The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Saturday's Show

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
This thread started with Alison wondering if her cheque had been cashed and the latest post has Cathie replenishing her undies drawer, who say's showing not interesting.

I hope that the only exhibitors showing a pair on Saturday are in the brace class !!

Jenny ( who can't go because she has to work)

Last edited by a moderator:
My best advice is, always wear the same coloured knickers as your trousers, causeif they spilt when you bend over no-one will know. 8)

Also wear a decent Bra !!!!! :- "

Also a spare outfit just in case the dog is sick on you in the car :oops:

dolly said:
My best advice is, always wear the same coloured knickers as your trousers, causeif they spilt when you bend over no-one will know. 8)
[SIZE=14pt]Also wear a decent Bra !!!!! :- "[/SIZE]

Also a spare outfit just in case the dog is sick on you in the car :oops:

Sounds like a job for the cup steward to sort out should things go wrong !!!!

[SIZE=14pt]Ali [/SIZE]

I strongly suggest that you go out now and purchase a caravan so that you can take your whole wardrobe including many essential pairs of shoes, have a shower if Monty is sick on you, cook dinner if your car breaks down, and have a little lie down on a nice divan if it all gets a bit much. This way you will also have a hook for the show lead, a table to practice on, a drawer in which to keep your ring clip and a kettle with which to make a nice cup of tea before or after the event. As the caravan will be new and modern it will have a lovely fridge for champagne should it be needed and for beer and wine should it be called for. Monty can have a choice of beds on which to recline and there will be enough room for the iggys too. You will be able to entertain all your new dog showing friends as well as providing a private place to try out outfits in the full length mirror on the toilet door, that way avoiding knicker incidents later in the ring. The toilet will also come in very useful if you are nervous in any way before your big moment. You will be able to arrive a day early which will be just great as you know that you will be on time for your very early start the next day.

Why haven't you thought of this sensible solution already?

greengipsyvan.thm.jpg

:lol: :lol: Priceless! :lol: :lol: - and actually so sensible, but it would also need a turbo drive in order to make a quick getaway after the pooing, peeing, threelegged, knicker incident :p

With regards food :- " The catering there is done by the centre , and out of a possible 10 points Id probably give it a generous 3 :eek: The sandwiches are ok , but they only do chips and burger type things upstairs in the main building /. So take your own snap with you is my advice :cheers:

Of course I wasnt thinking about MY stomach at all :- " :lol:

I'd forgotten that :blink: - you are quite right about the food, but tell me please, what is a snap? :unsure: A strange northern term for something I presume :- " could you please translate? :teehee:

Eh Lass dos thou no nowt :lol: Yes thats right snap = food

Good luck everyone on Sat , would love to be there :(

muttz said:
We are probably in the same class so I will look out for the gorgeous Monty and will come over and say hello - I will be the red-faced embarrassed one with the three legged puppy !!  :oops:
I hope we are together! whats your pups name? and have you put any pics of him on here?

dragonfly said:
[SIZE=14pt]Ali [/SIZE]I strongly suggest that you go out now and purchase a caravan so that you can take your whole wardrobe including many essential pairs of shoes, have a shower if Monty is sick on you, cook dinner if your car breaks down, and have a little lie down on a nice divan if it all gets a bit much. This way you will also have a hook for the show lead, a table to practice on, a drawer in which to keep your ring clip and a kettle with which to make a nice cup of tea before or after the event. As the caravan will be new and modern it will have a lovely fridge for champagne should it be needed and for beer and wine should it be called for. Monty can have a choice of beds on which to recline and there will be enough room for the iggys too. You will be able to entertain all your new dog showing friends as well as providing a private place to try out outfits in the full length mirror on the toilet door, that way avoiding knicker incidents later in the ring. The toilet will also come in very useful if you are nervous in any way before your big moment. You will be able to arrive a day early which will be just great as you know that you will be on time for your very early start the next day.

see, if you had posted this a couple of days ago I could have bought one instead of my nice new gold car - this is EXACTLY why I ask so many questions and always worry about details :rant: :lol:

Snap? is that the same as luncheon? or afternoon tea?

