

you could always try having a cold shower :D

He's gone :( .

He was moving less and less and then just stopped breathing.

I gave him to Blaze one last time, she has licked him and now has left him.

Fleesh said:
He's gone  :( .
He was moving less and less and then just stopped breathing.

I gave him to Blaze one last time, she has licked him and now has left him.

So sorry Fleesh :( It wasn't meant to be :(

At least you know you did everything you could for him.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back