The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

rocco one for the ladies

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
He couldnt be shown as he is a non standard colour

That’s interesting, Kara1. why would so many people breed tgeir bitches to a non-standard colour. Do they sell for more money because they’re more unusual?

Sadly some people don't see beyond cute puppies of pretty colours to question the ethics of breeding from healthy dogs. For example, breeding from a dog with health conditions and stenotic nares isn't a very responsible thing to do - OP did you know when you got him that he had been used for such heavy breeding? It sounds like he has been used as a puppy farm stud.

That’s what I was wondering. I think, though I’m not sure, there’s a KC limitation on the number of litters over a certain period bitches can have, but I suppose with dogs you’re not affecting tgeir physical health, so they can’t curb that.

Indeed. Although we do know that breeding can change a male dog's temperament; so there could be a question whether how their mental health is affected - not that it could be measured though.

People sell non standard colours as rare breeds ..these can be KC reg but cannot be shown ...the proper french bull dog breeders and showers get frustrated with the in breeding ....a bitch is only supposed to have 4 litters maximum in her lifetime ....

Did you collect him from the owners' home? Could you go and pay them a visit?

hi when we saw him at his old home he was with a female french bulldog and she was very prominent on chest area so we are not sure if both dogs where mates , we was advised that don king was mated but did not know how much untill we found info on kennel club reg , we did collect him from his old home and paid £500 the old owner did ask us to keep her informed on how he was doing in which we are through whats app but since the 4 dec at 3am she has not been in contact with us she did advise that she was going away untill sat but did not say which sat , on the day of collecting his paper work she was not there due to visiting husband in hospital but we have now got all paper work and changed all details on him to us , when we took him down to our vets to be chip checked they advised us that the chip was local but the address did not match when we spoke to kennel club microchip central they advised us that the vets did not know what they was talking about , the old owner said she had him since he was 8 months . i are still looking into try and get some thing on the dog but why the old owner has not informed the vet of rehome is a mystery ..and there for wont get any info on the dog history as they said it comes under gdpr according to ico it does not and there fore old vets/owner is with holding his treatment health records for what reason is unsure at the moment

Might be worth hanging on to whichever Saturday you think she meant and then going over to her house to pay her a call... You could write a note to her in advance to leave if she's not in.

Alarm bells should have told you that £500 for an entire french bulldog is way too cheap
Please consider having him neutered ...as testicular cancer is common in un neutered males ...my friends English bulldog was diagnosed last month and he is an ex breeding stud dog he is 4 yrs old ..

hi we would not know what a entire french bulldog would cost , i have spoken again to cab waiting call back and i spoke to rcvs they have said it does not come under gdpr but old vets says it comes under data protection as it will have the old owners name and address on record , according to rcvs vets have the right to get medical info on a animal with out permission from the owner , it sounds like vets dont know what they are talking about

Owners don't have to pass on information about the dogs previous health that is just good will ..
If you aren't going to breed again from him I wouldn't worry about his past ...I cant see you getting any joy from the owner now

hi it is the principle of it as at the moment we have no history regarding vaccinations or even worm or flea treatment all though our vet has said that if no one can get this info then we would have to start again at cost to us the old owner wont even say when he was last wormed or flead she just said my vet will tell your vet , according to rcvs and ico we have a right to his treatment history due to the welfare of him

Was the person you bought him from a business or a private seller ...

Have you asked the old vet if they can give you the information without giving the owner's name and address? You could print off a piece of legislation that makes it clear this doesn't go against the GDPR, as well as anything in writing from the RCVS and ICO.

both vet practice wont listern to me regarding gdpr rcvs or ico , the old vet wont give anything as it might have owners details on it , the new vets its me who should contact old vets but according to rcvs the vets can get the info they want , am i aloud to post info from other www on this site then can show you what they are saying

I thought you could only obtain info without previous owners consent if the dog In question had a life threatening illness not for vaccinations and worming details

hi as we have no history without further testing we dont know for sure if he has any thing wrong with him at all apart from his pink rash ,if we went down the route of tests it would cost hundreds of pounds , our vets have said they cannot give me meds as they are unsure of allegy so would this not come under welfare of the dog

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back