The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Savage Attack

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
OMG...hope Harley is going be ok...those dogs frighten the hell out me...not saying all staffies/bull terrieres are like this BUT its only a handful which are kept under control...i reported one that lives opposite to us...while out just walking just one of my whippets ...the staffie(more like a pitbull type) came running over with its hackles up and that look in its eyes...had to pick Bow up as it would of gone for her...the owner just shouted at the dogs and eventually came and got it..it was called 'Tyson'

came back in flood of tears ...justt having to experiance that just made me shaken up

please report it even if they dont do anything at least it'll be recorded and for heaven forbid it happens again it'l be on record

sending lots of healing hugs your way

So sorry to hear what's happened to Harley, I can't say i surprised by the bred of dog that has attacked him, it's a regular thing where i live :rant: these staffie bull type always seem to be owned by the wrong people.

I hope he gets over his ordeal and his ears heals quickly.

Clare

Poor Harley :( How awful you and your dad must have been in a terrible state of panic. I certainly would have been :eek: Imagine the owners doing nothing :rant: Morons like that should have the dogs taken off them, how irresponsible. I hope you report them and that the number that they have given you is for real.

Big hugs and kisses to Harley :wub: :wub: I hope he is ok :luck: :luck:

There is a Staffie near me that I avoid, it is often walked by a 6 (ish) year old boy ON HIS OWN and when it pulls he just lets go. It used to s**t on my front lawn as it goes where it wants and even though the kid had a bag couldn't pick up as the dog kept walking after going to the loo and he wasn't strong enough to hold it. The one time have have encountered it whilst walking my two the kid was with his dad but the kid had the dog. he just let go and the dad stood like an idiot shouting "Molly come here" Molly took no notice at all just charged at my two. Luckily he realized that Molly was ignoring him and came and got her.

I usually wear steel toecapped boots when walking my dogs.

I went out tonnight,,in the car,,and we must have drove by about 6 stafiies ,out walking,,I think 1 boder collie x,and 2 mutts,,,there must be loads of staffie's out and about now,,they must be about 40% of the doggy population now,,so we will meet them on walks. I know not every staffie is going to fight, but yep if I see one,,my heart is in my mouth,,just since our 2 staffie attacks.

Im sure there are loads of other

breed attacks that never make the news or k9,,,,ive never seen a mastiff or great dane attacking onther dog,,but im sure they have.

There are just more staffie breeds doing the fighting just now as there are more of them out there

Hope Harley is on the mend soon

Thanks for all of your kind words iam kippin downstairs 2night with harley just to make shore he's ok :b thanks again, callum ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
My Heart sank when I read the title of this thread.

Hope this has no lasting effect on Harley. We are thinking of the handsome boy.

It has been quite a week for irresponsible dog owners. Almost a week ago we were out for a walk and I couldn't believe it, this dog a staffie as it happens ( but I am not blaming the dog) just jumped his 5 foot picket fence and was going to have my whippets. Nockie and Freddie were really good really, well they didn't get a chance because I sent it on it's way .. twice and had a bark at the owner. But it could of been a totally different story.

Then a couple of days ago I arrive at work to find the Shepherd and Cattle dog that are guard dogs for the Pet Shop next door trying to rip the tail out of a dog up the street. Well I see red and send them off, expecting them to return home but they race off between two buildings and across 4 lanes of traffic never to be seen again. I had a bit of a bark at the Pet Shop owner and I haven't seen the dogs since. They are either still on the run or the owner has put them in a safe house until the heat is off.

I am watching with keen interest over the fence.

Irresponsible Dipshits :rant:

My heart goes out to you what you must be going through at this moment as a simular thing happend to me last week with my pup Murphy and my Border Poppy,I Harley gets over the attack soon and it leaves nolong lasting effect on him :( Im not saying all but it seems to be alot of sick in the head people that seem to be atracted to these fighting breeds, who are happy to take no responsibility and prevent attacks on other dogs or quite prepared to stand back in a hypnotic state and watch there dogs destroy another dog .

Since my dogs attack I have had to ask an individual walking towards me with the greatest of respect ;)

To put his pit bull/Irish Staff on the lead as i had done with my dogs , sad times we live in :(

I am so sorry that your beautiful boy was attacked.

As you know, I am a staffy owner (a responsible one, I hasten to add!), but I do know what the breed is capable of. I mentioned this on another post but my boy was attacked by another staff. The dogs hang on and DO NOT let go! You and your father were very brave to fight them as you did (as we all would). I get so f***ing angry at the idiots that own these dogs and do not know how to train or control them! They are like loaded guns when not trained or handled properly!

Firstly, I hope that Harley is okay ( I am sure he will appreciate you sleeping downstairs with him)...secondly, I hope that you and your father are okay (it is terrifying to watch and the shock is incredible!) and thirdly, I hope you report the b**tards to the police!

Sleep well and huge hugs to Harley.

Nite nite

x

I do hope Harley is ok... :luck Get well soon.

Ive also got first hand experience of a really nasty staffy attack... :( and its took me years

to overcome my fears of them too. I now dont tar them all with the same brush as we have a really nice one in the

village and my boys get along well with him...its helped me a great deal I know that. Like Myfairlady says...there are some

responsible owners of staffies out there..thank goodness too. :)) they arnt all the same.

Poor Harley - what a traumatic experience. :rant: :rant: Hope he is feeling a bit better now. :luck: :wub: :luck:

How's Harley today??
I do hope you're both okay.
thanks for your nice reply and yh harley is much better thanks, callum :thumbsup:

I'm so glad to hear it.

I felt really upset, angry and worried after it happened to Arnie and it took me a long time to get over it. It just makes you so wary of other dogs when out walking.

Take care of yourselves.

I'm so glad to hear it that Harley is doing good after the attack.

it so frightening when your dog is attacked am pleased he is on da mend

all da best

rhonda

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back