Do you think this thread needs to go into FAQ - What to think about before a Dog Show? (w00t) 8) :- "

Go on Helen, I dare you (w00t)

doris said:
see, if you had posted this a couple of days ago I could have bought one instead of my nice new gold car - this is EXACTLY why I ask so many questions and always worry about details :rant:   :lol:
Snap?  is that the same as luncheon[SIZE=21pt]? or afternoon tea[/SIZE]?

eeeelassthamunbereetposhthee <<<VBG>>>

Snap is Snap whenever it is eaten - from early morning eg Indian post supping, all the way through Brekky, 11s's. Dinner (eaten at dinnertime not at night), snack, tea or supper.

You should also have a mashin with your snap

mashin? :wacko:

Fllippin heck your only going for the day. What will you be like if you have to stay over for a show.

I have to say that a lasting memory is of looking out the window at a B & B in Scotland in the early morning dawn and seeing an Iggie exhibitor leaping around the garden in her vest and knickers (And yes they were a Bridget Jones type)

It was the same B&B who offered a pre dinner drink and I cant remember anything about dinner I was so drunk :cheers:

Mashin = Rosy lee = Tea

I never realised you could learn so much on a whippet forum :- "

dragonfly said:
[SIZE=14pt]Ali [/SIZE]I strongly suggest that you go out now and purchase a caravan so that you can take your whole wardrobe including many essential pairs of shoes, have a shower if Monty is sick on you, cook dinner if your car breaks down, and have a little lie down on a nice divan if it all gets a bit much. This way you will also have a hook for the show lead, a table to practice on, a drawer in which to keep your ring clip and a kettle with which to make a nice cup of tea before or after the event. As the caravan will be new and modern it will have a lovely fridge for champagne should it be needed and for beer and wine should it be called for. Monty can have a choice of beds on which to recline and there will be enough room for the iggys too. You will be able to entertain all your new dog showing friends as well as providing a private place to try out outfits in the full length mirror on the toilet door, that way avoiding knicker incidents later in the ring. The toilet will also come in very useful if you are nervous in any way before your big moment. You will be able to arrive a day early which will be just great as you know that you will be on time for your very early start the next day.

That's what I do.

The downside of that is that if the food at the show is bad or too expensive, you will end up feeding everyone all day and also hiding their liquor and wine in your caravan, too.

Cathie can tell stories about the Chez Surrey Hill mobile puppy palace and canteen.....

Jan Doherty said:
Fllippin heck your only going for the day. What will you be like if you have to stay over for a show.
Stay over for a show? that ain't ever gonna happen!! :lol:

Anyway, Scotland? Are you mad? with my reputation :- "

Karen - maybe Cathie COULD tell us stories . . . but I bet she DOESN'T!! (w00t)

Stay over for a show? that ain't ever gonna happen!!

Not if you get the showing bug it wont be

Alison, click on the link in my signature, it's the least nerve wracking show you'll ever enter (w00t) 8) :- "

Alison

Altho this is seriously funny...........take heed.

I bought my first IG many moons ago & thought the whole showing lark was a hoot. :lol:

Hadnt been showing long when along came CRUFTS so off i hiked in................."Boots & leggings"!!! (it was cold & middle of winter)

Thought the whole thing a laugh with a well respected breed judge & as i had only been showing a few months, i really went more for the social side.

Went in my class without a care in the world ...............................& won it!!

Went back in to the challenge....................................got the flaming CC :- "

At this point felt just a tad sick :x

Went in for BOB ........................& won it :eek:

Off i was rushed to the group ring in my "leggings & boots" :(

Next day, BBC2 all the main winners .................................There i was in all my glory GROUP 4 in crusty boots & leggings!!! :b :eek:

Moral of the story.....................Whatever the show, ALWAYS dress to impress, be prepared & expect the unexpected :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back