The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Rch/nch A Kinda Pleasure X Nbch/rvch Moany Moany

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
So sorry to hear your news Elise, sometimes nature is very tough. I hope the remaining two grow and thrive for you. Sending you loads and loads of luck and hugs :luck: :huggles: :luck: :huggles: :luck: :huggles: :luck: :huggles: :luck: :huggles: :luck: :huggles: :luck: :huggles: :luck: :huggles: :luck: :huggles:

Just before midnight, last check in of the day, glad to report the little boy has put on 0.3oz in the last 24hrs. If he continues to make this progress he should be hitting 6oz hopefully by the end of the week and then can hopefully feed on his own. He can now recognise and open his mouth over a teat but they're still a bit awkward to suck though he is trying.

His sister put on around 0.7oz and for saying she's only fed for the past 8 hours I think it's good progress for her too. She's remained very strong throughout where her sister faded but things seem to be on the up for her too :D .

It's a shame losing one and not the one we were expecting to pass but still remaining optimistic, it's all we can do :thumbsup:

MY BITCH YEARS AGO DECIDED NOT TO BOTHER WITH TWO OF HER PUPS NO MATTER WHAT I DID TO TRY AND KEEP THEM ALIVE BUT THE BITCH KNOWS IF THERES ANYTHING WRONG AND YES ITS NATURES WAY, BE STRONG, I KNOW ITS HARD BUT WE HAVE TO BE THERE FOR THE OTHERS

DEBBIE

Good morning all, I was in bed just after 2am feed, and back up by half past five as my sister was worried about Blaze. She was pulling up the bed with the pups in and refused to get out of her bed when the pups were away. She seemed quite warm and was panting a lot.

Glad to report though that as Rob and I got up she seemed to settle down and was more compliant, I am watching her temp. due to the section there's some bits of placenta etc. that she should pass so we're all keeping an eye out when she goes outside and making sure she's getting enough fluids and not getting a high temp.

Little one is the same weight this morning but my sister is not good at feeding him so I think I may be on a 24hr shift making sure he continues to gain weight overnight, at least until he's big enough to manage for himself. (like a pig this morning, good strong suck on the bottle complete with "leg action" like he was on a proper teat).

Fawn continues to feed well, she's got a good voice on her when she's not happy or wants attention and little one has started to shout too when he wasn't attention which is great to hear, it also means Blaze is starting to give him the attention he needs from her. Funny, I think she knows that he's not feeding off her but is being fed by me, and she seems perfectly happy sharing responsibility for him, fawn pups is definately hers through and through but little one is "ours" and if he needs to be picked up and fed she just waits until he returns.

I am still not naming either of them yet, fawn is over 10oz now but she'll wait for a name, little one has been named "Brutus" by my Mum and sister but I still refuse to refer to him as anything other than little one, not out of the woods yet.

Needless to say should they both pull through (and provided there's no health problems related with little one's size) then neither will be leaving here :) .

:D as every hour goes by they will get stronger, keep your chin up Fleesh :luck:

Took his first feed off Blaze this morning, I had to hold him up so he could reach the teat but he got a good strong latch on and a good suck, not a big feed but it was good enough :thumbsup: .

Good Luck Fleesh. I am SO glad the pups are making good progress. I have followed their progress every stop of the way.

Audrey

Glad to hear both seem to be making progress :)) and more so that providing all is well they will both be staying :thumbsup:

Still trying not to get my hopes too high (but couldn't help choosing a name for the little lad) :- " .

hi fleesh really sorry to hear about the lil girl, glad the other 2 making progress they sound great goodluck with them both :luck: :luck:

Lets just hope there are enough Antibodies left in her milk for him now,as the 1st couple of day's milk is the most important,as it contains all the goody goodies,that they need to help fight off any infections n stuff.Stiil thinking of you and youre babies Elise. ...Billy...

Good luck with them i hope your little do pulls through :)

Mum is trying to quote a message for me to write to you all, as far as she's got is "Thankyou".

When she gets through the tears she'll tell me the rest.

"If that little dog can survive on the love coming over from all of you here on the internet then he'll be doing just fine."

All your messages have really touched her. We'll continue to work hard for our little lad, doesn't seem to have gained weight today as far as the scales are concerned, but he's still the same he was this morning and a lot more active/vocal so getting a lot more attention from Blaze.

Still a struggle to regulate his temp. avoiding him getting too hot but he gets so cold very quickly and then is sluggish to feed. Seems to be on the up again this evening, hopefully yesterday was his first good day, today was his slow one and he'll continue to make improvements tomorrow. Though I call a tiny pup actively looking for a teat on his own a vast improvement though he still needs physical support to feed as Blaze is just so big compared to him.

P.S Have you ever seen a person really excited when they see a puppy do a big poo :wacko: . Well now you have !!!

P.P.S Bitch is thriving, 10.3oz at the start of the day and 11oz right now :thumbsup:

so glad he has started feeding, and glad your keeping him, time and patience is all you need alot of the time, ricky and i had a few weaklings with the 1st litter from a ghd and with time they came on great, keep up the good work

fingers crossed that both pups thrive and pull through this :luck:

Fingers crossed for the littl'uns, hope they continue to pick up

Pups look lovely elise.. :wub: sorry to hear about the loss off one, :( but goodluck with the other 2.. :thumbsup: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Rose :)

sorry to hear about the lil one,i pray the rest will be ok :luck: :luck:

Hello all - I snatched a quick 3 hours away from the pups for a quick snooze, and am back here doing the full night shift.

So should anyone feel the urge to post a hello or even call me in the night ( :blink: ) just to help me keep awake then feel free :lol: .

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back